Tachycardia is not only an unpleasant and painful condition. If the heart begins to work at a frantic pace (over 100 beats per minute), it is extremely dangerous. It does not matter what it is - diseases or strong emotions - caused by rapid heartbeat, the main thing - as soon as possible to bring it back to normal. Therefore, everyone should know how to reduce the pulse at home quickly, even if you do not have the necessary medicines at hand.
What is terrible rapid pulse?
A sharp increase in heart rate is dangerous not only for health, but also for human life. This can result in acute impairment of cerebral circulation and lead to a stroke. Increased heart rate can cause acute ventricular failure. If you do not promptly normalize the work of the heart, then a deadly state can occur - arrhythmic shock.
Often with an increased pulse there is a reduced pressure. This does not bode well, since the person most likely developed hypotension. In order to compensate for the blood circulation, the heart starts beating very often.
If an increased pulse occurs at rest or is noted for a long time, a visit to the clinic is required.
How to reduce the pulse at home quickly with medication?
Medicines from the home first-aid kit will help to calm the pulse, but will not get rid of the cause that caused an increase in heart rate. To reduce the heart rate, you should take one of these drugs:
- validol (pill put under the tongue and dissolve);
- Corvalol drops (20-30 drops dissolve in cold water).
Drugs that reduce the pulse, do not eliminate the attack of tachycardia instantly. Therefore, if after 5 minutes the person does not feel better, you should not give him another bunch of pills. This will lead to the fact that the pulse drops to a critical point, and will have to fight with bradycardia.
Medicines should bring the pulse back to normal after 15-30 minutes.
Physiological methods of "taming" the pulse
If there was no medicine on hand or the task is how to reduce the pulse at low pressure at home, then it is advisable to apply vagal tests - special techniques that help to quickly normalize heart rate. This is especially important in cases where it is necessary to dispense with the effects of drugs, as drugs for tachycardia in parallel will lower blood pressure even more.
What vagal tests can be used to reduce heart rate?
- Neck massage in the carotid artery. By massaging the front of the neck, where a large number of receptors are located, it is possible to effectively reduce the heart rate.
- Ashner's test. It is carried out in this way: a person must close his eyes and press his fingers on the eyeballs for 20 to 30 seconds.
- "Diving Dog". You should take a deep breath, hold your breath, hold your nose, keep your mouth closed. Place the face in a basin of cold water or overlay it with pieces of ice. To strain, as if you want to exhale deeply. This technique will lead to the excitation of the vagus nerve and reduce heart rate.
- Cause vomiting (by pressing on the root of the tongue) or cough reflex.
- Squat down and strain ("hen posture").
If you have an attack of tachycardia, then you need to lie on a flat surface face down and, without changing position, lie down for about 20-30 minutes.
If you need methods of how to reduce the pulse at normal pressure, you can perform the following actions:
- put the person on the floor (or another flat surface);
- free from tight clothing (scarf) neck and chest, to ensure free access of air;
- wet towel in cold water, apply to face;
- take deep breaths and hold your breath.
What popular methods will help reduce the pulse?
Alternative medicine methods are not suitable for emergency heart rate reduction. But with their help, you can adjust the work of the heart, which will reduce the likelihood of an attack of tachycardia. With an increased pulse, folk healers recommend the use of such compounds:
- brew green tea, cool slightly, pour a couple of spoons of milk and drink. This will help reduce the number of heartbeats and stabilize the pressure;
- honey. It should be consumed daily. When the pulse increases, massage the base of the 7th cervical vertebra using this beekeeping product as massage oil;
- decoction of wild rose. It will help strengthen the heart and normalize the pulse;
- black currant. Positive effect on heart rate;
- decoction of medicinal herbs - mint, valerian, motherwort, St. John's wort, oregano - consumed 30 minutes before meals;
- infusion of hawthorn fruit. Drink 20 drops 2 to 3 times a day;
- infusion of motherwort and calendula flowers. Take daily;
- healing tea, which includes lemon balm, valerian, hop cones and fennel seeds.
How to avoid meeting with tachycardia?
So that the heart does not remind itself of such a problem as tachycardia, sometimes it is enough to correct the lifestyle. How exactly?
- very often, shortness of breath, an increase in heart rate, weakness occur in sedentary people who prefer walking and playing sports, lying on the couch. To make the heart work like a clock, it is enough to walk in the fresh air every day and do exercises;
- getting rid of extra kilos means reducing the risk of tachycardia several times;
- Revise the menu - reduce the consumption of foods with cholesterol. The menu should not be fatty, fried foods. It is useful to limit the consumption of sweets, salt, eggs, butter, flour, smoked and canned foods. Spicy spices provoke the excitement of NA, which leads to an increase in pulse rate, therefore it is also worth being careful with them;
- it is better to abandon the strong brewed coffee and black tea;
- smoking, alcoholism are enemies of the heart. It is better to get rid of destructive addictions.
So that the tachycardia attack does not take you by surprise, remember a few methods of how to reduce the pulse at home quickly and effectively. But it is better that the matter does not reach situations where emergency assistance is needed. Therefore, if you find it difficult to control your emotions, it is recommended to drink sedatives. And remember: tachycardia can be a symptom of serious diseases, so it does not hurt to make a cardiogram and be examined.