For many, one of the most unloved analyzes is the coprogram, or the examination of feces. In this case, it does not matter who needs to collect the “material”, an adult or a child - you still have to tinker. Some will argue: what is there to say - poked at the bank, and you're done! But, it turns out, the question of how to pass an analysis of feces, has its subtleties.
Feces are useless for the body, so it is brought out. But it is very important as a biomaterial for laboratory research and diagnostics, as it can inform about the state of human health: the presence of tumors, disorders of the digestive organs and parasitic infections.
Technology collection: how to facilitate the process?
An adult, before emptying, should go for a small need. After that, thoroughly wash the crotch and anus area with soap and water and wipe dry. To defecate should be in a clean, clean dishes with wide edges. If it is not found, then you can use the old proven (and very convenient) method - on the toilet seat toilet, stretch the food film. After the "toilet cases" are done, it is enough just to collect a sample from the film.
If you have to take the feces from a child who goes to the pot, the technology is even easier. The main thing is that he first pee in another dish. Then you have to undermine the baby and seat him on the previously washed pot.
How to collect feces from a newborn?
It happens that even babies are prescribed feces research. The child is too small - you will not put him on the pot. Then how to pass an analysis of feces in infants? Some mothers and fathers of newborns make a mistake - they simply clean the portion of faeces from the child's diapers, put them in the first available container and keep them at home until the morning, until it can be taken to the clinic.
Other overly zealous parents spend "special training" - they put a hot-water bottle on an infant's tummy, give medicines to show it "to order". Nothing like this is worth doing. Just in the evening you need to wash the jar, dry and cover with a lid (no matchboxes!). Use a clean cloth diaper on the day you collect the test. With a clean spoon, collect excrement (not from the same “kaki”, but from different places) to make 2-5 g of feces. In the collected analysis should not contain extraneous inclusions.
Do it right! How to collect cal: general requirements
Few people wonder how to properly pass a stool analysis - and it is in vain! If you want the result to be reliable, then do not neglect such rules.
- "Material" must be obtained naturally - without the help of laxatives and enemas. It is undesirable to put an enema 2 days before the collection, and the reception of laxatives should be stopped for 1-2 days before the procedure. Why is it important? If you resort to such tricks, then the process of moving fecal masses through the intestines will be accelerated. This will lead to a violation of the usual composition of feces. Undigested food residues, fats and other components can get into them. Finding such elements, the laboratory assistant can make an erroneous diagnosis.
- The collected material should be delivered to the laboratory as soon as possible. Ideally, it should lie in the bank for no longer than 4-6 hours. But some are accustomed to walk "big" only in the evening (this is especially true for children). How to proceed? We must try to postpone the process of bowel movements in the morning. If this does not work, then you have to pass the latest portion of feces.
- Before taking the analysis, it is recommended to remove from the menu foods that can stain feces (beets, tomatoes), oily fish, meat.
- On the eve of collecting the sample, it is better to stop taking the medicine. This applies to drugs that can affect the color and characteristics of feces - activated carbon, Karsil, Bismuth, rectal suppositories. You should not go on a coprogram after performing a colonoscopy, x-ray with a contrast agent and other instrumental examinations.
- Women must wait until the end of their period. If time does not tolerate, it is necessary to use a swab to prevent fecal menstrual blood.
Helminths do not hide: an analysis of eggs worm
If a patient has suspected helminthic invasion, then the easiest (but not the most reliable) way to identify parasites is to analyze the feces for worms. How to take and what helminths will help detect this diagnosis? It can be used to establish that there has been an infection with ascaris, hookworm, and trichinella.
Feces should be collected in a sterile container. Buy a special container for analysis conveniently in a pharmacy. But you can use the old proven method - boil a glass jar and tightly close it with a lid. Capacity should be filled to 1/3. In order to increase the probability of detecting parasites, one should put in the jar the feces not from a single fragment, but from different “pieces”.
You will have to pass the analysis about 3 times in a row, because it is unlikely that you will be able to “catch” the worms from the first attempt. Biomaterial is supposed to be still warm.
ANDthe blood that is not visible to the naked eye
A common and important examination, which is carried out in case of suspicion of serious pathologies of internal organs, is the detection of hidden blood in waste. There are several important points that are better to know before taking a stool test for occult blood. For the correctness of the result it is necessary to follow these rules:
- 3-4 days before collecting feces, adjust your menu, excluding from it any foods that contain iron (sweet peppers, apples), as well as meat and by-products;
- do not perform therapeutic and diagnostic manipulations that may contribute to the presence of blood in the stools;
- on the day of preparation of the material do not brush your teeth, do not eat black bread;
- Do not clean the intestines with enema and do not use rectal suppositories.
How to investigate the intestinal microflora?
It is very simple to do this - it is enough to pass feces for analysis. This will provide a complete picture of what microbes have settled in the intestines. It is known that it is a "battleground" between beneficial and pathogenic microorganisms. If the number of the first is too low, then the splitting and assimilation of nutrients will be broken, which will be a sign of dysbiosis.
But how to pass an analysis of feces for dysbacteriosis, so as not to doubt the veracity of the diagnosis? Preparations for the collection of standard: a few days before such events should not drink laxatives, antibiotics. No rectal suppositories or enemas. Feces should be placed in sterile dishes.
How and how much to store it? The material collected for analysis of dysbacteriosis, it is undesirable to store longer than 3 hours. The general analysis is allowed to be collected in the evening, packed in a pharmacy container (sterile) and left on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator until morning. You can not freeze the feces! It is bad if its storage time exceeds 12 hours.
Now you probably will not have the question of how to pass feces for analysis correctly. Make a little effort, take care of hygiene - and there will be no problems. And if you still fail to collect the sample from the first time, do not be discouraged and do not sit for several hours on the toilet. Set aside these things for tomorrow and do it right.