Urine analysis carries a lot of valuable information about the state of our health. Here everything is important: color, smell, density, transparency, chemical composition. But it is equally important how you prepared and collected this liquid: starting from the time of the collection day eaten and drunk before it and ending with the dishes in which you hand over the biomaterial. And if you want to get objective information according to the results of the research, which corresponds to the real state of health, then you need to remember how to pass the analysis of the general wisdom correctly, that is, treat this event with all seriousness.
How to pass a complete urinalysis?
Clinical analysis is a laboratory study of medical indicators of urine and microscopic study of its sediment. This is one of the simplest studies that does not require long time expenditures and allows to sufficiently obtain information about the state of human health, to clarify the diagnosis, or to make an assessment of the results of the treatment course, or to adjust the patient's appointments.
Preparation for urine collection is to comply with the following recommendations:
- the day before the collection can not eat anything salty and sour;
- exclude alcohol;
- exclude products that affect urine discoloration;
- it is undesirable to collect material for analysis with monthly;
- wash the skin of the genital organs and the perineum before using urine without using soap;
- Purchase a sterile plastic container for collecting biomaterial at the pharmacy in advance.
How to collect urine?
How to collect urine for general analysis? Everything is quite simple, the main thing is to adhere to certain requirements, and then you are guaranteed to correctly collect urine for analysis and get a reliable and objective result of the study:
- For clinical research, only morning urine is used. This is due to the fact that it is collected throughout the night (long period).
- The first two seconds of urination you need to urinate in the toilet, then, without interruption, in the prepared container, filling it from 50 to 100 ml.
- Tighten the cup lid tightly, eliminating leakage.
Peculiarities of passing urine analysis according to Nechiporenko
In addition to the general urinalysis, other specific methods of research are used. So, one of the ways is urine testing according to Nechyporenko. Its specificity lies in a narrower specialization, and the purpose of such an examination is to confirm or exclude the presence of a patient's renal pathology, identified as a result of a general urinalysis.
Unlike clinical analysis, the Nechiporenko method provides only microscopy of sediment, the results of which reveal the quantitative content of red and white blood cells, as well as protein cylindrical inclusions in one milliliter of the biomaterial.
How to pass a urine test according to Nechyporenko? It is necessary to understand that the clinical analysis and the method according to Nechyporenko are different studies, so they are not done in one day from a common container, therefore, the urine should be collected at different times and capacities.
As already mentioned, the Nechiporenko method allows us to make a conclusion about the health of the kidneys, which means that preparation for the analysis should be serious:
- the day before, the day before urine collection, it is necessary to avoid muscular loads, psycho-emotional outbursts and nervous overstrain, that is, the body needs relative rest;
- during the day you can not eat fatty, fried, spicy foods, as well as products that can change the color of urine;
- in the period of menstruation or after urethroscopy, it is better to transfer catheterization;
- morning urine is collected, but only that which is released in the middle of the process, a sufficient amount of material for analysis is 25 ml.
What urine indicators are evaluated during the study?
On the basis of a general urine test, dysfunction of the endocrine glands, complications in urology, diseases of the cardiovascular system, renal or hepatic insufficiency is diagnosed. The diagnosis is made according to the results of laboratory evaluation:
- physical indicators - color, smell, transparency, density;
- the content of chemical elements - acid-base balance, proteins, glucose, ketone bodies;
- sediment urine samples after processing in a centrifuge.
Interpretation of results: the norm in adults (table)
After passing the urine for analysis, you expect it to be finalized, and give you a cipher cry, which is unlikely to be understood without the help of a specialist. As they say, you need to study for this for 20 years. But we will try to shorten the period of training and give the key to deciphering the general urine analysis and rates in adults in the table.
|Urine indicator||Name of the indicator||Normal level for an adult|
|bil||bilirubin||there is none|
|bld||white blood bodies||from 1 to 3|
|leu||red blood bodies||from 3 to 6|
|uro||urobilinogen, mg / l||from 5 to 10|
|pro||proteins, g / l||not available or up to 0.03|
|pH||acidity||from 5 to 6|
|ket||ketones||there is none|
|nit||nitrous acid salts||there is none|
|glu||glycosuria||there is none|
|color||urine tint||from straw to light yellow|
We hope we were able to convince you that passing a urine test is a serious event. It is better to do it once correctly, than to pass many other tests, to spend your precious time on empty trips to hospitals and doctors in search of a non-existent diagnosis.
And most importantly, an incorrect analysis can cause an incorrect diagnosis or a disease that is not identified in a timely manner. Be attentive to your health!