All women love perfume and toilet water. But it is not always possible to find exactly the flavor that would fit perfectly. There is an exit! Perfume can be made with your own hands at home. You do not need any hard-to-reach components and special skills.
What you need to make perfumes at home?
- Vodka. Consider that vodka should be of sufficient quality and expensive. Best of all, if you take the most expensive vodka in the nearest supermarket.
- Distilled water or key. You should not use water from the tap when you make perfumes. Water alone can ruin future perfumes.
- Opaque bottles. In them you will keep the finished perfume. Of course, you can store them in transparent bottles, but in them they deteriorate faster.
- Notebook and pencil. In a notebook, you will make the necessary notes regarding the composition of your perfume, record the course of the experiment, mixing smells in search of "your" flavor.
- Pipette They will need to collect essential oils. Without pipettes, it is very difficult to measure one or two drops of essential oil.
- Paper strips. On each strip you will need to put one drop of essential oil (on each strip its own).
- Natural coffe. You will smell it from time to time, as a large number of smells will mix, and you will no longer feel this or that fragrance.
- Essential oils. Any and in any quantities. Just keep in mind, if you want to get a rich perfume, the percentage of essential oil in them must be at least thirty percent. In softer perfumes, the percentage of essential oils will be about ten percent.
How to choose an essential oil for perfumes?
Any fragrance consists of three components: the base, the head and the heart. The best ratio of these components is 3: 1: 2.
- Essential oils that are recommended to be used as the “head” of the fragrance: verbena essential oil, bergamot oil, lemon grass oil, tangerine oil, limemet, peppermint essential oil, orange oil, lemon oil.
- Essential oils that are recommended for use as a “heart” of aroma: toffee oil, geranium essential oil, jasmine essential oil, lavender oil, chamomile oil, mimosa essential oil, lemon balm essential oil, myrtle oil, neroli oil, essential oil tuberoses and roses, oil of hyssop and ylang-ylang.
- Essential oils that are recommended for use as a “base” of the aroma: galbanum, benzoic, honey essential oil, clove oil, musk oil, patchouli essential oil, sandalwood and rosewood oil, vetiver, styrax, incense oil, juniper oil, cinnamon, cedar , cypress, vanilla.
It is very important in what order to add and mix oils. Depending on one or another combination, the flavor will be different.
Do not forget to make notes in a notebook what and in what sequence you mixed. If you like the scent, you can always look at the notes and make perfumes at home again.
Most likely, you prefer any one style of perfume. Perhaps it smells of freshness, and maybe floral aromas.
- If you want to make perfumes with a floral scent at home, take the essential oils of jasmine, geranium, roses, neroli, violets, roses and ylang-ylang.
- If you want to make a homemade perfume with a fruit aroma, take the essential oils of grapefruit, bergamot. Lemongrass, lemon, mandarin, lime or orange.
- If you want to make herbal aroma perfumes at home, use the essential oils of basil, angelica, chamomile, lavender, clary sage, rosemary or peppermint.
- If you want to make at home a perfume with a sea scent, for this you will need sea salt.
- If you want to make homemade perfumes with a spicy aroma, take cardamom, black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, coriander, nutmeg or juniper.
- If you want to make homemade perfume with a woody scent, take the essential oil of cedar, acacia, pine, cypress or sandalwood.
- If you want to make homemade perfume with a tart flavor, take the essential oils of sandalwood or cedar.
The most compatible options for combining essential oils:
- Lavender essential oil is combined with all other essential oils, except rosemary essential oil.
- Citrus essential oils go well with juniper essential oil.
- To soften the strong aroma of peppermint, you can add rosemary or lavender essential oil to the perfume (one thing!).
- Perfume with the following essential oils has an excellent aroma: iris, jasmine, ylang-ylang, chamomile, lavender and rose.
How to make perfumes at home?
The technology of making perfumes with his own hands is very simple.
Take 71 ml of 57% vodka (for accuracy, you can use a medical syringe), add the required amount of the selected essential oil to the vodka, and start slowly stirring the ingredients. It is necessary to interfere for a long time, until the oil is completely dissolved. Set aside the mixture to infuse in a dark place for two days.
After this time, add 2 tbsp to the liquid. water, again thoroughly mix and insist for two more days. If you gain patience and insist on perfume for one to two months, you will get persistent perfume. Strain the perfume through a coffee filter and they are ready! If the smell of perfume turned out too strong and sharp, you can add a little more water.
How to make toilet water at home?
The procedures are the same, the composition is slightly changed. You will need 100 ml. vodka and 10-15 drops of essential oil. In addition, you can add five drops of glycerin to the perfume so that the smell is preserved for a longer time.
Homemade spirits recipes
- Male fragrance. You will need two drops of the essential oil of sandalwood, juniper, vetiver, lavender, lemon and bergamot.
- Summer flavor. To create a summer aroma, you will need two drops of essential oils of neroli, bergamot and lemon balm, four drops of lemon oil and rose oil. In addition, 25 ml. 90% alcohol.
- Night fragrance. You will need five drops of musk and sandalwood oil and three drops of incense and jojoba oil. Insist should be within fifteen hours.
- Flower scent. You will need 12 drops of lemon essential oil, 5 drops of rose oil, 30 drops of rosemary oil, 2 drops of mint and sage oil, five drops of neroli oil and 50 ml. alcohol.
- Aroma "Aphrodite". You will need 3 drops of rosewood and ylang-ylang essential oil, 4 drops of grapefruit oil, 2 drops of geranium oil and rosemary oil, and 1 drop of Japanese mint oil. 10 ml should be used as a base for perfumes. sweet almond oil.
- Light, slightly harsh aroma. You will need 5 drops of myrtle and frankincense essential oil, 3 drops of orange and Lilitt oil, and 1 drop of peppermint essential oil.
- Sporty women's fragrance. 2 drops of cypress essential oil, 5 drops of sandalwood oil, 3 drops of nutmeg sage, 3 drops of bergamot oil, 3 drops of myrtle and 1 drop of peppermint oil.
- Erotic fragrance. 3 drops of patchouli essential oil, 3 drops of ylang-ylang oil, 3 drops of jasmine oil, 3 drops of verbena oil, 8 drops of sandalwood oil, and 1 drop of rose oil. You can read more about aphrodisiac essential oils in the article Essential Oils for Attracting Love.
- Aroma to attract money. 7 drops of patchouli essential oil, 5 drops of cedar oil and 5 ml of sweet almond oil.
- Fragrance to attract good luck. 2 drops of rose oil, 2 drops of neroli oil, 5 drops of limemet, 3 drops of sage oil.
- Aroma for the development of communication skills. 4 drops of lemon oil, 3 drops of nutmeg oil, 2 drops of ylang-ylang and bergamot each.
Having made perfumes at home, you will receive an exclusive version of perfumes that no one else will have. And, perhaps, you will find out the composition of your favorite perfume and try to repeat the fragrance.
Good luck in your creative experiments!