People who suffer from diabetes for quite a long period of time, are well aware that to normalize the concentration of sugar you need to perform a whole range of measures. But less experienced patients are looking for ways to lower blood sugar quickly and effectively at home.
Sweet life, or why sugar rises?
Very often in the global network, and in the philistine conversations, we hear the question of how to lower blood sugar at home in one day. Before you get an exhaustive answer, you need to determine the reason for the increased sugar, as well as its normal concentration.
It has already been said that people suffering from such a disease as diabetes know which methods will help them to normalize their blood sugar. They received this knowledge for years and are constantly under the control of the attending specialist.
But questions about the rapid and effective reduction of sugar are most often asked by people who, according to the results of analyzes, revealed a slight increase. Various reasons may contribute to this, in particular:
- genetic predisposition;
- violation of psycho-emotional state;
- experiencing a stressful situation;
- development of infectious processes in the body;
- excessive consumption of carbohydrate foods;
- frequent overeating
A normal level of sugar is considered to be an indicator ranging from 3.3 to 5.5 units. Measured sugar in mmol / l. This value is determined by the blood that is taken from the finger. But in laboratory studies of blood sugar concentration will be slightly higher, namely, from 3.5 to 6.1 units. If the mark exceeds the indicator of 6.1, then we are talking about an increased sugar content, which requires immediate therapeutic correction.
As you already understood, it is impossible to normalize the concentration of sugar in the blood instantly by taking one pill. In order to protect yourself from diabetes, especially for people who often watch sugar jumps, you need to follow a set of rules. First of all, you should begin, of course, with the correction of the daily diet.
So, the increase in sugar can be promoted by the use of food, the glycemic index of which exceeds 50 units. These products include all confectionery products, fatty sorts of meat fillets, excessively sweet fruits, baking. If you do not want to get into the risk zone, then the products listed above have no place in your refrigerator.
No more than three times a week, specialized doctors recommend eating the following products:
- beef fillet;
- Red wine.
Finally, fish, legumes, cream, durum cheese, chicken fillet, low-fat yogurt, and figs have the lowest glycemic index. These products should be the basis of your daily diet. Of course, they do not need to be abused either, and each dish should be introduced into the diet moderately and without much fanaticism.
Specialized doctors recommend abandoning coffee and loving chicory. This drink should cheer you up in the morning. It is imperative that you need to maintain a normal water balance daily, which is why 2-2.5 liters of water is a necessary norm, and not a whim of doctors.
Phytomedication on guard of our health
Many people who suffer from hyperglycemia, can lower blood sugar by folk remedies. We will talk about this now, but first I would like to say a few words about medication preparations. Today, pharmacological companies offer a wide assortment of sugar-reducing pharmaceutical substances. Remember that you can take them only after the diagnosis and appointment of the attending specialist. Otherwise, you can harm yourself.
Each of the drugs somehow affects the human body. Only a profile doctor can correctly calculate the daily dosage in accordance with the physiological characteristics, weight category, age and severity of the patient's illness. This is especially true for preparations containing insulin.
Before we look at a few recipes for traditional medicine, let's pay attention to a number of aspects that should be followed when lowering blood sugar:
- medication can be taken only by prescription of a specialized doctor and in the indicated dosage;
- all the traditional medicine that you plan to take should be coordinated with your healthcare professional;
- for the preparation of herbal remedies, choose high-quality and selected raw materials;
- traditional medicine will help only with a slight degree of hyperglycemia;
- If numbness, fainting or a sharp feeling of hunger appear, you should immediately stop taking any drugs.
The symptoms mentioned in the last paragraph will indicate a sharp decrease in sugar concentration, which can lead to coma. In this case, an ambulance crew should be urgently called, since sugar can be normalized only by subcutaneous administration of an insulin injection.
So, remember the main rule: you coordinate any actions to normalize sugar with your doctor. Self-medication is not the best way to get rid of hyperglycemia.
Recipe number 1
Some people manage to cope with minor hyperglycemia, using the well-known seasoning - laurel leaf. To lower blood sugar quickly with bay leaf, you need to make the right decoction.
- 8-10 pcs. laurel leaves;
- boiling water - 0.2 l.
Preparation and use:
- Laurel leaf lay out in thick-walled dishes, better thermos, and pour boiling water.
- Within 24 hours insist decoction.
- Every day take a warm mixture of ¼ Art. half an hour before meals.
- The marginal rate per day is not more than 1 tbsp.
- The duration of treatment with laurel leaves varies from 3 to 6 days.
Recipe number 2
To reduce glucose and cope with hyperglycemia will help you infusion of oats. For cooking broth, you can also use oat stalks.
- ½ tbsp. oats;
- filtered water - 0.6 l.
Preparation and use:
- Fill the oats with filtered water and set on moderate heat.
- For 15 minutes, boil the mixture, and then infuse for about 1 hour.
- Strained decoction taken before each main meal ½ tbsp.
- The duration of treatment is not more than 30 days.
Recipe number 3
Many people use normal chicken eggs and freshly squeezed lemon juice to restore normal blood sugar levels. When treating with this remedy, you need to follow a certain pattern. For three days we take such an unusual cocktail on an empty stomach, and then we take a ten-day break. If necessary, repeat the procedure. By the way, you can have breakfast after such a cocktail in about 60 minutes.
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon;
- chicken egg - 1 pc.
Preparation and use:
- Mix both ingredients to form a homogeneous consistency.
- We drink on an empty stomach, and after one hour we have breakfast.
- It is advisable to cook each serving immediately before use.
Despite the fact that modern herbal medicine offers many ways to lower blood sugar, it is better to entrust your health to professional doctors. Many doctors welcome a comprehensive treatment that combines herbal remedies and medication. But the unbalanced and uncontrolled reception of funds, the action of which is aimed at lowering sugar, can lead to complicated consequences, including coma. Be healthy!