The human body is a very complex and multifunctional mechanism. Just imagine how many different beneficial bacteria and microorganisms are contained within us. But often, pathogenic microbes enter the body, which provoke not only the emergence of discomfort, but also serious diseases. The most common pathological microorganisms are worms. There are a huge number of them: roundworms, pinworms, Giardia, etc. Many people are embarrassed to tell the attending specialist about this problem and try to eliminate the parasites on their own. How to get rid of worms at home, it will be discussed in this article.
Signs of worms
The appearance of worms may be due to various reasons. Most often, this disease affects children, especially pre-school children. Signs of the presence of helminths in the body appear only after the beginning of their vigorous activity and reproduction. Depending on the type of parasites and the place of their localization, various symptoms appear.
Generally speaking, the presence of worms in the children's body is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- specific itching in the anus;
- the presence of worms in the fecal masses;
- peeling of the eyelids;
- the manifestation of allergic reactions on the skin, accompanied by itching;
- frequent colds due to weakened immunity;
- copious saliva;
- brittle nails;
- inhibited reaction to what is happening.
In adults, if there are worms in the body, similar symptoms may occur. In addition to the reproduction of worms in an adult organism, the following signs will indicate:
- involuntary clenching of the teeth before the release of a creaking sound due to a disorder in the nervous system
- increasing the temperature threshold to 37.5 °;
- muscle pain;
- swelling of the skin;
- manifestation of an allergic reaction;
- the appearance of cough with sputum;
- violation of the digestive tract (diarrhea, constipation);
- weight loss;
- lack of appetite;
- enlarged spleen;
- diuretic disorders.
When the first symptoms, especially itching in the anus, appear, you should immediately contact your doctor. After you have completed a full-scale examination and the completion of all tests, the infectious disease physician will be able to determine the cause of the appearance of the worms, as well as determine their type, which will allow him to prescribe a complete and comprehensive treatment course. Treatment of worms must be approached with extreme caution, since some of their forms can provoke the development of serious diseases of the urinary system.
Worms: how to get rid at home for children and adults?
As practice shows, to get rid of worms, people use two main methods of treatment:
- means of traditional medicine.
As already mentioned, self-administered pharmacological agents are not recommended. It is best to pass an examination and determine the type of worms. Depending on the disease, you may need a drug with one or another active ingredient. Independently choose the optimal pharmaceutical agent is impossible.
During oral administration of pharmacological agents, the active substances act not only on the worms, but also on the deposited larvae. It is best to do an enema after the treatment course in order to remove the remaining larvae. Some experts advise to repeat the treatment course to rule out the possibility of relapse.
Most often in our region the human body affects roundworms and pinworms. In the pharmaceutical arsenal there are several antihelminthic drugs that will perfectly cope with the disease, in particular:
- Helmintox and others
As you can see, the above list cannot be called exhaustive, since there are a couple of dozen more anthelmintic drugs that are prescribed in accordance with the type of parasites detected in the body. In the case of worsening of helminthic diseases, saline, hemodesis and glucose infusions may be included in the treatment course. Depending on the severity of the disease, the treatment of helminthiasis can be carried out using injections of calcium chloride, vitamins of group B, analgin, anthelmintic drugs and diphenhydramine.
If the presence of worms in the body has provoked the development of heart failure, the attending specialists prescribe Korglikon and Cocarboxylase. To remove the swelling should take diuretics, for example, Furosemide.
Remember that self-medication can lead to the onset of complicated consequences, therefore, when the first symptoms manifest, it is best to turn to the attending specialist and under his careful control to undergo a therapeutic course.
How to cure worms with traditional medicine?
Herbalists advise in addition to pharmacological drugs in the treatment of worms to use the means of traditional medicine. Currently, there are a huge number of medicinal herbs that can be safely applied in treatment. But how not to calculate the proportions, to prepare broths and undergo treatment, not every one of us knows. Let's look at a few recipes for the most effective means of traditional medicine used in the fight against worms.
Recipe number 1
In the fight against worms unprecedented popularity gained pumpkin seeds. It is believed that pumpkin seeds help eliminate worms and larvae, as well as remove them from the body.
- pumpkin seeds - 100 g;
- liquid honey - 2 tbsp. l .;
- water - 100 g
Preparation and use:
- Peeled pumpkin seeds need to grind to a mushy state.
- In the resulting slurry, add honey and filtered or boiled water. All components need to mix well.
- Take this tool should be on an empty stomach: within three hours with an interval of 1 hour, you must take 1 tbsp. l
- After 3 hours you need to use a laxative pharmacological agent.
- After another 2 hours is recommended to put a cleansing enema.
Recipe number 2
Even our grandmothers said that garlic helps to cope with many ailments. Here and in the fight against worms, garlic has found its application.
- garlic cloves - 5 pcs .;
- milk - 1 tbsp.
Preparation and use:
- Garlic cloves should be peeled and minced. You can use a special press or grater.
- Ready garlic mixture must be poured with milk and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- After cooking, the mixture should be set aside from the stove and let it brew for 1-1.5 hours.
- Take garlic decoction can be 1 tbsp. four times a day. The treatment course should last 1 week.
- Also, milk and garlic decoction is allowed to use for enemas. Enemas should be put on the night for 7 days.
Unfortunately, none of us are immune from the ingestion of worms. But you can still protect yourself, if you observe some preventive measures, in particular:
- lead a healthy lifestyle;
- maintain personal hygiene;
- use only personal hygiene products (towels, toothbrush, washcloth, etc.);
- subject fish and meat to thorough heat treatment;
- wash hands regularly;
- eat only washed vegetables and fruits;
- do not eat raw fish and caviar;
- take anthelmintic drugs twice a year;
- Time to vaccinate their four-legged pets, as well as treat them for worms and fleas;
- carry out wet cleaning in the house.
As you can see, prevention measures are very simple. If you follow them, then the ingress of worms in the body can not be faced. If any symptoms occur, it is best to contact the attending specialist and undergo a full-scale examination. As practice shows, it is necessary to get rid not only of worms and larvae, but also of the reason for their appearance. Balance your diet, carefully process meat and fish products. Be healthy!