Those who have never had teeth, will not understand our overwhelming desire to immediately get rid of this nightmare. Toothache is omnipresent. The tooth hurts when you laugh, although there are smiles here, frowning, eating or drinking, the pain comes from even a simple movement of the head. Sometimes normal breathing causes terrible, piercing pain. Of course, only a dentist will help in this situation. But you still need to get to it, but it is simply impossible to endure the pain. How to get rid of toothache quickly, at least while on the way to the dentist?
How to get rid of a toothache at home?
The nature of toothache is diverse. It may be an infection that causes inflammation of the pulp or gums, or a crack in the tooth enamel or its thinning, decaying root, caries, periodontitis, periodontitis, or simply hypersensitivity. A wide range of possible causes of toothache suggests different approaches to treatment.
Traditionally, we will start with medicines from the first-aid kit:
- Aspirin will help relieve pain if taken orally as needed, but not more often than four hours later. Despite the recommendations of the healers, do not attach it to the affected area, because such treatment will lead to aspirin burns.
- Ibuprofen for toothache is better than aspirin, because it has a sparing effect on the stomach. It is an anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal drug of analgesic action. Is taken orally up to three times a day, the daily rate of the drug should not exceed 3200 mg. Ibuprofen is indicated during pregnancy.
- Analgin relieve you from not very strong pain. To start, take half a pill, if it does not become easier, after half an hour, drink the rest. The daily rate should not exceed four tablets. Acceptance of analgin is contraindicated in pregnant women.
- Toothache lidocaine is most often used by applying a cotton wool moistened with a preparation to a sore spot. Also produced lidocaine in the form of a gel or spray. The duration of the drug is up to one and a half hours. The advantage of lidocaine over pills is that it has an effect on the local area, and not on the whole organism. With self-administration, you should only remember that this drug can cause an allergic reaction.
- Dental drops are one of the most popular medicines of a local nature today. Their action is based on the soothing properties of valerian. Apply 10-20 drops to a fleece and apply to the source of the pain. The frequency of the procedures is unlimited.
- A toothbrush with soft bristles and toothpastes such as "Parodontol" and "Promis" will help to deal with the problem of tooth sensitivity.
How to quickly relieve toothache folk methods?
For those who do not want to drink medicine, there are several methods of traditional medicine that will help relieve toothache. They differ sparing and local effects. These include:-
- Simple water. Rinse your mouth well with warm water equal to your body temperature. If the problem is caused by leftover food stuck in the teeth, then this is quite an effective way.
- Salty water. Dissolve a teaspoon of salt or baking soda in a glass of warm water, take it in your mouth and hold it for a while, then rinse and spit.
- Rinse herbal infusions based on plants such as sage, oregano, calendula, oak bark. Five to six grams of leaves of medicinal herbs pour boiling water (200-250 ml), let it brew. After filtering rinse your mouth with warm infusion.
- As with bruises and bruises, ice helps in the case of a bad tooth. Putting it on the outside of the cheek to the sore spot for 10-15 minutes several times a day, you will achieve an anesthetic effect of freezing.
- A unique product of beekeeping is propolis. Enough small piece attached to the sore gum to feel a quick relief. You can also rinse your mouth. To do this, 3 ml of alcoholic infusion propolisadovodit in 250 ml of warm water and stir - the mixture for rinsing is ready.
- Anesthetic "injection". Type in the mouth of vodka and hold some time over the sore spot. Alcohol is absorbed into the gum tissue and the numbing tooth becomes numb. Then vodka need to spit.
Other Pain Relief Techniques
In addition to pharmacological and folk remedies, there are also many other methods to relieve toothache quickly. Let's take a closer look at them:
- Try to massage your ear, especially its lobe, from the side where the tooth aches. Such a procedure lasting fifteen minutes will help relieve discomfort.
- Hand massage using ice. On the hand, opposite the place of pain, in the area where the lines intersect, continuing the thumb and forefinger, press down the ice with weak shocks. Ten minutes will be enough. This massage helps to relieve toothache by 90%.
- Weep. In this situation, crying interests us not as an emotion, but from a purely physiological point of view. During crying, the pressure in the gums decreases and thus the pain syndrome is dulled.
- Take a break. This is already at the level of psychology: try to drown out the pain, switching your attention to opposite emotions - laughter, a favorite thing that can absorb you with your head.
- Priced. This, of course, is not a tablet of dipyrone, but scientists insist on the effectiveness of this method of eliminating pain. At the same time and physical exercise do.
Whatever measures you take to relieve a toothache, it is important to understand one thing, that they are all temporary. And after some relief, the pain will return again, and the next time it can be much stronger. That is why you need to contact your dentist and eliminate the cause of pain. Be healthy!