It is difficult to imagine our life without the obligatory hygienic procedures: washing, brushing your teeth, visiting the shower. But not many people know that the nose also needs hygiene, which prevents infection or helps to speed recovery to those who are already sick. Everyone should know how to flush their nose at home.
Nose rinsing is a procedure by which you can:
- wash off dirt and other substances from the mucous membrane, preventing an allergic reaction;
- prevent the occurrence of rhinitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis;
- refresh and ease breathing;
- get rid of a cold, a nasopharynx and respiratory diseases.
Cooking healing liquid
Even if you rinse your nose at home correctly, as advised by the doctor, but using contaminated water or too concentrated solutions of various substances can damage your health. Therefore, you should choose one of the options and do the washing in accordance with the task:
- for cleansing - with warm boiled water or non-carbonated mineral water;
- to improve blood circulation and disinfection - with salt water (1 tsp. of salt per 0.5 l of water);
- to enhance the antibacterial action - disinfecting mixture (in 1 tbsp of water put ½ tsp. of soda and salt);
- for strengthening local immunity - with sea water (1 tsp. of sea salt for 2 tbsp. of water);
- for the prevention of inflammatory processes - infusions of oak bark, chamomile, celandine, St. John's wort, sage, tea;
- for the treatment of sinusitis and other diseases - furatsilinom or finished product, which is prepared on the basis of purified sea water (the best of them - Aqua Maris, Marimer, Humer).
Ways to clean the treatment
І variant "Traditional"
This method is suitable for daily prophylactic cleansing of the sinuses, which has long been practiced in eastern countries.
- Purchase a special vessel for rinsing the nose or find a teapot at home or a bottle with a narrow nose and a long narrow neck.
- Disinfect the vessel, pouring boiling water over it, wait until it dries, and fill it with heated liquid.
- Bend over the sink, open your mouth, turn so that one nostril is higher than the second.
- In the nostril, which is raised by 4-5 mm, enter the tip of the nozzle of the vessel and pour the liquid - it will come out through the opening of the second nostril.
- Pouring 1 tbsp. solution, turn the head so that the other nostril was higher, and repeat the action.
- After completing the procedure, blow your nose, so that no fluid remains in your sinuses.
Option 2 "Deep cleansing"
Such a lavage will ensure thorough cleansing of the nasopharynx, which is necessary for frequent tonsillitis, formation of abscesses on the tonsils and other infectious diseases.
- Disinfect and fill the vessel with the selected solution or water.
- Throw back your head, open your mouth and stick out your tongue slightly so that the liquid does not get into the respiratory tract.
- Through the spout of the vessel pour a little liquid into one nostril.
- We lean down and pour the liquid, which will be in the mouth, in the sink.
- In this way, wash both nostrils several times.
- Blow your nose well.
The third option "Gentle"
The simplicity and the complete absence of unpleasant sensations make this method quite popular. But do not forget that it is the least effective.
- Connect your palms and fill them with water.
- Inject fluid with the nostrils.
- Drain water through nasal openings or mouth.
If you need to rinse your nose with sinus at home, it is best to carry out the procedure, following the instructions of option I or option 2, using not plain water for washing, but sea water or - best of all - furatsilina solution, infusions of medicinal plants.
In order to properly wash the nose of the child at home, it is better to take the traditional method as the basis for action - to explain to the child how to bend and introduce liquid with the help of a teapot alternately into both nostrils. In case of failure, apply a gentle method. If it is too difficult for the baby to draw water with the nose, you will have to resort to the most ineffective type of washing:
- Lay the child on his back and tilt his head back.
- Using a pipette, drip 4-5 drops of water or solution into each nostril.
- Plant the child so that it can swallow or spit out the liquid.
- You can repeat the washing 2-3 times in a row.
Nose flushing is helpful, but not always
Often, people try using a nasopharyngeal washing procedure to cure a runny nose that has arisen with acute respiratory infections or an acute respiratory viral infection. Of course, the introduction of antibacterial solutions into the inflamed nasal sinuses is an integral part of the treatment. But before the procedure:
- you need to blow your nose and make sure that nasal breathing, though difficult, is not completely absent. Otherwise, the liquid along with harmful bacteria may not come out, but into the middle ear;
- if it is impossible to breathe through the nose, 10 minutes before rinsing, drop the vasoconstrictor drops;
- Be sure to heat the healing solution.
In addition to rhinitis, nasal breathing is also affected by other, more serious, diseases. Do not flush your nose if a person has:
- curved nasal septum;
- polyps in the nose;
- malignant or benign tumors in the nasopharynx.
In such cases, urgent surgical care is required, and only after the operation, the doctor may prescribe washing.
In addition, this procedure is unacceptable with frequent bleeding from the nose (you can damage the blood vessels and capillaries) and severe swelling of the nasopharynx.
Usually, how to wash the nose at home, people who are suffering from certain diseases are interested. Indeed, by resorting to this procedure, it is possible to destroy the pathogens of the disease and improve the condition of the patient. But do not forget that such washing can be arranged daily for those who feel good. The goal in this case is to prevent various infections and allergens from entering the body through the nasal mucosa and strengthen local immunity.