People who love persimmon, know that during its use there is an astringent taste in the mouth. Why does persimmon knit and how to fix it? Before finding out why the persimmon knits, it is worth noting that such properties appear only in unripe fruits. In mature they disappear. That is why the variety of the blood orange persimmon is very much appreciated. She is initially sweeter.
Why knit persimmon? The fact is that in the immature fruit there are special substances - tannins. They, or in another way, tannic acid, are responsible for the specific taste of unripe fruits.
It begins to manifest itself when tannins affect our taste organs (mucous membranes and everything that contains a protein structure) when protein coagulation occurs. It is their coagulation that gives the unpleasant astringent sensation in the mouth.
Tannins also affect the vessels, causing them to narrow. Glands begin to reduce the release of substances. A slight numbness occurs, it is considered a kind of natural anesthesia.
Persimmon knits: what to do?
Fruit ripening can be accelerated by several artificial methods.
- If you bought an unripe, astringent persimmon, let it soak for about a week. During this time, it will ripen and lose a significant part of its harmful properties.
- Put the astringent persimmon in the freezer for about 12 hours. After you defrost it, the flesh will lose its particular taste. Unfortunately, frozen fruits become soft and not so tasty.
- If at once in several places you pierce the persimmon with a knife, and then pour hot water (but not boiling water!) For 12 hours, this will dramatically reduce the presence of tannins. In addition, it will not be as soft as after its freezing.
- About a day, put the persimmon in a plastic bag with yellow bananas. How many persimmons do you have, put so many bananas. Fruits ripen quickly and lose astringent taste, but retain all the beneficial properties.
Persimmon Dishes: Recipes
Soft persimmon and banana ice cream
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 tsp.
- Mint Leaves (for decoration)
- Ground cinnamon
- Bananas - 1 pc.
- Persimmon - 4 pcs.
- Banana peel and cut into small pieces. Put in the freezer for 3 hours. Wash the persimmon and dry with a paper towel.
- Cut off exactly the top of the persimmon together with the stalk, then gently scrape the flesh with a teaspoon. Persimmon fruit pulp and frozen banana are put into a container, add lemon juice. Whisk everything with a blender until smooth. Fill cups made of persimmon with ice cream, lightly sprinkle it with cinnamon and garnish with leaves of fresh mint.
- Persimmon - 4 pcs.
- Sour cream - 6 tbsp. l
- Granulated sugar - 125 g
- Eggs - 3 pcs.
- Flour - 175 g
- Soda or baking powder - 1 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon - 1/2 tsp.
- Creamy soft butter - 2 tbsp. l
- Nuts (any) - 100 g
- Wash the persimmon, separate the stalk, select the bones (if any) and whisk with a blender until smooth.
- In the puree, add sour cream, sugar, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, soft butter, crushed nuts and flour. Whisk everything.
- Grease the form with butter or vegetable oil, odorless, pour the dough into it and put in a preheated 200 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Cool the finished cake, cut into pieces, if desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Why can not eat a lot of persimmon?
The harm from persimmon is just the same and is associated with its astringent properties.
Despite the fact that tannins - tannins contained in immature fruits, have anti-inflammatory properties, they can also cause the body and harm. This is expressed in the fact that the tongue becomes slightly numb from persimmon, the glands of the gastrointestinal tract begin to work worse, and the peristalsis weakens.
Persimmon can not be eaten by people suffering from chronic gastritis with high acidity.
It is also contraindicated for those who have an imbalance of bacteria in the intestine. Due to the use of persimmon in large quantities can cause constipation.
Persimmon is contraindicated for children for the reason that their gastrointestinal tract is too weak, and when tannin and tannins are in the stomach, indigestion and severe abdominal pain appear.
One fruit of sweet persimmon per day can be given to children.
Many people like persimmon: both adults and children. This fruit is useful, but its use has some peculiarities. Because of the high content of tannins in the pulp of the fruit, it sometimes knits. You can get rid of this using the methods of fast ripening persimmon. Please note that this fruit is contraindicated for people suffering from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract!