Recently, on the shelves of stores appeared such an unusual vegetable with a fruity taste, like kivano. In another way it is called the African cucumber, horned melon and English tomato. This exotic fruit came to us from Africa. Thanks to its unique taste and beneficial properties, Kivano is becoming more and more popular.
Fruit kivano: what does it look like?
Kivano fruits are distinguished by an oval shape and yellow-orange color, in shape they resemble a small melon with pimples or a large cucumber. Their core is a greenish jelly with white seeds. Kivano fruit grows on vines up to 6 m. Its leaves are distinguished by a hard edge, resembling the small leaves of a cucumber. It tastes like lemon, banana, melon and light kiwi flavor at the same time.. But sometimes differs excessive watery. Kivano fruit is grown today in the Crimea, but not as a vegetable, but as a decorative garden ornament. During growth, the vine begins to branch strongly and quickly creates a large tent for a gazebo. The most unique is that kivano is actually a cucumber type of vegetable, but its unusual taste makes you think that it is a fruit.
What is useful fruit kivano?
- Kiwano fruit belongs to the watery fruits. It contains a large amount of moisture, in 100 g - 90 percent. In addition, its composition is characterized by a high content of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. It contains kivano and many vitamins, especially group B and C. It also has useful trace elements: phosphorus, iron, zinc, magnesium, sodium, copper, manganese, calcium and potassium, which are necessary for the proper functioning of the heart. Kivano fruit has a low calorie content. 100 g of the product contains 44 kcal. Its frequent use helps to get rid of unwanted pounds and improve body tone.
- In addition to the benefits to the heart, potassium, which is a part of kivano, ensures the proper functioning of the body, regulates the acid-base balance and the amount of water, improves the composition of the blood, and ensures proper muscle contraction. It is these properties that explain its benefit for people suffering from gastrointestinal and cardiovascular diseases.
- In addition, kivano fruit juice promotes the rapid healing of wounds and burns. In winter, it will become a valuable source of vitamins, allowing you to strengthen the immune system and prevent the occurrence of beriberi. It differs and tonic effect, which is important for severe mental and physical exertion. And for dietary nutrition, the fetus will become an indispensable element. Kiwano fruit can be used during any diet and even the treatment of obesity.
- Kivano is also useful for children, differing in its rich content of vitamins and microelements. It allows you to quickly strengthen children's immunity due to the high content of ascorbic acid, beta-carotene and vitamin PP. It is used in cosmetology, most often to create masks with honey and yogurt.
How to eat kivano?
- When choosing an exotic fruit, the first difficulty immediately arises, how to properly clean and eat it. There are no difficulties with kivano fruit. Eating it raw, which allows you to get the maximum benefit from the fetus. To do this, just wash the fruit and peel it.
- In addition, cut into cubes, it can be added to various salads and desserts. Combined kivano and seafood, as well as soft cheese and ice cream. From it you can also make an unusual sauce for fish dishes. It is made from kivano and juice, which can be consumed both fresh and added to various cocktails. This product is especially well combined with milk.
- This unusual fruit is stored in the refrigerator for up to 30 days. If the fruit is not quite ripe, then they can be left in the room, wrapped in paper. Days after 5, they mature, after which they can be removed in the refrigerator. In the presence of food allergies or a strong predisposition to it, eating this fruit in large quantities is not recommended. It is best to try to start only a small piece.
- Exotic fruits: photos and titles
- How to eat pomelo?
- How to eat fruit?
- What is useful kiwi?
- How to eat passion fruit?
- How to eat papaya?
- What to cook them feijoa?
Many exotic fruits, not only have a unique and unusual taste, but also have a large number of useful properties. So relatively recently, the Kivano fruit appeared in the stores, which combines several tastes at once. In fact, it belongs to vegetables, a sort of cucumber, which explains its juiciness and sometimes even wateriness. You can eat kivano fruit raw or, adding to salads, and use juice as a great addition to milkshakes.