Thrush (as everyone calls candidiasis) is one of the most common "female" diseases. Men can sometimes suffer from this disease, but in most cases they become just carriers of pathogens. It is not considered to be a particularly dangerous infection, but it can deliver a lot of uncomfortable sensations that you want to get rid of as soon as possible. How to cure thrush at home forever so that her characteristic symptoms will never bother you again?
Causes and signs of the disease
In the body of each woman in small quantities there are numerous microorganisms, including yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida. In conditions of normal functioning of all systems of the human body, in most cases they do not bother their owner. But various reasons can provoke active growth and reproduction of these microorganisms, which leads to the occurrence of candidiasis.
This disease is a defeat of the skin in the genital area and the mucous membrane of the vagina by the fungus of the genus Candida. The main symptom by which one can almost always unmistakably identify an ailment is the appearance of white cheesy discharge from genitals with an unpleasant odor. In addition, the woman has redness, swelling and itching in the area close to the vagina. Watching these symptoms, each woman often wonders how to cure thrush at home forever.
There are a lot of reasons that can provoke the active development of pathogenic fungi. Here are some of them:
- weakening of the body's immune system;
- severe stress and overwork;
- unhealthy diet;
- abuse of alcohol and drugs;
- insufficient hygiene of the genitals;
- promiscuous sex life;
- hormonal imbalance.
Is it possible to get rid of thrush forever?
Unfortunately, how to get rid of thrush once and for all, nobody knows. Even in the case of complete cure of this disease, no one is immune from its repetition. In today's world, too many adverse factors that can provoke excessive growth and development of pathogens act on the body of any woman.
In addition, the disease can quickly turn into a chronic form. As a rule, when detecting the first signs of candidiasis, young girls do not go to the doctor, and they buy one of the drugs themselves, which are quite a lot in the assortment of pharmacies. Thus, they only stop the symptoms of the disease, but do not cure candidiasis completely. That is why in the future cheesy discharge and other signs appear again and again.
In order to reduce the likelihood of recurrence, in case of frequent recurrence of episodes of the disease, one should not self-medicate, but seek medical attention. Only a qualified doctor will be able to conduct all necessary examinations and prescribe the treatment needed in a particular situation.
How to cure candidiasis?
There are many ways to get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of thrush. Consider the main ones.
The most effective and most popular method is taking certain medications. This, for example:
These and other drugs for thrush are very effectively fighting its pathogens - pathogenic fungi of the genus Candida. In some cases, it is enough to drink just one pill to get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of the disease. In addition, after treatment, you should drink a course of the vitamin complex in order to improve immunity and minimize the likelihood of relapse. Expensive vitamin and mineral complexes can successfully replace the tincture of Eleutherococcus or ginseng.
No less effective can be some means of traditional medicine, for example:
- Prepare yourself or go to the pharmacy for a herbal collection of equal proportions of sage, chamomile, yarrow, calendula, juniper, eucalyptus, black poplar and birch buds. 1 tbsp. l This mixture pour 500 ml boiling water and leave to stand for some time. The resulting solution should drink 1-2 tbsp. l 30-40 minutes before meals 3 times a day. In addition, this infusion can be washed;
- 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day it is useful to take an extract of wormwood, prepared at the rate of 20 grams of dry grass per 200 ml of boiling water;
- The following herbal collection is great for washing away. Take a string, lavender, and the roots and bark of oak in equal parts. 2 tbsp. l such a collection must be poured 300 ml of boiling water and leave to infuse for 2-3 hours, and then drain well;
- no less effective and such a simple remedy - dilute 1 tsp in 1 liter of boiling water. iodine and 1 tbsp. l soda This solution must be done by washing and douching. The procedure is best carried out at night, before bedtime;
- The use of tampons impregnated with nonfat kefir is also a simple and effective method. Such a tampon must be inserted into the vagina at bedtime for 5-7 days, and in the morning it is necessary to do douching with a decoction of a pharmaceutical chamomile.
Finally, in order not only to cure candidiasis, but also to prevent its appearance for a long time, you should reconsider your diet. So, it is necessary to reduce the consumption of carbohydrates and increase the proportion of fermented milk products in the daily menu. In addition, it is useful to eat as much garlic as possible and drink at least 200 ml of carrot juice per day, since these products effectively fight against various infections.
How to get rid of candidiasis during pregnancy?
In the period of expectation of the child in future mothers, the immunity decreases and the hormonal background significantly changes. Both of these causes can cause the development of the disease. Meanwhile, self-medication during pregnancy is absolutely impossible.
For any signs of candidiasis, it is necessary to immediately contact a gynecologist to confirm the diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Usually, pregnant women are prescribed topical medicines in the form of creams, ointments, sprays and vaginal suppositories. Most pills are contraindicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding, but in some cases it is possible to use such drugs for thrush as Nystatin and Pimafucin.
Also, according to the doctor’s recommendation, you can wash yourself with a weak solution of potassium permanganate, baking soda, oak bark, chamomile and other herbs while waiting for your baby.