Many girls and women have already faced such unpleasantness as cystitis. Cystitis is characteristic not only of the fair sex, but also for men. Details on male cystitis can be found in the article Cystitis in men. Symptoms and treatment.
ABOUT female cystitis, symptoms, medical treatment and treatment of folk remedies and will be discussed.
Cystitis and its types
Cystitis - inflammation of the bladder. Unfortunately, this is the most common disease of the urinary system and extremely unpleasant. Cystitis is acute and chronic.
- Acute cystitis usually lasts about a week. If it is longer, it means that things are bad with health, you have not only cystitis, it is necessary to urgently visit a doctor. In acute cystitis, the body temperature rises, and the pain is extremely acute.
- Chronic cystitis it goes unnoticed, its symptoms are hidden. There is a danger in this, because if the inflammation is not treated, it rises higher in the kidneys and entails more serious and unpleasant consequences.
Causes of cystitis in women
Why does inflammation occur that provokes it?
- Infection from the vagina.
- Infection from the intestines.
- Violation of urination (long and frequent patience).
- Pregnancy (a growing child puts pressure on all internal organs of the mother, in particular on the kidneys, preventing their normal operation).
- Chronic constipation (this is the cause of hemorrhoidal cystitis).
- Supercooling of the body.
- Malnutrition (frequent use of smoked meat, spices, spicy foods and alcohol).
Symptoms of cystitis in women
- The first sign of the disease is frequent painful urination. Often urine portions are insufficient. We drink a lot, but in a small way we walk little and often. The urge to urinate is very strong, irresistible. It is accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen in the area of the bladder and perineum.
- In acute cases of cystitis possible blood excretion in the urine.
- Urine, excreted from the body muddy due to bacteria and epithelial cells. Sometimes it contains red blood cells. Leukocytes (blood cells, like erythrocytes) indicate the presence of an inflammatory process.
- In some cases, patients body temperature rises, nausea and dizziness occur.
For other symptoms, see the article Cystitis Symptoms in Women.
In any form of cystitis, it is necessary to dress warmly and diet. Diet is in limiting spicy, salted, peppered, smoked.
It is helpful for patients to drink green tea with milk, a decoction of lingonberry leaves or parsley.
At the first sign of cystitis, consult a doctor.
Drug treatment of cystitis. Antibiotics for cystitis
- First of all, after going to a doctor with symptoms of cystitis, you will pass tests: blood and urine. In some cases, you may be given a kidney ultrasound (to find out if the infection has gone ascending). A competent doctor will also make a patient's urine bakposev.
- After approval of the diagnosis of cystitis, the patient is treated.
- Recommended bed rest. Wear warm socks on your feet. Keep them dry!
- From drugs, antibiotics are effective in combination with diuretics, which banish infection with urine. In some cases, prescribed physiotherapy.
- Antibiotics for cystitis are appointed from the group of penicillins, ampicillins, sulfonamides and tetracyclines. It can be Biseptol, Cefazolin,Ampicillin etc. Prescribe antibiotics can only doctor after the examination.
- During pregnancy, many drugs can not be used, especially antibiotics. Therefore, only by assessing the risk to the mother and correlating it with the benefit, the doctor will prescribe one of the most benign antibiotics, for example, Monural, Amoxiclav.
- An excellent diuretic for the treatment of cystitis is Canephron. This drug is based on herbs and is also safe for pregnant women.
Many doctors will recommend you combine drug treatment of cystitis with herbs decoction. This will help you traditional medicine. But before using one of the proposed recipes for the treatment of cystitis, you must still consult with your doctor. Let him approve that it is for you that the chosen recipe will benefit.
How to cure cystitis folk remedies?
- To relieve pain in the bladder is recommended to use purslane fresh.
- Very effective (even doctors will advise you) is bilberry leaf decoction. 2 tsp. cowberry leaves pour a glass of boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes. Strain. Consume throughout the day.
- Decoction of roots rosehip: 2 tbsp. pour a glass of boiling water. Infuse for 2 hours. Strain. Drink half a cup before each meal
- It is also useful to drink bearberry herb infusion (bearberry).
- Infusion yarrow: 2 tsp pour a glass of boiling water and insist about an hour or so. Drink 4 times a day before meals (a cup of infusion is enough for a day).
- Broth horsetail (grass): mix in equal quantities to the flowers and chamomile flowers. Drink with painful urination from 1 to 3 glasses a day in small sips.
- Infusion of heather twigs: 1 tbsp. crushed sprigs with leaves pour a glass of boiling water. Insist for an hour, strain. Eat per day in 4 divided doses.
- Aspen bud infusion: insist on vodka in the ratio of 1:10. For the treatment of cystitis, take 20-25 drops 3 times a day.
- Infusion calamus rhizomes: 1 tsp pour a glass of boiling water. Within 20 min insist and strain. Take half an hour before meals for half a glass.
There are more complex broths consisting of several useful herbs:
- Mix the leaves of sage medicinal, grass horsetail, bearberry leaves and the roots of Veronica officinalis in the ratio 1: 2: 1: 1. Pour water and boil. Insist on for 6 hours. Take by one/four glasses 3-4 times a day.
- Mix pharmaceutical chamomile flowers, peppermint leaves and black poplar buds in equal proportions. One tablespoon of this mixture pour a glass of boiling water and infuse for 3-4 hours. Strain. Eat before a meal at 0.5 cups.
Be sure to consult with your doctor before using one of the recipes of traditional medicine! After all, even herbs have contraindications. Pregnant women should be especially careful when treating cystitis with folk remedies!
And remember that without consulting a doctor, cystitis cannot be cured. You can only remove the symptoms, and then acute cystitis will become chronic and provoke other diseases of the urinary tract (pyelonephritis, etc.). And in this case, the treatment will be long, and the disease is more painful.
Treat cystitis at the first signs of the disease and always under the supervision of a competent specialist!