A runny nose is one of the constant companions of the common cold, especially in autumn and winter. It causes a lot of unpleasant sensations, and therefore requires immediate treatment. The droplets from the cold are many, but at home, his treatment can be accelerated by quickly alleviating his condition. Only water and salt, used instead of drops, will help you instantly feel relief.
How to quickly cure a cold at home?
So that the runny nose does not gain strength and does not torment you for the next 2 weeks, at the first signs of its appearance, immediately proceed to its treatment.
- Salt water will help you to stop its development. For its preparation will need 1 teaspoon of salt without a slide and 0.5 cups of cold boiled water. Add salt to water and mix thoroughly. The solution for instillation is ready. Try to drip it as often as possible.
- You can grate a carrot, squeeze it through cheesecloth, and add to the resulting juice the same amount of olive oil and 3 drops of garlic juice. With this solution, drip nose 2 drops 3 times in each nostril.
- Another recipe will help you cope with a cold. Finely chop the onion to make 4 tbsp. spoon and fill it with 0.5 cups of warm water, add 1 teaspoon of honey and leave for 30 minutes. Drip nose 3 times in 2 drops.
- Mix 2 tsp fresh beetroot juice and honey, and drip in the nose 3 drops 3 times.
How to cure an incipient rhinitis at home?
To cure the beginning cold, you need to warm up the sinuses several times a day. To do this, heat the salt in a frying pan and put it in 2 pouches. On the sides of the nose, place the napkins and the bags on them. Instead of salt, you can heat the egg and apply it alternately on each side. If purulent rhinitis, use special drops or saline solution to treat it. After it becomes transparent, bury your nose in 5 drops of carrot and beetroot juice.
- Treatment of rhinitis in children
- Folk remedies for rhinitis
- How to treat frontal sinusitis?
Recipes for the treatment of rhinitis at home
- If you do not have the temperature, then take a hot shower or bath, in which you first add a few drops of thyme or eucalyptus essential oil. Also in the bath, you can add sea salt.
- Put 5 drops of eucalyptus oil on your handkerchief and try to breathe in whenever possible.
- You can steam your feet by adding dry mustard to hot water. Then glue the mustard plaster to the heels with the outer side, wrap the legs in paper and leave it on for the whole night.
- Drink hot tea, eating 0.5 lemon at once.
- You can make at home a drop of honey and fresh beets. To do this, rub a little beet, squeeze it through gauze to make juice. Dilute it 1 to 1 with water. Add honey there. Drip 4 times a day.
- Hot salt in the bag during the day can be applied to the nose.
- How to put mustard plasters?
- How do you clean up a marriage room?
- Does the onion help from the common cold?
How to cure a cold at home in infants?
- Start treating a baby from a cold in the beginning with the correct humidity in the room. To do this, put in a room with a basin of water. The temperature in the room should be from 22 to 23 C. It is better to take the baby and, having opened hot water in the bathroom in advance, go there. From the hot steam in the baby will begin to run discharge, wash it. Repeat this procedure every 30 minutes.
- Bathing your baby in herbal baths will also be effective. Take calendula, sage and chamomile and brew them with boiling water. Pour the finished broth into the bath and dilute with water, the temperature should be 36 C. Bathe your baby for 20 minutes.
- If you have a bad cold, you can use saline. Bury it every 30 minutes with 3 drops in each nostril.
Treatment of rhinitis in children at home
- The child first needs to rinse the nasal passages. To do this, prepare a decoction of mint, thyme, sage, or chamomile, calendula. Pour 0, 2 l of water and boil it. Add 1 teaspoon of any of these herbs and mix thoroughly. After 2 hours, strain the solution. Before use, the temperature of the infusion should be 37C.
- Put the baby, so that the head was thrown back slightly. Enter 1 pipette into each nostril. After the baby must raise his head and try to blow his nose. Repeat the procedure 3 times.
- If the baby can not blow your nose, put it on the flank, and under the head folded diaper 4 times. Using a syringe, suck mucus from the left nostril, if the baby is on the right side, injecting an infusion into the right nostril. Then flip the baby and repeat all over again.
- The feet of the baby should be warm all the time, so wear woolen socks on it.
- How to improve immunity?
- How to treat bronchitis?
- How to cure cough?
Steam inhalation for the treatment of rhinitis in babies
Steam inhalations will help to cope with the runny nose in young children. Make them better when the baby is sleeping. To do this, pour 0.5 liters of water into the pot, boil. Add 3 drops of fir, or eucalyptus, or menthol oil there, you can use an asterisk balm, a small piece will suffice. Mix everything and, holding on low heat for 4 minutes, clean in a warm place, covered with a lid. After 15 minutes, check if it is too hot. To do this, place the pan at the level of your face and a distance of 50 cm from yourself. If steam gives you a feeling of pleasant warmth, you can use it, if it burns, wait until it cools off a little more.
Then put the pot on the high chair, next to the baby’s bed at a distance of 50-60 cm and remove the lid. Cover the pot with the diaper and lift the second corner, so that the steam gets to the baby on the face. Inhalation time - no more than 7 minutes.
In the treatment of rhinitis in infants and young children, you need to be especially careful. If a runny nose is accompanied by fever, severe weakness, be sure to consult a doctor, especially with regard to the health of your children.
Runny nose can be cured at home with the help of herbs, salt, steam inhalations with essential oils, walks in the fresh air. But try to prevent the development of a cold from the start. Take care of yourself and your loved ones.