Recently, dishes with chicken stomachs have become increasingly popular. And this is not at all surprising, because properly prepared by-products are not only very tasty, but also contain a minimal amount of calories, so you can eat them even during a diet. Chicken stomachs also contain a large number of beneficial trace elements and have an interesting taste.
How to cook chicken stomachs so that they are soft?
If you decide to cook some dish of chicken stomachs, first you need to know how to choose them. When buying offal, pay special attention to their freshness. Very tasty and mild chilled stomachs are obtained, while their shelf life is not more than 48 hours.
Before buying, you need not only to smell, but also to touch the stomachs. Fresh offal should be slightly moist, elastic and have a pleasant, slightly sweet aroma. In the event that the store offers you very flabby, soft, how many stomachs that have an unpleasant smell, it is best to refuse to buy, because you can not cook a tasty dish from stale by-products.
Before you proceed directly to cooking dishes with chicken gizzards, they need to properly cook. If you purchased a frozen product, then you need to defrost it in advance - put it on the lower compartment in the refrigerator and leave it for about 10 hours. Of course, this defrosting process is very slow, but it allows you to fully preserve all the nutritional and taste qualities of by-products.
Quite often, a thin film remains on the inside of the stomachs, which must be removed without fail. Then carefully inspect the product so that there are no bile stains on it. If on some pieces there are yellowish bile drips, you need to carefully cut them off. The fact is that even a small amount of bile can completely spoil the taste of the whole dish, which will be very bitter. Once the process of cleaning the ventricles is fully completed, they must be thoroughly rinsed under running warm water.
As a rule, for preparing more snacks and salads, it is necessary to use boiled chicken stomachs. If you decide to boil offal to make them juicy, soft and tender, you must follow a few simple rules for their preparation. The washed and cleaned ventricles need to be put in a deep bowl, then pour with clean water (cool) and leave for 2-3 hours.
After the specified time, water is drained, and the ventricles are washed again and transferred to a double-bottomed saucepan. Fill the by-products with hot water so that it covers them completely and is about 5 cm above their level. The pot is placed on a high heat and brought to a boil. Then the foam appears, the fire is slightly screwed on and the pan is covered with a lid. The stomachs are cooked for about 20 minutes, then a couple of black peppercorns and bay leaves are added, the broth is salted to taste. Everything is cooked for another 20 minutes, then the pan is removed from the stove and the stomachs are left to cool in the broth.
How much should you cook chicken offal?
Cleaned and well-washed chicken ventricles should be boiled in lightly salted water until they are soft. After about 20-30 minutes with the help of a skimmer, they get out of the saucepan and can be used to prepare different dishes. Stewed chicken ventricles are very tasty, tender and quite nourishing.
During the preparation of these by-products a wide variety of spices and seasonings can be used, as the stomachs perfectly absorb the taste and aroma of spices. Ideal garnish option for stewed ventricles will be various cereals, potatoes, and pasta.
To cook some dishes, chicken stomachs do not have to be cooked, but in this case cooking time will take about an hour. All ingredients must be stewed until the product is fully cooked. During cooking, it is necessary to periodically, in small portions, add water.
Chicken stomach soup: recipes
Soup with chicken stomachs is a very tasty and satisfying dish, which is traditionally seasoned with pasta and potatoes. To add spice to the dish, a tomato and mustard is added during cooking.
- Ground pepper - to taste
- Mustard - 1 tbsp. l
- Salt - 1-1.5 tsp.
- Vermicelli - 3 tbsp. l (3 handfuls)
- Basil, oregano, parsley dill - to taste
- Potatoes - 3 pcs.
- Tomatoes - 1 pc.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Chicken gizzards - 600 g
- First, prepare the ventricles - clean and thoroughly wash with plenty of warm water.
- Put a saucepan on the stove and pour water into it as soon as the liquid boils, spread the prepared ventricles.
- Cook the broth under a closed lid on a minimum heat for 50-60 minutes, periodically removing the foam.
- While the broth is boiling, prepare the vegetables - peel the carrots and onions. Onion cut into small cubes. Grind carrots grated (large).
- Put a frying pan on the stove, heat it up, pour a small amount of vegetable oil and spread the prepared vegetables. Immediately season the vegetables with a pinch of salt, as they must have time to put the juice.
- Fry the vegetables at minimum heat for about 10 minutes, periodically stirring so as not to burn.
- Then add the tomato to the vegetables, pre-cut into small cubes, mix and fry all together for about 5 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin strips.
- At that time, while the broth will boil, we leave the potatoes in cold water, otherwise it will darken.
- After about an hour of boiling the chicken ventricles, put the steamed vegetables in the pan, lay out the potatoes.
- Cook the soup with potatoes for about 10 minutes, then lay out the noodles and cook together for 7 minutes until the noodles are completely ready.
- Almost at the very end of cooking add salt, mustard, pepper and dried herbs.
- Vermicelli soup with chicken stomachs is fully prepared, you can serve it with mayonnaise or sour cream.
- Black pepper to taste
- Bay leaf - 1 pc.
- Green onions - 1 bunch
- Buckwheat - 3.5-4 tbsp. l
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Sunflower oil - 3-4 tbsp. l
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Purple bow - 1 pc.
- Sweet yellow onions - 1 pc.
- Potatoes - 3-4 pcs.
- Water - 1.7-2 liters.
- Chicken gizzards - 400-420 g
- We wash the stomachs in warm water, clean, wash again and cut into small cubes.
- The prepared by-product is put into a deep saucepan and filled with water (cold). Put the saucepan on the stove and let the liquid boil. Cook the stomachs for about 20 minutes after boiling water.
- At that time, while the ventricles are being prepared, we peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Peel the onion and carrot and rinse with cold water.
- Pepper wash and remove the seeds.
- Grind carrots, peppers and onions.
- Put a frying pan on the stove, warm it up and pour a little vegetable oil.
- As soon as the oil is hot, lightly fry the carrots and onions in it until the vegetables have a nice golden hue. Then turn off the stove and remove the pan from the stove.
- Salted broth with the ventricles with a small amount of salt.
- Put potatoes in a saucepan with broth and let them boil.
- As soon as the broth begins to boil, we fasten the fire and boil for another 10 minutes.
- Wash the buckwheat with cold water and add to the saucepan.
- Give boil the soup and cook it until fully cooked buckwheat and potatoes.
- As soon as the buckwheat and potatoes are fully prepared, add a vegetable fry to the soup, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove, then add to the soup, previously washed and chopped green onions, bay leaf and pepper.
- After about 10 minutes, remove the bay leaf and you can serve the soup to the table.
- Very tasty soup is obtained in a few hours when it is well infused.
- If desired, you can serve the soup with the addition of a few spoons of sour cream.
Chicken stomachs are great for everyday cooking. You can stew them, fry them, add salads, cook fragrant soups with them. The product is distinguished not only by its peculiar pleasant taste, but also by its low price. This allows you to enter into the family diet available, but very appetizing dishes!