One of the most famous folk remedies for sore throat is a yellowish, alcohol-based liquid used for gargling: Furacilin. She has been treated and is still being treated, and she is unlikely to lose demand once, because the efficacy and safety of the drug has been proven for decades. However, today not everyone knows how to use Furacilin correctly: how to dilute it, how to rinse itself, how to make a treatment schedule.
"Furacilin": the main characteristics of the drug
A solution based on ethyl alcohol or water, produced in small bottles of dark glass, as well as in small effervescent tablets is a drug familiar to most since childhood. If you look at the chemical composition, first of all, pure sodium chloride is present here - salt taken from sea water. Therefore, we can safely say that rinsing with "Furacilin" is a simple rinsing with salt water, however, concentrated and often diluted with alcohol. And it is precisely on the properties of salt crystals that the whole effect of this therapy is based.
- In medicine, sodium chloride is known as a means of removing toxins, as well as preventing general dehydration, deficiency of sodium ion, and disinfecting wounds with the release of pus. In addition, it can act as a means of removing puffiness. It is the last properties of this component that made it a valuable fighter against inflammatory processes in the throat: in particular, sore throats.
- In addition to sodium chloride, nitrofural is present in Furacilin, the synthetic base of which affects gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, as well as any purulent inflammation. The active substances with alcohol are diluted in a ratio of 1: 1500, with water - 1: 5000. In this case, the alcohol solution is presented in small bottles (10 ml), and water - in large (100 ml) and consumed faster.
The overall scope of the effect of the drug was indicated above, but before the specific indications for its use, they look as follows:
- gingivitis, stomatitis and tonsillitis, as well as angina and other inflammations in the mouth and throat;
- skin purulent inflammations, including burns, ulcers and pressure sores;
- conjunctivitis, blepharitis;
- otitis media with discharge of pus.
It should be noted that "Furatsilin" can be used for rinsing the mouth before and after dental procedures. Contraindications drug has practically no, because it has no special effect on the body. However, it is recommended to refrain from using it to people with renal impairment, dermatosis and untranslatability of the main components of Furacilin.
How to breed "Furacilin" for rinsing?
Since the tool has several forms of release, with the preparation of rinsing liquid sometimes there are difficulties for those who first encounter this drug. How to work with all its varieties? Is it possible to gargle "Furacilin" for children?
- “Furacilin” in tablets (0.2 g) is very simple to turn into a therapeutic fluid: it is recommended that an adult take 1 tablet, and a child (up to 12 years old) take 1 / 4-1 / 2 tablets. For this amount of medication used 250 ml of water, pre-boiled. It is undesirable to use boiling water, because it makes the solution very bitter, and even adults do not always have this procedure for pleasant minutes. The optimum temperature is 50-60 degrees: this will be enough to dissolve the tablet completely. Before pouring it with water, it is recommended to grind it into powder or at least finely chop it with a knife so that you do not have to wait long for the drug to dissolve.
- "Furacilin" in powder - a form quite rare, but the pharmacist can offer it instead of tablets. How to dilute it? For the same volume of water (250 ml), only 0.02 g per adult and 0.01 g per child under 12 years old will be required. Stir the component is necessary for 10 minutes. To achieve its complete dissolution. Properly prepared liquid will have a pronounced yellow color, but remain completely transparent, not turbid.
- Alcohol solution of "Furacilin" (0.067%) is added to water in the ratio of 1 tbsp. 200 ml of water, but for rinsing it is used very rarely, because the consumption of the drug is too large.
It is undesirable to store the prepared solution - it loses its properties, therefore it is better to re-dilute the preparation for each rinse. If it was necessary to move the procedure for several hours, you can remove the container (only glass!) With the liquid, after covering it, in the refrigerator.
"Furacilin": instructions for use
Gargling with the preparation is carried out after the liquid prepared in advance cools to 34-36 degrees - a temperature that is comfortable for the sore throat. Before proceeding with the procedure, the solution must be decanted through gauze (especially if it was made from a solid form) in order to prevent unintentional contact of the crystals with mucous membranes: this will cause a burn. If the solution has not just been prepared, it must be heated to the same 34-36 degrees.
- How to gargle "furatsilinom" right? The procedure is carried out for 3-5 minutes, while the direct contact of the fluid with the affected area with the head thrown back should be 20 seconds. for every "sip". It is recommended to repeat every 4-6 hours for 1-2 days, after that you can reduce the intensity and increase the interval to 10-12 hours.
- The total duration of treatment varies depending on the complexity of the disease, but experts recommend sticking to the 4-5 day framework. You can enhance the effect if you pre-rinse your throat with soda solution.
- If the rinsing is necessary to hold the child, the solution is poured into a "pear" for douching and spray the baby's throat, requiring immediate spitting of the drug.
- If rinsing is necessary to treat stomatitis (i.e., it affects only the oral cavity), the concentration of the preparation can be increased to 1 tablet for every 100 ml of water.
Of course, the role of "Furacilin" in the treatment of infectious and inflammatory processes in the oral cavity and throat is invaluable: ease of use of the drug, combined with its low cost and high efficiency contribute to the fact that in almost every home on the shelf there is such a bottle or packing with tablets. But do not forget about caution - "Furatsilin" is a drug, and therefore, with its unreasonable use, you can seriously harm yourself.