Ivan-tea is a plant from the leaves of which our ancestors prepared an unusually tasty drink long before they became acquainted with overseas teas. Its scientific name is narrow-leaved fireweed. He was valued not only for exquisite taste, but also for healing properties. Today, despite the presence of a large selection of drinks, the plant does not lose popularity. But in order to get a really tasty decoction, you need to know how to brew willow tea.
How to brew Ivan tea at home?
If you are engaged in the collection of fireweed alone, then the harvesting should be carried out from July to September, when the plant blooms. Only need to collect the leaves. Then they are dried in fresh air for 2-3 days, and then in an oven at a low temperature.
If you buy tea in the store, give preference to fermented leaves. They are much healthier and acquire a floral scent. However, it is important not only to make or buy brewing - you need to know how to brew Ivan tea properly. Then the drink will turn out really tasty.
There are several rules that need to be followed methodically.
- Since the plant has a high biological activity, it is enough to brew only 2 tbsp per day. l
- For preparation it is better to take well or filtered water, but not tap or distilled. The quality of the brewed beverage depends on the quality of the water.
- Other herbs can be added to the tea leaves, for example, chamomile, St. John's wort, calendula, linden, mint, taking into account the effects on the body of each of the components. For example, St. John's wort must be consumed in the evening. It is an active photosensitizer that promotes skin pigmentation.
- In Ivan-tea should not add sugar. It is usually drunk with dried fruit.
- The drink retains its properties and taste for 2-3 days, so it can be used both cold and hot.
Many lovers of fireweed are interested in how much to brew willow tea according to technology. Traditionally, it is kept in a teapot for 15-20 minutes, while it is not necessary to cover the kettle with a cloth or towel. You can insist a decoction in a thermos.
This method is no different from the traditional brewing of tea. An ordinary teapot, preferably ceramic, is suitable for it. It is very important to observe the correct dosage of dry leaves.
- At 0.5 liters of boiling water should take 2 tsp. dry grass and pour boiling water. It is desirable that the water pre-boil for 5 minutes.
- Cover the teapot with a lid, but do not cover it with a towel.
- Let it brew for a quarter of an hour.
- Shake the tea to activate the essential oils that make up it.
- Strain and serve.
You can cook a cool brew and then only dilute it with boiling water. For this 2 tbsp. l dry grass pour 1 liter of boiling water and leave to infuse for an hour.
This method can not be called fast, but the drink turns out much tastier:-
- Leaves of Ivan tea in a thin layer to put in a saucepan or kettle.
- Fill with cool water so that its level is more than 2 times.
- Put on a small fire and slowly heat the contents of the saucepan.
- When the water boils, remove from heat and insist 10 minutes.
- Pour into cups and serve.
Brewing from fresh leaves
If you are harvesting raw materials yourself, you can try to make an infusion without manipulating its drying. How to brew willow tea from fresh, just collected leaves?
- Leaves lay at the bottom of the pot and pour water at room temperature.
- Put on a slow fire.
- When the water boils, continue to boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and insist drink another 20 minutes.
- Pour into cups and serve.
Regularly using Ivan-tea, knowing how to brew and drink it properly, you can significantly improve your health. The plant, so valued by our ancestors, has unique healing properties.
The benefits of ivan tea
Ivan-tea has long helped our ancestors to stay healthy for many years and not lose their serenity even in old age. Useful properties of the plant due to its rich composition:
- vitamins C, group B;
- organic acids;
- digestible carbohydrates;
- biologically active substances.
Black-leaved Kiprey has a positive effect on many processes in the body:
- strengthens the immune system;
- has a sedative effect, relieves depression;
- helps fight insomnia;
- strengthens the nervous system;
- eliminates inflammatory processes (it is indicated for ulcers of the stomach and duodenum, gastritis);
- provides energy due to its high nutritional value;
- cleans from slags;
- strengthens blood formation processes;
- increases the potency in men;
- warns of cancer.
In folk medicine, the main indications for the use of infusion of fireweed are:
- general weakness, increased fatigue;
- colds and colds;
- painful menstruation;
- vegetative vascular dystonia.
Despite the large number of useful properties, there are restrictions in its consumption.
- To obtain the effect of recovery, you should not drink more than 12 cups of infusion per day, the duration of the healing course is no more than 2 weeks. Then you need to take a break for another 2 weeks. Abuse of willow tea leads to diarrhea and a decrease in pressure.
- It is not recommended to drink brewed billow along with the reception of antipyretic and sedatives.
- Drink is contraindicated in diarrhea, as it has a laxative effect.
- In pregnancy, the consumption of willow tea is better to reduce to a minimum.
- Ivan-tea: more useful properties
- Ivan-tea: the benefits and harm
- Cyprus: useful properties and contraindications
Ivan tea is a plant undeservedly forgotten by current generations. However, gradually the old Russian culture of tea drinking begins to revive. Today, more and more hunters appear to treat themselves to a healing drink, which is presented to people for healing by nature itself.