Fish is a unique supplier of nutrients. It contains the optimal amount of protein, mineral salts, vitamins and trace elements. However, the greatest value in fish is its fat, which contains many of the necessary human compounds, in particular, omega-3 fatty acids. And this is not the only healthy fish oil.
Thick white, yellowish or reddish substance with a rather pungent odor is extracted mainly from cod liver. The production of fish oil has long been put on stream in Norway and the USA. Here, thanks to high-quality technical equipment, the product is produced in industrial quantities.
For medical purposes only white (maybe slightly yellowish) fish oil may be used. This is a product of primary processing - the purest and most concentrated. As a general tonic, it has been used since the 18th century.
What is the use of fish oil?
This substance is often used to maintain immunity during the period of seasonal colds. However, fish oil, whose beneficial properties are not limited to the anti-inflammatory effects on the body, may be useful in other cases:
- skin diseases
- blurred vision
- brittle nails and hair,
- signs of rickets and weak bone growth,
- the threat of blood clots,
- poor memory and impaired brain activity
- weak vessels
- adverse external effects.
The healing properties of fat for women and men
This product is of particular value for women: it turns out that it is quite capable of replacing “beauty vitamins” and other similar drugs. So what is the benefit of fish oil for women?
- Hair and skin need a constant supply of vitamins, not only in cold and off-season. Adverse external factors, stress, experiences, as well as diet and disordered food system strongly affect the appearance. Vitamins A, D, and omega-3 fatty acids — what fish oil is good for — help restore the beauty and health of curls and epidermis. Hair becomes shiny, stops falling out and splits, and the skin becomes smooth, elastic and healthy color.
- To bring the figure in order and get rid of excess weight, many refuse fat, at best, replacing them with vegetable. This is wrong: in moderation, they are even needed by the body - for accelerated lipid breakdown and reduction of the body fat, and not muscle mass. And here even animal products are allowed. For example, fish oil is ideal for burning calories. At a dosage of 1-2 g every other day, this drug will help lose up to 1 kg of excess weight in a week and a half. In addition, it saves hair, nails and skin during the diet.
- A beneficial effect of fish oil on the reproductive function of the female body has been observed. This drug reduces the risk of infertility and the occurrence of pathologies during pregnancy. However, it is necessary to take fish oil before planning a pregnancy: during the period of carrying a child, its action can be detrimental.
- Of great importance is the prevention and treatment of osteopathy. For women, this is especially important, because during the same pregnancy, the female body receives an additional load. This can not affect the condition of the skeleton, and therefore the bone tissue needs additional support.
- Immunity - the main defense of the body. Even a small breach in this system can undermine health, and the consequences will not slow down affecting the general condition. Fish oil restores defenses, strengthens the immune system and helps fight various diseases.
And how is fish oil useful for men? Observations of scientists have shown that taking the drug causes positive reactions and changes in many cases. It:
- strengthening the heart muscle and blood vessels;
- improvement of the digestive tract;
- increased reproductive function;
- prevention and treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- activation of brain activity;
- reduction of attacks of aggression and irritability;
- reduction of intoxication due to alcoholic beverages and cigarettes;
- memory strengthening.
Why should it be given to children?
About the fact that fish oil is useful for children, every parent surely knows. Moreover, many more than once had to resort to his help.
- Fish oil promotes the formation of bone and muscle tissue, and also protects babies from rickets.
- Natural remedy restores weakened immunity, prevents frequent colds and infections.
- For schoolchildren the drug helps to memorize and assimilate a large amount of information easier, facilitates the learning process.
- Warns eye diseases and inflammation, as well as improves eyesight and forms a visual pigment.
- Normalizes the blood and is involved in metabolic processes.
- Reduces the risk of caries and gum disease.
How to take fish oil?
Despite the many positive characteristics, not everyone is suitable fish oil. What is useful, how to take this drug and what contraindications to it - it is better to find out immediately. Otherwise it is possible with irreversible consequences to harm yourself or your household.
Previously, fish oil could only be bought as a suspension. This rather unpleasant taste and odor caused instant rejection in children and in some adults. After several attempts at taking the vial with fat, as a rule, it was left alone. Now you can buy the product in capsules. Small and smooth, they do not smell, easily swallowed and do not cause emetic urges. This form of release is especially convenient for children. However, many people have a question: how is fish oil useful in capsules and is it as effective as an old proven remedy?
The difference between the drugs, if any, is small. Basically it is the concentration of the active substance and, therefore, the dosage of the drug. Capsules take 1-2 pieces. 3 times a day after meals. The amount of the drug is reduced to the lower limit, if the fish oil is intended for the child. The course of administration should be intermittently, for example, 2 weeks after 1, or 3 after 2. If the fish oil is in suspension, it is taken with food. For adults and children over eight years old it is 15 ml (1 tbsp. L.) A day, 10 ml will be enough for babies 3-6 years old, and 1 tsp is enough for a one-year-old or two-year-old child. per day.
Among the contraindications to the use of the drug are pregnancy, lactation, liver disease and biliary tract. Should take into account the individual intolerance and means. During the reception of fish oil must be monitored for their condition. The appearance of drowsiness, lethargy, nausea, vomiting and pain in the limbs means an overdose. In addition, during the use of the drug it is necessary to exclude other drugs, which include vitamins A and D.
Fish oil is a unique product and essential help to the body. In the absence of contraindications, it is quite possible for them to replace the vitamin complex. Moreover, for the price this tool is available to everyone. The main thing when buying to make sure the quality of the pharmaceutical product and its safety, as well as abide by the rules of admission.