It's no secret where the liver is located - right under the ribs. But some may have difficulty determining the location of the gallbladder. In the liver there is a small depression in which the gallbladder is located. In the projection, this is an extreme edge. Even minor irregularities in the work of this body lead to the appearance of unpleasant symptoms, up to a painful reaction.
How the gall bladder hurts: features
The pain is localized under the right edge, less often in the epigastric region. Pain can spread to the right shoulder, shoulder blade or interscapular space. As a rule, they occur suddenly.
An attack of severe pain that occurs in the pathology of the gallbladder and its ducts is called hepatic or biliary colic. To explain the occurrence of pain can be muscle spasm. Such a spasm may occur as a result of blockage of the bile duct by excrement.
With colic, as a rule, there is nausea, vomiting, body temperature increases to 39 - 40 degrees. The attacks themselves can last from a few minutes to a couple of hours. Approximately the same pain can cause spasm of the biliary tract, but they are much less common and are caused more often by the inflammatory process and impaired nervous transmission.
Gallbladder inflection: symptoms
- Nausea and vomiting are one of the leading symptoms of an excess of the gallbladder. Especially such symptoms are pronounced with intoxication and poisoning. The second, not less common symptom is a decrease in the patency of the digestive tract and tissue damage, which provokes abdominal pain.
- As a symptom can be identified and the so-called gastric reflux - throwing the contents of the stomach into the larynx and oral cavity, and sometimes the nose. The consequences of this condition may be a stomach ulcer, pancreatitis, erosion, or the formation of gallstones.
- The main reason for the bending of the gallbladder is the displacement of internal organs. Strong physical exertion, namely weightlifting, can provoke the omission.
- But if the bubble is swirling and more than once, then blood circulation is disturbed. There is sweating, flatulence, gradually forming severe pains on the right side. In the event of such symptoms, it indicates a serious disturbance in the circulatory system. Or there are cracks in the bladder, through which bile flows into the abdominal cavity.
- Most of these symptoms can be diagnosed with an ultrasound scan. The formation of adhesions and changes in the gallbladder can cause changes in the composition of bile. It becomes thick, which is a key factor in the formation of sand and further stones.
Gallbladder cancer: symptoms
- With a long-lasting gallstone disease, the development of a malignant process is possible - a tumor of the gallbladder. It is worth remembering that oncology may also occur in persons who have not previously been diagnosed with the diseases of this organ.
- Patients often complain of constant pain in the right hypochondrium, which does not go away even after taking medications. Dyspeptic state develops - nausea, vomiting. Patients note a decrease in appetite, and, consequently, there is a loss of body weight.
- In some cases, the disease can proceed without a pain reaction at all. Even jaundice does not occur. In 25–30% of cases, the patients themselves can find a dense, bumpy and practically painless formation under the lower edge on the right - this is a neoplasm.
- With the appearance of such symptoms, it is necessary to urgently seek the help of doctors, to undergo a certain treatment. The success of therapy will depend on the timeliness of diagnosing the pathology. The earlier the tumor was detected, and the earlier the treatment was started, the better for the patient and his recovery.
The gall bladder hurts: symptoms of various diseases
It's no secret that the symptoms of some diseases may be similar, the pathology of the gallbladder is no exception. First of all, it is necessary to be able to distinguish between pains caused by inflammation and tumors.
The pains in the tumor and inflammatory processes are not so severe, as a rule, they are dull, and most importantly, they are not of paroxysmal character. Symptoms of the disease are not formed immediately, but gradually. After lunch or dinner, bloating occurs, and after a while the attack begins. Particularly vivid symptoms appear after ingestion of fatty, fried foods or after eating some vegetables.
You can only worry if all the listed symptoms end with a fit of colic. If this happens, the pain that has arisen is a universal signal for the occurrence of problems with the gallbladder.
How to get rid of pain in the gallbladder?
Pain relief is probably one of the most exciting questions for patients. It is worth remembering that in most cases, with problems with the gallbladder, there are gallstones. This may cause colic. Usually pains are wave-like, and after a short time pass.
If the stone is blocked by a duct, mechanical jaundice will develop with a high percentage of probability, but if the stone is released into the intestine, then it must be removed - urgently. This can be done with surgery, dissolution or extraction without surgery.
Only a doctor can diagnose the symptoms of gallbladder disease and interpret them correctly. Therefore, when pain occurs, do not delay the visit to the doctor. It is not known what lies behind the painful sensations - the inflection or cancer of the gallbladder. It is not worth risking your own health, you must promptly consult a specialist and begin treatment.