Practically in any locality, including on the plot, you can find knotweeds. In the people it is called the bird highlander, because the seeds of this plant are happy to eat the birds. Many of us consider knotweed as a weed and actively exterminate the plant, unaware of its healing properties. In this article, we will look at the diseases that the mountaineer copes with, its beneficial properties and contraindications to the use of this plant.
Mountaineer - knotweed: medicinal properties of the plant
An unremarkable small-flowered creeping grass or tall stem grass is truly considered a treasure trove of useful substances, minerals and trace elements. There are a large amount of magnesium, copper, silver, manganese and calcium that the body needs. In addition, the knotweed is enriched with carotene, vitamins E and C. The greens of the bird highlander contain pectins, under the influence of which free radicals and harmful substances are removed from the body.
There is also a high concentration of flavonoids, silicon, glucose, alkaloids, sucrose, essential oils and fructose in the bird's highlander. Thanks to this combination of useful elements knotweed was widely used in the preparation of traditional medicine. Tall and creeping mountaineer has the same beneficial properties. Most often in our area you can see the so-called pochuhinik - a plant with high shoots.
What is useful pochechuyny mountaineer?
Knotweed has a number of useful properties:
- stimulating the immune system;
- stopping the blood;
- wound healing.
For treatment in folk medicine use only the ground part of the mountaineer of the kidney. As a rule, collecting leaves is best during the period of active flowering knotweed. Due to its complex composition, various means of traditional medicine, prepared on the basis of the kidney, are used to treat a number of diseases and pathological processes.
So, the bird highlander affects our body as follows:
- stops bleeding when there is a pronounced poor blood clotting or viscosity;
- strengthens the cardiovascular system;
- has a diuretic effect;
- narrows blood vessels (blood pressure does not change dramatically);
- stops uterine bleeding;
- helps with hemorrhoidal tumors and bleeding;
- helps to eliminate diarrhea;
- used for complex treatment of venereal pathologies;
- effective in the prevention and treatment of constipation;
- heals wounds;
- helps to cure the pathologies of the urinary system (in particular, kidney disease);
- eliminates cramps;
- treats diseases of the respiratory tract;
- used as a febrifuge.
In addition, knotweed actively used for industrial purposes. Dried stems and leaves of the kidney are used to dye tissues yellow. Also widely used mountaineer found in the wine and alcoholic beverage industry.
What are the contraindications?
Despite this abundance of beneficial properties, not all people are recommended to take broths and tinctures from the bird highlander. Acceptance of such traditional medicine has its own contraindications:
- Highlander is not allowed in any dosage form for small children;
- It is not recommended to take drugs on the basis of the kidney for pregnant girls, as well as during lactation;
- if you are hypersensitive to any active ingredient;
- with the development of diseases of the kidneys and ureters in the acute stage;
- phytotherapists do not advise people who have had ischemic heart disease and heart attacks to take a bird mountaineer;
- in case of thrombophlebitis.
Before using the bird mountaineer, it is necessary to undergo a full-scale examination and consult with your doctor. As you can see, the kidney has a number of contraindications, therefore, if the precautionary measures are not followed, the likelihood of the development of complicated consequences is high. Self-medication is not allowed. To cope with any pathology or a serious disease is possible only through the passage of a comprehensive medical course.
Highland bird's grass: application
From the dried grass of the bird's mountaineer, people prepare decoctions and various infusions.
Recipe number 1
Such an infusion of bird highlander is very useful in diseases of the urinary system, impaired functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, tuberculosis and cystitis.
- crushed dried knotweed leaves - 3 tbsp. l .;
- filtered water - 200 ml.
Preparation and use:
- For the preparation of such a decoction, you can use both fresh and dried leaves of a highlander bird.
- Chopped leaves of knotweed should be put in a container and pour hot, well boiled water.
- The mixture should be heated in a water bath for 10-15 minutes.
- After that, it should be set aside and completely cooled.
- After cooling, the infusion is necessary to filter and measure its quantity. In case of insufficient volume, add cooled boiled water to the 200 ml mark.
- Take for medicinal purposes infusion of a knotweed should be 0.5 cups three times a day before each meal.
Recipe number 2
If you have gout disease, rheumatism or hemorrhoids, phytotherapists are advised to use a bird mountaineer decoction.
- dried or fresh knotweed leaves - 1 part;
- filtered water - 10 parts.
Preparation and use:
- The crushed leaves of the highlander bird should be laid out in a separate container and filled with water.
- The components must be thoroughly mixed and thoroughly heated in a water bath for half an hour.
- Then the broth should be cooled and filtered.
- For preventive purposes, it is taken under 1 tbsp. l three times a day, and for treatment a day, you need to drink three cups of broth.
The knotweed or the so-called mountaineer is a very useful plant. However, it can be taken only after consulting with the attending specialist and in the absence of contraindications. Be healthy!