Today, the talk will be about a terrible and dangerous illness - a hemorrhage in the brain. If a person is hit by a hemorrhagic stroke and the right side has suffered, the consequences can be most dire - from disability to death. Should we wait for a miracle and hope for a full recovery? What do people who have experienced a stroke say about this?
what is a hemorrhagic stroke and what does it lead to?
This problem is very serious, as the main human organ, the brain, suffers. Stroke - an acute violation of cerebral circulation or sudden hemorrhage in the brain. What happens under the skull? One of the vessels bursts - a hematoma is formed. Since each part of the brain regulates the work of certain organs or is responsible for maintaining vital functions, the consequences of such a violation can be very serious.
The prognosis is rarely positive. This type of stroke in 50% of cases leads to the death of the patient within a few days. Whether there is a chance of survival depends on the age (if the patient is 60 to 70, then the prognosis is most favorable. Up to 60, the inflammatory reaction to the stroke is too vigorous, and after 70 there are not enough reserves to recover), human health, hematoma, and other factors. But such a disease never passes without consequences.
On What can you expect after hitting the right side?
When discussing such a pathology as a hemorrhagic stroke from the right side (its consequences, how much they live after hemorrhage), the following national statistics should be given:
- half of patients cannot survive;
- 80% of people become disabled in one group or another;
- rehabilitation takes at least one to two years;
- only one in five of all patients has a chance to restore the basic functions of the body;
- only 20 out of 100 people can get to work;
- recurrent stroke may develop;
- Often there is coma, which lasts from several hours to several weeks.
As for life expectancy after intracerebral hemorrhage, it is different. A patient can live only a few days or several decades. This largely depends on how well the first medical aid was rendered, what medicines were used and what internal reserves for recovery the body itself possesses. Each case of stroke is individual. If it is oversimplified, then in the first 3 weeks each passing day is an increase in the chance to survive.
Blood swelling is the main danger that a hemorrhagic stroke causes. How quickly the hematoma is absorbed is impossible to say. Whether the blood clot will disappear by itself depends on its size. Small hematomas, up to 50 ml, can dissolve, leaving behind a scar. Medium (50 to 100 ml) and large (over 100 ml) require surgical removal.
Stroke in the right hemisphere: what will happen to the patient?
If a person has suffered a hemorrhagic stroke, and the right side has suffered, the consequences may be as follows:
- persistent motor impairment on the left side of the body - paresis of the facial muscles with loss
- sensitivity, paralysis of the left extremities. Head and eyes turned to the left;
- severe dizziness;
- loss of speech (pronunciation and perception);
- blindness or significant visual impairment in the left eye;
- pain syndrome;
- sleep disorders;
- difficulty swallowing (which may lead to food ingress into the airways);
- neuropsychiatric disorders;
- due to total or partial immobility, pressure sores, pneumonia, infections can develop
- severe urinary tract, spastic contractures, hydrocephalic syndrome;
- in 7-10% of cases, epilepsy appears.
The patient falls into depression, is in a state of chronic stress, which aggravates his condition and increases the risk of recurrent stroke.
Can to return a normal life: what do the patients say?
How hard (and in general - really or not) to overcome the consequences to which hemorrhagic stroke led? Feedback from those who have recovered from such a tragedy proves that the road to recovery will not be easy. All patients and their relatives agree that very much depends on the strength of the patient's spirit, his perseverance, the desire to regain mobility of his limbs and restore speech.
The main thing is duration and methodicalness. Daily should perform massage, gymnastics. Drug treatment can last for months, and it should not be stopped if this is enough material resources for the patient’s relatives. Of the preparations, many advise the Chinese remedy Bolyusa Huato. It helps patients to quickly come to life after a stroke and return at least some of the lost opportunities. But it should be drunk for a long time.
It is necessary to start recovering as quickly as possible, since six months later, a year after the hemorrhage, substantial progress in the work of the paralyzed limbs can no longer be achieved. According to people (and doctors as well), up to 90% of success can be achieved in the first 3-4 months after a stroke.
The first task that confronts doctors is to limit the lesion. For this medication is prescribed:
• relieving swelling around the affected area (diuretics - Furosemide, Mannitol); • improving cerebral circulation - Actovegin, Cerebrolysin.
The recovery program is developed individually, but usually it includes the following areas:
• physical therapy; • massage; • classes with a speech therapist to restore speech and memory; • social and psychological rehabilitation (in society and family); • preventive measures to prevent a new stroke and complications.
Hemorrhagic stroke is a disease that takes life in half of the patients, and in 75% causes persistent impairment of various functions without hope of recovery (at least partial). This is explained by the fact that due to hemorrhage a large amount of nervous tissue dies, and brain edema does not allow the remaining neurons to interact normally. Therefore, even years of hard work do not always guarantee a positive result. And yet, some manage to adapt to a new state, return speech and some motor abilities, and continue to live on.