How many times in our lives we have wounds - it is difficult even to count. It all starts in childhood: scratches, broken knees, cuts ... Adults are also not insured against skin damage - these are cuts from kitchen knives, and the effects of repairs. Therefore, in every home there should be a healing ointment for open wounds. Which one?
Benefits and abilities of wound healing ointments
The wound is not even a window leaf, but an open door for infections. Therefore, it is important to take timely and correct measures to restore the integrity of the skin and start healing.
After primary treatment (washing with hydrogen peroxide, applying a sterile dressing), it is necessary to take care of the rapid regeneration of the skin. And here comes a healing ointment for open wounds. It is relevant even when a tiny scratch appears, not to mention a deep wound. What effect does ointment have? It produces the following effect:
- restores damaged tissue;
- reduces inflammation;
- relieves pain;
- improves metabolic processes.
If immediately (2-3 days after the occurrence of injury) to use a drug that has wound-healing properties, then not only the dangerous effects (suppuration, infection), but also scars can be avoided.
Pharmaceutical wound healing ointments for open wounds: names and brief description
The choice of pharmaceutical preparations with a healing effect in the form of ointments is very diverse. But the following have won the best reputation.
- Solcoseryl. The ointment is made from the blood extract of calves. It stimulates the formation of collagen. If the wound is fresh, then Solcoseryl-gel is more suitable. When a dry crust has appeared, it is necessary to switch to ointment: it activates healing with burns, cuts, scratches and abrasions, prevents the appearance of rough scars. Ointment is treated with a clean wound 2-3 times a day; You can apply a decontaminated dressing. The cost of ointment - up to 190 rubles. A similar tool with the same composition - Actovegin - somewhat lags behind the price of its Swiss prototype. For him will have to pay about 100-130 rubles.
- Levomikol - classic ointment, healing wounds and abrasions. She has long gained unqualified trust from doctors and patients. Perfectly heals the epidermis and is a local antibiotic, therefore it will not allow inflammation to develop. Levomikol put on a dry wound with a thin layer 1-3 times a day; You can make a bandage. A 40-gram tube of such a tool will ease the wallet by only 90 rubles.
- Eplan Universal ointment. It has anti-infective and healing effects, reduces swelling in case of injury, effectively relieves, detrimental effect on certain fungi and microorganisms. It can be used at all stages of wound treatment (except for bleeding). Treatment with Eplan takes 2 times a day, by applying ointment to a clean, injured area. The price of the medicine is from 150 to 180 rubles.
- Baneocin. In its composition there are 2 antibiotics and lanolin, so it does not allow viruses and bacteria to multiply and does not allow cracking of the crust on the wound. Baneocin is applied daily 3 times to complete healing. You can buy the ointment without a prescription for 290-350 rubles.
- Ichthyol. It works very quickly: wound healing will begin in a few hours. If it is open, then this drug is used when the inflammatory process has broken out. The tool is evenly distributed over the surface, covered with a gauze cloth on top. It should be changed several times a day.
These are top wound healing ointments used by surgeons. They confirmed their healing potential and are home ambulances with open skin lesions.
Cooking healing tools with your own hands
If you do not trust the pharmaceutical drugs, then try to make healing compositions on their own. In the national pharmacy, you can find a huge number of recipes that help to prepare the ointment, healing wounds, abrasions, sores. We will not dwell on those for whom “exclusive” herbs are necessary - we will consider simpler means. Here are the available methods for their preparation:
- burdock and celandine. This tool is useful to those who are concerned about long-healing wounds. It will take 30 g of burdock leaves and 20 g of celandine roots. Grind it all. Add 100 ml of vegetable oil. Cook the mixture over low heat for 15 minutes. Strain, cool;
- propolis ointment. This component should be mixed with any fatty base (fish oil, butter). Melt the fat (do not boil!). Put the finely chopped propolis, cook for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Filter, cool;
- pine tar, wax, honey, sunflower oil. Combine the ingredients, keep in a water bath until the resin is completely dissolved;
- eucalyptus leaves (50 g) pour 400 ml of water. Leave for 3 hours. Strain. Before lubricating wounds, connect 3 tbsp. l decoction with honey. Apply the ointment onto a piece of sterile bandage and apply to the damaged area for 30 minutes.
How to use healing compositions?
How should a healing ointment be used? Wounds and abrasions, of course, should be examined by a doctor. If it is not possible to contact a specialist, then first the edges of the wound should be treated with green paint, iodine or another antiseptic - vodka, cologne. Then the wound should be closed with a sterile dressing. After a couple of days for proper healing, it is advisable to connect ointments that stimulate the accelerated proliferation (scarring) of the wound.
Wound ointment always apply a thin layer so that they do not interfere with the flow of air. If this rule is violated, the result will not be the one you expect. Anaerobic bacteria will “flourish” under the dense layer of the drug, which will provoke tissue suppuration.
Healing ointments (factory and folk) - a necessary means of emergency care. Always keep it in the first aid kit. But remember that homemade products are perishable - keep them in the refrigerator. If the wound is large and deep, do not risk, hurry to the traumatologist or surgeon. Yourself, even with the help of reliable ointments, you can not cope with such a problem.