More and more people are beginning to complain of pain in the neck. It is extremely unpleasant and can spread further to the neck. The development of this disease is possible for various reasons. To determine them, you need to undergo a medical examination, after which, based on the diagnosis, the doctor will prescribe a course of treatment.
In almost all cases, discomfort in the occipital region appears as the first sign of the onset of a specific disease associated with the cervical spine (for example, spondylitis, osteochondrosis). In the event of such ailments, pain will bother not only in the neck, but also affect the back of the head. At the same time, it is able to increase even with a slight turn of the head.
As a result of the development of osteochondrosis, there is the likelihood of vertebrobasilar syndrome. In this case, the pain will be localized directly in the neck, and accompanied by an unpleasant feeling of tinnitus, blanching of the face and nausea. Quite often, patients are faced with the appearance of double vision, a violation of coordination of movements occurs. If the patient makes a rather sharp tilting of the head back, he may lose consciousness.
In case of development of a neuralgia of the occipital nerve, quite strong attacks of pain in the region of the occiput can often be disturbed. At the same time, they are able to spread to the neck, ear and lower jaw. With a sharp turn of the head or a strong cough, increased pain may occur. The main reason for provoking the onset of the development of this disease is spondyloarthrosis or any cold.
Most often in the morning there is pain in the neck due to the development of hypertension. Only a doctor can diagnose this disease and prescribe adequate treatment.
Pain in the neck can also occur as a result of the formation of cervical spondylosis. This is a disease of the spine, in which osteophytes grow around the vertebral edges. Most often, people in old age suffer from this disease. However, it can also manifest itself in young people if a sedentary lifestyle is maintained. The patient will be disturbed not only by the pain in the back of the head, but also in the eyes and ears, the mobility of the neck is significantly limited.
There is the likelihood of the development of myogelosis of the cervical region, which occurs when the wrong posture or as a result of frequent stay in strong drafts. This disease is manifested by various symptoms, which include pain in the shoulders and the region of the neck, dizziness may be troubling.
The emergence of severe pain in women can be the result of the recently experienced severe stress or psychological overstrain. Cervical migraine is accompanied by a rather severe pain in the neck and temples, there is a possibility of its spread to the superciliary region. This disease is manifested by other symptoms - pain in the eyes, severe dizziness, a sharp decrease in the level of hearing.
Why is there a throbbing pain in the back of the head?
The throbbing pain in the back of the head is one of the most dangerous, since, more often, it acts as a precursor of a stroke. In almost all cases, this type of pain is manifested due to a sharp increase in pressure. The symptom appears very sharply, while it may be accompanied by an unpleasant feeling of tinnitus, as well as disorientation and soreness in the nose.
The patient may experience so much dizziness that he loses consciousness as a result. In this case, it is strictly forbidden to take any medications, as a result, it can only worsen the patient's condition. It is necessary to seek help from an experienced doctor as soon as possible.
The main symptoms of this condition include noise not only in the ears, but also in the head, loss of consciousness, there is a possibility of numbness in the limbs. There is a feeling of strong pressure not only on the skull, but also in the nose. The patient experiences pain in the neck region (it has a pulsating character), which manifests itself in both hypertension and the development of vertebrobasilar syndrome.
A variety of causes can provoke a pulsating pain in the neck. Most often, this symptom occurs as a result of the presence of acute colds, which are infectious in nature - for example, antritis or meningitis, as well as in angle-closure glaucoma. In some cases, this type of pain occurs due to severe optic nerve overload.
This phenomenon can be triggered by the use of glasses that have the wrong diopter. To get rid of pain, you just need to contact an ophthalmologist, who will prescribe the correct diopter glasses.
In some cases, temporal arthritis can also trigger this type of pain. The development of this disease occurs as a result of serious injury or is of a chronic nature, which was caused by a previous inflammatory process. In the case of manifestation of the disease appears not only pain in the back of the head, but also a feeling of stiffness in the temple, resulting in a disturbed feeling of noise while moving the lower jaw. As a result, the patient is experiencing not just discomfort, but severe pain.
How to remove pain?
- First of all, the definition of the types of headache treatment will be carried out with the complete elimination of the main reasons that provoked the indisposition. If there was a neck injury, then, without fail, it will be fixed using a special orthopedic collar. By reducing the movement of the head, the process of natural healing begins, as well as accelerated recovery.
- If a headache in the back of the head appears as a result of muscle tightening, which can occur for various reasons, then a massage course is prescribed as a treatment. You need at least 10 sessions of massage, not only the neck, but also the upper back. During the procedure, various heating oils may be used, as well as those oils that contain menthol.
- With strong headaches, physiotherapy also helps. Electrophoresis is used to increase blood flow to the tight muscles, which helps to increase the flow of lactic acid.
- If headaches in the neck area were triggered by the development of cervical osteochondrosis, then treatment will be based on the use of physical therapy, and the patient is prescribed vitamins, which include calcium. To quickly remove unpleasant painful sensations, you can apply special ointments that have a warming effect, since they help to increase blood flow to the muscles, and the patient's well-being is greatly facilitated.
- Regardless of the exact reason that provoked the development of severe pains in the occiput area, you need to seek medical help and refuse self-treatment, otherwise there is a risk only to aggravate your own condition. First of all, you will need to visit a therapist who will conduct a primary examination (in almost all cases, an x-ray examination of the cervical vertebra is prescribed), then treatment will be prescribed.
The best advice is to always follow the state of your own health, try not to catch cold and not be in drafts for a long time. If you have to stay in one position for a long time (for example, while working at a computer), then regularly take small breaks and warm-ups to relieve tension from the muscles and prevent the development of stagnant phenomena.