Along with the official medicine, the treatment with medicinal plants is very popular. Such methods have been known since ancient times, and our ancestors successfully used various medicinal herbs. The most popular are chamomile, sage, coltsfoot and, of course, hawthorn. There are a huge number of hawthorn species, but 3 species are the most important for medicine - blood-red, spiny and five-pedigree.
Hawthorn: what to use?
Use hawthorn can with heart palpitations, high blood pressure. Its positive effect on the cardiovascular system was proven back in the 19th century. Hawthorn sedative (sedative) effect on the central nervous system (central nervous system). Some doctors advise the use of hawthorn preparations to stop the pain of stenocardia.
It is also used as a prophylactic agent to improve blood circulation in the vessels of the brain and heart. In addition, excellent results can be achieved in the prevention of atherosclerosis. For women of menopause, hawthorn can be recommended to improve well-being.
A significant advantage of treatment with this plant is the absence of toxic effects, even with prolonged intake and storage of the drug. This property allows you to assign hawthorn to persons with impaired renal function.
The drugs are able to selectively expand the coronary vessels, reduce the excitation of the nervous system. All of these factors contribute to improving the oxygen supply to the brain and heart.
Also, hawthorn is appointed for the speedy and easy recovery after a long illness, because in itself it contains a huge amount of vitamins, essential acids and important trace elements.
Hawthorn tincture: application
- Hawthorn tincture is one of the most popular phytopreparations. The tincture is recommended for endocrine system pathology, cardiac rhythm disorders, hypertension and heart failure. Simply put, the tool is most preferable to use in various pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
- The best part was that the drug showed itself when it was prescribed to patients who had a heart attack. In combination with proper nutrition, day regimen and proper distribution of physical exertion, patients recover much faster.
- Hawthorn tincture may act as a sedative drug. Doctors often advise using it in combination with other herbal preparations, for example, to mix hawthorn tincture and valerian in a 1: 1 ratio.
- This combination of herbal remedies can also be prescribed for various edemas, to stimulate the kidneys and to remove excess fluid from the body.
- According to some studies, in addition to a positive impact on the work of the cardiac system, hawthorn tincture can enhance the work of immunity, improve the composition of blood, and more. other
Hawthorn fruit: application
Fruits of hawthorn can also be considered a phytodrug, which has indications almost similar to tincture to use - with menopausal syndrome, as sedative. The main indication - some diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
The hawthorn fruit contains flavonoids, organic acids, including essential, also tannins, fatty oils, a lot of vitamins, sugar, etc. They can reduce the excitability of the central nervous system and heart muscle, eliminate dizziness. Fruits can have an antispasmodic effect, selectively expanding the vessels of the heart and brain, contributing to a better supply of oxygen to these tissues.
The product contains ursolic acid, which is quite rare in nature, but at the same time represents a great value for the human body. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and vasodilating action. At the moment, studies are being conducted on the topic: the value of ursolic acid in the antitumor process. Hawthorn fruits can also be used for some liver diseases, since they have a choleretic effect.
The fruits of the plant are used not only in medicine, but also in cooking. Of these, you can make delicious and healthy jams, compotes, marshmallow, and more. other food. In addition, mature fruits can be successfully used in cosmetology. For example, mix with honey and make a mask, after which the skin becomes elastic, by toning up the work of blood vessels.
Hawthorn Treatment: Recipes
- For the treatment of atherosclerosis, angina, and to reduce cholesterol, you can use the fruits of hawthorn. 1 tbsp. l fruits must be crushed and brew 1 tbsp. boiling water, boil down to half the volume without a strong boil over low heat. It is necessary to take broth with an incomplete teaspoon 3 times a day, before meals. The course of treatment should be 3-4 months.
- In the treatment of hypertension, you can also use the fruits of hawthorn, which must be filled with 1 tbsp. boiling water, but do not boil, but simply insist for a couple of hours in a warm place, for example in the oven. After the time, it is necessary to strain the solution and press 1 to 2 tbsp. 3 - 4 times a day.
- Calm down and relieve tension will help 1 tbsp. l dry hawthorn fruit, pre-brewed 1st. boiling water. With constant dizziness, asphyxiation, especially in the elderly, hawthorn fruits and flowers will help. Components must be mixed in equal shares, and 1 tbsp. l mix pour 1 tbsp. boiling water. To prepare such a tool will need 3 times a day, take half an hour before meals.
Despite the huge number of positive effects when using hawthorn as a drug for the treatment and prevention of diseases, there may be contraindications. For these reasons, you should consult a specialist before use.
Herbal medicine is an ancient method of medicine that people have been using for a long time. There are plants that are the undisputed leaders in herbal medicine, for example, hawthorn. Usually use the tincture or the fruits of this plant. First of all, it is used to treat diseases of the cardiovascular system and as a sedative.