Among the supporters of the treatment with natural remedies, hawthorn tincture is very popular. The benefits (and in some cases harm) of this drug are recognized by representatives of official medicine. Many diseases, including quite dangerous ones, can be eliminated or significantly alleviated with the help of this plant, infused with alcohol or water.
The leaves and fruits of hawthorn contain a large number of substances that have a beneficial effect on the human body: biogenic and oligomeric amines, flavonoids, vitamins and minerals. The therapeutic effect of tinctures from such raw materials was seen before the establishment of the chemical composition of the herb. In our time, the benefits of this medication have been confirmed by scientific research and positive changes in the condition of numerous patients.
What ailments are afraid of hawthorn?
The widespread use of hawthorn tincture is based on the fact that this medicinal plant has the following properties:
- stimulates the heart, optimizing the strength and amplitude of contractions of this vital organ;
- lowers blood pressure;
- improves blood circulation, especially in the vessels of the heart and brain;
- acts as an antispasmodic;
- stops inflammatory processes;
- prevents the formation of tumors;
- calms and normalizes the emotional state;
- eliminates endocrine dysfunction;
- lowers blood sugar levels;
- inhibits excessive appetite.
Indications indicating the feasibility of taking hawthorn tincture are:
- slight heart rhythm disorder;
- heart palpitations;
- malfunctions in the functioning of the cardiovascular system;
- high blood pressure;
- binge eating;
- neuroses and nervous disorders associated with overstrain, stressful situations, menopause;
- excess of hormones produced by the thyroid gland.
Dosage depends on the problem
To achieve good results, you need to remember how to take hawthorn tincture for each specific disease:
- nervousness, sleep disturbances, overwork and headaches - 35 drops;
- cardiovascular diseases - 40 drops;
- endocrine dysfunction and menopause - 35-40 drops;
- hypertension - 30 drops;
- diabetes - 25 drops;
- increased appetite - 20 drops.
The drug is taken three times a day half an hour before meals for 3-4 weeks. Curative droplets should be washed down with a small amount of water.
Boyar-grass can be dangerous
Before treatment with hawthorn tincture, doctors recommend that you carefully read the instructions for use. People who neglect this advice are at risk of worsening their health. Despite the undoubted benefit of alcoholic hawthorn tincture, it will cause harm due to the alcohol content:
- children under 12;
- people driving a vehicle or other serious mechanism;
- employees whose profession is related to the need for great concentration of attention.
Of course, hawthorn can insist not on alcohol, but on water. But this plant is still harmless, not for everyone. To abandon drugs based on it should:-
- allergic to this herb;
- women expecting a baby and breastfeeding;
- patients with hypotension and heart disease;
- for the treatment of children who are not 3 years old.
With tachycardias and atrial fibrillation, treatment will have to be reduced to avoid unpleasant consequences. In addition, it is not necessary to allow overdose, otherwise blood pressure can drop sharply.
Does the plant really heal?
Judging by the reviews, our contemporaries, who have decided to use this rather ancient medicine, are mostly satisfied. They say that through the use of hawthorn tincture in accordance with the indications for use they managed to get rid of:
- nervous breakdowns and emotional outbursts;
- shortness of breath;
- frequent migraines;
- heart attacks and high blood pressure;
- anxiety during menopause;
- constant desire to eat, leading to the problem of excess weight.
In addition, during a medical examination, it turned out that the heart rate and hormonal levels returned to normal. Many people believe that this remedy protects them from cancer and insulin dependence.
At the same time, some users share in their reviews not successes, but disappointment due to the fact that hawthorn tincture did not help them to heal the severe damage to the heart and blood vessels. It should be noted that in such diseases this drug is an auxiliary and not the primary means.
Home tincture is not worse than the pharmacy
If there is an opportunity to collect flowers and hawthorn fruits, you can prepare the tincture yourself.
- Take 4 tbsp. l flowers plants.
- Pour raw materials with 200 ml of 70% ethanol.
- Insist on for 10 days.
If you want to use the berries, take 1 tbsp. product and keep the day in the same amount of alcohol. On the water, the decoction of the plant also insists the whole day in such proportions: 30 g of fruit - 200 ml or 40 g of flowers - 400 ml.
Hawthorn tincture is popular for its unique healing qualities. With this simple tool, many people - both in the old days and now - were able to defeat the diseases associated with impaired functioning of the heart, the endocrine and nervous systems, and also to find emotional balance. Consider the benefits and harms of this drug, and if there are no contraindications, add hawthorn tincture to your first aid kit - it will come in handy!