Spinal hernia is a very serious disease that requires compliance with all the methods of treatment prescribed by your doctor.Gymnastics with spinal hernia helps to cope with the disease and alleviate the overall condition, and together with swimming she is able to quickly cope with the effects of vertebral hernia. Its performance can improve spinal mobility, give elasticity to tissues, improve blood circulation, stretch joints, reduce pain.
The main complex of gymnastics includes exercises such as lifting bent and straight legs, pelvis, working with the back muscles and abdominals, turning the body. Before you start gymnastics with hernia of the spine, be sure to consult with your doctor.
Therapeutic gymnastics for intervertebral hernia
Before doing the gymnastics do some warm-up exercises. Take a deep breath 2 times. Raise your shoulders up and lower them. Make several circular movements with your shoulders. Turn your head to the right and left, make up and down movement with your hands. Walk around and take two deep breaths in and out again.
- Take a supine position and find a support to hold on to. Begin to raise your legs at a right angle, dropping, do not touch the floor with them. Exhale with every lift. Repeat 5 times.
- Lying pull your knees to your chest, arms spread to the sides and, holding them, roll right and left.
- Roll on your stomach, put your hands in front of you. Do the movements with straight legs, crossing them. Then spread your arms to the sides, inhale and lift your upper body, exhale and lower it.
- Sit on the floor, place your hands behind to rest on the floor. Swing your legs in the shape of a scissors. After that, bend your legs at the knees, pull up to your chest and straighten.
Gymnastics with hernia of the thoracic spine
- Sit on a chair with a straight back, put your hands on the back of your head and bend back so that the spine is pressed against the upper back of the chair. Reach back and lean forward 3 p.
- Sit on the edge of the chair, the upper part of the chest should rest on the back of the chair, its upper edge. Fold back and tilt forward. Bending back, inhale, leaning forward, exhale. Repeat 4 p.
- Lie on your back. Under the back, where the thoracic spine is located, place a hard cushion with a diameter of 12 cm. Keep your hands behind your head. Cave in, inhale, after raising the upper part of the body and exhale. Repeating exercise 4 p., Move the roller along the spine.
- Sit down and wrap the bottom of the breast with a towel. Take hold of the free ends with your hands. Taking a deep breath and exhale, pull off the towel. While breathing in, loosen the tension of the towel. Repeat 8 p.
Therapeutic gymnastics for spinal hernia
Starting to practice therapeutic gymnastics, remember that the number of repetitions and the exercises themselves should be increased gradually. Everything exercises need to be performed slowly, trying not to make sudden movements. The number of repetitions - 3, gradually increase to 10.
- Start gymnastics with push-ups from the chair, first leaning on your knees. The number of pushups 4 to 2 sets. The frequency of classes - every other day.
- After lying on your stomach, stretch your arms to the sides. After 10 seconds, turn left, then right. After lift your legs, but not high.
- Now roll onto your back, clasp your hands behind your head, bend your legs at the knees, put your legs on the chair or put your feet on the floor. Bend the upper body, slightly raising the shoulder blades. Chin should be pressed to the chest.
- Now, continuing to lie on the floor, bend your legs at the knees, feet do not tear off the floor. Extend your buttocks and raise the hips above the floor.
- Lying on your back, put your right foot on your left knee, and hold your hands behind your head. Right elbow stretch to the left knee. Then change the position of the legs and stretch the left elbow to the right knee.
- Then stand on all fours and walk, stretching the step as much as possible.
- Rise, stand straight, legs - shoulder-width apart, put your hands on your hips. Tilt to the right, then left. The body does not reject. Now stand straight and slowly turn the torso in the belt, first to the left, then to the right.
Gymnastics with lumbar hernia
This gymnastics complex is aimed at the prevention and treatment of lumbar spine hernia.
- Take a starting position while lying on your back, stretch your arms along the body, bend your legs slightly. Tighten the abdominal muscles without holding your breath. Repeat 12 times.
- Lying on your back, arms along the body, legs stretch out. Now raise your upper body, keep your legs on the floor all the time. Keep the position for 10 seconds, then slowly return to the original. Rest 10 seconds and repeat 8 more times.
- Bend your legs again, stretch your right hand forward, and lay your hand on your left knee. Bend your left leg, resting your right hand on the knee, so that the foot does not come close to the head. Exercise do 10 with. Take rest 15 seconds and repeat 6 more times. Then change your position, putting your left hand on your right knee. Repeat everything again 6 times. While resting between repetitions, lie down on your back, completely relaxing.
Therapeutic gymnastics is an excellent means of promoting the treatment and prevention of spinal hernia. When performing it, it is very important that the exercises do not cause pain and are performed without any special difficulties, and the regularity of exercises is equally important for getting results. Gymnastics are most effective in hernia of the spine during the recovery period, it trains the back muscles, increases their activity, strengthens the immune system, which speeds up the healing process.
See also:How to treat spinal protrusion?
In the period of the acute stage of the disease, gymnastics should be performed with maximum caution and should stop immediately if severe pain occurs, since there is a risk of deterioration. Therapeutic gymnastics for spinal hernia should be carried out only after consulting a doctor and with full approval of all the proposed exercises.