Have you ever had such a thing - you brush your teeth in the morning and suddenly you see blood in the sink? First thought: probably the brush is too hard. Or maybe they just overdid it and pressed the brush too hard, injuring the gum. It is easy to check. Take a solid apple and bite. Are there traces of blood on it? Here is a topic for conversation. If gums are bleeding, what should I do at home?
Why do gums "get sick"?
Immediately calm down especially impressionable women: the appearance of blood from the gums is a fairly common phenomenon. The problem is unpleasant, but if you pay attention to it in time, you can quickly fix it. Bleeding is not a disease, but a consequence of the influence of many factors. Treatment will be determined by the causes that caused the inflammation:
- The most common cause is tartar or gingivitis. It appears from the plaque on the teeth. Plaque accumulates at the base of the teeth and, compacted, forms a stone. The gums are separated from the teeth, blood appears in the gaps that form. If you do not deal with gingivitis in a timely manner, you can lose your teeth.
- Changes in hormonal levels, causing a decrease in blood clotting, lead to bleeding gums. For example, this happens in adolescents during puberty or in pregnant women.
- The next reason is avitaminosis. Especially critical is the lack of vitamin C.
- More serious causes of bleeding can be diseases such as diabetes, hemophilia, leukemia, or other disturbances in the functioning of the body. Also the cause may be a long medication. In any case, with long-term bleeding gums need to be examined.
- The reason for the appearance of blood in the mouth can be an incorrectly selected toothbrush or thread. When buying a dental care product, carefully read the inscriptions on the package or consult a dentist.
Bleeding gums and bad breath - what to do at home?
Having found out the causes of inflammation, you can proceed to the question of how to treat bleeding gums. If the blood from the gums is not caused by serious diseases, then it is quite possible to cope with this ailment at home.
When treating a house, a positive and quick result can be achieved through an integrated approach to correcting the problem. This means that you need to use different tools and methods, such as:
- treatment of inflammation with the help of modern pharmacological agents;
- the use of special anti-inflammatory pastes and gels;
- treatment with traditional medicine;
- vitamin diet and proper nutrition;
- prevention of inflammation using therapeutic hygiene products.
What toothpastes can be used for treatment?
For the treatment of bleeding gums pick pastes, which contain anti-inflammatory, painkillers and healing components. In this regard, the most suitable toothpastes are:
- Lacalut Aktiv or Lacalut Fitoformula. They have all the necessary properties, in addition to strengthen the tooth enamel and prevent tooth decay. Their composition contains such active substances as aluminum lactate, allantoins, fluorides, chlorhexidine, etc.
- Parodontax or Parodontax Fluoride. They do not incorporate antibiotics and synthetic antiseptics. The therapeutic effect is achieved due to the content of mineral salts, zinc citrate and herbal extracts.
How to treat folk methods?
Traditional medicine offers decoctions, tinctures, freshly squeezed juices from berries or vegetables and other similar means. This whole arsenal is used both for internal use and for rinsing. For example, to replenish the missing vitamin reserve you need to drink half a glass of freshly squeezed juice from a tomato or lemon daily. Also suitable brine from under sauerkraut.
For rinsing when bleeding gums use such remedies from herbs:
- Sage - copes with inflammation, relieves swelling and pain. A decoction of just two tablespoons of herbs in a glass of water is suitable for daily rinsing.
- Oak bark - will provide astringent and anti-inflammatory effect. The broth is prepared from one tablespoon of crushed bark in 250 ml of water. Gums should be rinsed daily for 14 days.
- Chamomile flowers. A decoction of them will destroy germs and heal bleeding wounds. For the preparation will need two large spoons of vegetable raw materials and 250 ml of boiling water. Rinse your mouth twice a day.
In addition to herbal remedies, rinsing with a solution of sea salt is also used: 1 tbsp. l salt needs to be dissolved in 250 ml of water and rinsing the gums after breakfast and dinner.
Not very pleasant smell from the mouth will help eliminate anise. It has both anti-inflammatory and bactericidal action: 2 tsp. Anise seeds should be brewed in 250 ml of boiling water, infused and drained, and then rinse your mouth and throat after each meal.
Additional therapeutic measures
To recover from bleeding gums, not quite traditional methods are also used. This treatment is hydrogen peroxide. This tool can be used both internally and to wipe the gums:
- For internal administration, an aqueous solution of 3% peroxide is prepared in a ratio from 1 to 10 drops to 50 ml of water. The number of drops should be increased gradually. Drink before meals three times a day.
- To wipe the gums, peroxide is used without diluting with water. Wipe clean and gums, and teeth, thereby eliminating plaque.
In conclusion, I would like to present a few simple rules for the prevention of bleeding gums:
- do not use hard bristles for brushing;
- the teeth brushing procedure both in the morning and in the evening should be thorough, lasting up to three minutes;
- use anti-inflammatory mouth rinses;
- stop smoking;
- Include fresh, vitamin-rich foods in your daily menu.
Watch the health of your gums and teeth carefully and provide them with the right care. And do not forget every six months for preventive purposes to visit the dentist. Be healthy!