Language is the organ of touch through which we can enjoy food. But not only: by its color, you can determine whether a person is healthy or not. Green plaque on the tongue indicates violations in the body. If you notice such an amazing color and could not remove it with a toothbrush and toothpaste, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Since this organ is actively involved in the work of the digestive system, most often due to failures it is in it that a green coating appears on the tongue. However, the reasons may be completely different:
- hepatitis or HIV infection;
- severe gastrointestinal ailments (gastric ulcer, gastritis), diseases of the gallbladder and lungs;
- smoking, alcohol and drug use;
- fungal disease, the most common of which is thrush;
- dysbacteriosis. Green plaque on the tongue in a child and an adult is sometimes evidence of a violation of intestinal microflora, leading to diarrhea or constipation;
- vitamin deficiency in the body, which has arisen due to poor nutrition;
- reduced immunity;
- reaction to the product with coloring pigment;
- love of spicy and salty foods;
As you can see, the "provocateurs" of the appearance of green bloom in the language are numerous. Each of them requires careful examination and detailed analysis.
Varieties of green plaque and their diagnosis
Even before the appointment of a full examination, the doctor examines the patient’s tongue with a medical spatula. To increase the taste buds, the relief on the surface of the organ, the localization and the thickness of the plaque, an experienced doctor can conclude that he may be responsible.
In addition, there are several varieties depending on the shades, despite the fact that the primary color is still preserved.
- Yellow-green plaque on the tongue most often indicates that a person suffers from diseases of the liver, biliary tract or lungs. Sometimes this phenomenon is observed in respiratory diseases, but in these cases quickly passes with frequent rinsing of the oral cavity. Smokers may also notice that their tongue becomes yellow-green. This is a "bell" that you need to limit the number of cigarettes or stop smoking altogether.
- Gray-green plaque eloquently warns of serious problems with the digestive tract. The doctor will not guess about the specific diagnosis and send the patient to undergo a full examination.
- Pale green plaque without other pronounced signs is a variant of the norm. However, if it is accompanied by temperature, then most likely the reason was the prolonged absence of stool. In addition, you need to pay attention to the location of the painted area: at the root of the tongue - the organs of the digestive system suffer, on the sides - the lungs or kidneys are affected.
- Dark green plaque is the most alarming sign, indicating the presence of serious diseases of the bile ducts, bladder, pancreas, adrenal glands. It is also possible with dehydration and one of the most frightening diseases for humanity - cholera.
In the case when the diagnosis is made without additional examination, the doctor prescribes a treatment that will quickly resolve the problem. Otherwise, you will need to re-take your doctor to determine which drugs will be needed in a particular case. If no very serious pathology is found, a number of drugs are used to treat a green tint:
- in the case of diseases of the digestive system and fungal diseases, medications that improve the microflora of the stomach and intestines will help. These include, in particular, Bifidum bacterin, Atsipol and Linex;
- mouth inflammations (Forest Balsam, Listerine) or products containing chlorhexidine are perfect for inflammations of the oral mucosa and the tongue itself;
- antibiotics often cause a green plaque, but when they are replaced with more modern ones, Ceftriaxone or Azithromycin, the undesired “color” effect disappears;
- Hepatoprotectors (Essentiale, Hepatosol, or Karsil) will help with diseases of the gallbladder and liver to help cleanse it.
There are many popular recipes that, by simply rinsing and wiping the tongue with a cotton or gauze pad, will help speed up the deliverance from an unpleasant problem:
- soda-saline solution. On a glass of warm water you need to add half a teaspoon of both ingredients;
- herbal decoctions with mint, chamomile, hunter, plantain. Pour the components with a glass of hot water and leave to cool for 20 minutes;
- alcohol tincture of oak bark. Add a teaspoon to a glass of warm water.
It is enough to rinse your mouth for 2 hours a day, combining this with medication, and in no more than a week everything will pass.
Simple folk methods work only in the most simple cases. If the green color is not in a hurry to leave the surface of the organ of speech, you should not engage in self-diagnosis and self-treatment. Entrust your green tongue to the professionals: this is a much simpler and shorter way to return to his normal appearance.