Sometimes balanced according to the rules of the diet not only does not bring benefits, but also causes various disturbances in the body. One of the reasons may be gluten intolerance. This feature is due to a genetic factor. If available, you need to know what gluten is, what foods it contains, and what kind of diet is necessary for a full life.
Eat to live
Gluten is a complex protein found in many foods. Intolerance of a substance arises due to the fact that the body does not produce enzymes that break it down. The disease is called celiac disease and requires adherence to a strict gluten-free diet.
Products containing gluten
- Baked goods are the richest in gluten since it is contained in flour.
- The cereals that make up the drinks (kvass, beer) make their use impossible.
- Wheat starch is added to yogurts, cocktails, ice cream.
- Gluten in sufficiently large quantities contained in sausage, sausages.
- Sauces, mayonnaise, syrups fall into the list of forbidden products.
- A small amount is contained in milk chocolate, but even such a small dosage is enough to harm the body.
- Both children and adults will have to eliminate from the diet the semolina, oatmeal, pearl barley and dishes from them.
- Dry and condensed milk is also included in the banned list.
Products shown in a gluten-free diet:
- meat (without skin);
- greens, vegetables, fruits;
- oil - vegetable and cream;
- various nuts;
- cereals: corn, buckwheat, millet, rice.
Modern supermarkets offer a fairly wide range of products from which gluten is deliberately excluded. Therefore, people with certain restrictions are not deprived of the opportunity to eat tasty and varied.
Gluten: good or bad?
An educated person should know that it is gluten and why it is harmful. Since this protein has a rather complex structure, without special enzymes, it does not properly split in the body, gradually accumulating in the intestine. Protein molecules damage the mucous and villi. The remaining products are poorly absorbed by the body, there is discomfort, flatulence, problems with the stool and liver. As the digestion as a whole is disturbed, avitaminosis makes itself felt known by high fatigue, pains of various origins, skin problems, and nervous disorders. In addition, the immune system, finding the "enemy", seeks to get rid of him, fighting with his own body.
About one in 100 people suffer from gluten intolerance. This is not so little, but in order to make a diagnosis with certainty, a patient with suspected celiac disease must do an immunological test.
For a healthy person, the benefits and harms of gluten are relative concepts. There is no direct danger, but food that contains gluten — baked goods, fast food, sausages, caps, etc. — can hardly be called healthy. By rejecting it or at least reducing its consumption, a person will help his body become stronger, healthier, stronger.
Allergy to gluten: what you need to know?
As a result of protein intolerance, gluten allergy occurs - gluten enteropathy. If the disease is inherited and is found in childhood, then it is a congenital allergy. If intolerance occurs as a result of the disease, then it is acquired.
A person who is intolerant to this protein and the food containing it must clearly know which products contain gluten and avoid them in every possible way. Do not assume that life has failed. A diet that implies a healthy diet will only benefit the body.