How often do you have heartburn, bloating, nausea, lack of appetite, does your stomach hurt? Or maybe you suffer from constipation? In this case, the advice is simple: go to a gastroenterologist, perhaps you have a peptic ulcer.
Every tenth citizen of our country suffers from stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers. These are mainly young and middle-aged working people. But it happens that the disease affects teenagers and children.
It is said that most ulcers live from spring to autumn and from autumn to spring. In these seasons, their symptoms are exacerbated. To avoid this, you need to learn how to eat right. Not because the diet requires it, but because the diseased gastrointestinal tract cannot cope with the heavy, traditional cuisine. By eating what a healthy person prefers, you will feel discomfort, and the treatment time will be significantly longer.
Period of exacerbation
- Diet for gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer during the period of exacerbation recommends drinking a lot of warm, but not hot drinks. Weak tea, especially green, boiled water, irrigation liquid "tourrol", which is sold in pharmacies without a prescription, as well as mineral medicinal waters, are shown. Be sure to drink between meals or before meals. Never immediately after a meal.
- You need to eat 6-10 times a day. Meals should be light and fairly meager. Overeating creates an unnecessary burden on the gastrointestinal tract. All dishes should be well cooked, be soft, so as not to irritate the gastric mucosa, not to make produce more gastric juice and facilitate the absorption of nutrients.
- We recommend mashed potatoes or potatoes - vegetable, cooked and ground veal, marmalade, jelly, jelly, pureed low-fat vegetable soups with small grains of millet or semolina. Dishes should be without spices, as they increase the secretion of gastric juice. Do not eat raw vegetables and fruits. Compote fruit and peeled apples are best suited. From bread the best are - stale bread.
- You can not drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes. Alcohol irritates the mucous membrane, nicotine adversely affects the blood supply to the stomach and duodenum.
- Use vitamin-mineral preparations in the amount prescribed by the doctor (but never effervescent).
Recommended recipes for ulcers of the stomach and duodenum: semolina porridge in milk (2% fat), beef, boiled poultry meat, veal meatballs, etc.
Gastric ulcer - a period of pain relief
- Try to eat in small portions, but often - ideally every 2-3 hours.
- Very carefully enter into the diet raw fruits and vegetables. Start with a small piece, such as an apple. If you feel discomfort, bake them.
- You can start eating meat, but only good quality. Best lean fillet baked in foil. If you want fish, cook aspic.
- Try using a little seasoning (basil, tarragon, lemon balm, dill, parsley).
- For dessert, you can eat stale loaf (fresh pastries often cause flatulence). A small amount of sugar, real honey, homemade jam or jam will not interfere either.
- Without restrictions, you can eat dairy products - preferably in the form of cottage cheese, yogurt, yogurt or kefir.
Among the dishes and products that are prohibited for people suffering from stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers, we can distinguish the following:
- rye bread and pastry from wholemeal flour,
- pancakes, pisilli pies,
- fatty soups,
- fried meat and fish,
- marinated or deep-fried dishes
- smoked products,
- ready sauces,
- sour cream and margarine,
- cruciferous vegetables, radishes, legumes (with the exception of degassed beans),
- seasonings and marinades,
- creams, cakes,
- strong coffee and tea
- all-carbonated drinks
- fruit juice undiluted
- chocolates candies.
Herbal medicine for ulcers
Treatment of ulcers should be left to the discretion of the physician. Nevertheless, having coordinated with it, you can use folk remedies at a stomach ulcer and a duodenum.
- In the case of spasmodic pain, the use of very warm mud compresses and flaxseed is effective.
- Attacks of pain prevents juice from fresh potatoes. It is recommended to drink 1 tbsp. before every meal. Potatoes like belladonna, dope and henbane are one of the plants of the nightshade, as they contain a compound that acts as a relaxant. The biologically active substance is found only in raw potatoes, is destroyed during cooking.
- It has a spasmolytic effect, alleviates the symptoms of licorice ulcer. To prepare the infusion is better to use herbs, bought in herbal stores and pharmacies. There are also preparations containing licorice, it is syrups, pastilles and sweets. Licorice should not be used by persons suffering from hypertension and pregnant women. This can lead to the accumulation of excess water in the body, leading to an increase in blood pressure.
Ulcer: Only Facts
- Every 10th citizen suffers from gastric and duodenal ulcers.
- 80% of citizens are carriers of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori. Most of them are young people.
- Men get sick 3 times more often.
- Peptic ulcer disease is exacerbated in spring and autumn (due to the fact that at this time the bacteria Helicobacter Pylori are particularly active and ready to reproduce)
Gastric and duodenal ulcers - diseases that are accompanied by significant pain syndrome. In addition, they can lead to serious consequences, for example, perforation, which can only be removed by surgery. But these ailments, along with this, respond well to treatment. And with the right lifestyle and diet, you can forget about the disease for a long time.