Sore throat often becomes the cause of bad mood and cessation of an active lifestyle. To avoid such troubles, you need to gargle. Soda, salt and iodine, combined in the required proportions, are the best components for a simple and effective remedy for laryngeal inflammation, which is not inferior to expensive pharmaceutical preparations.
Normal table salt does not allow the intensive reproduction of harmful bacteria, and also restores damaged tissue. Adding soda to the spice enriches the mixture with antifungal effects: in particular, tonsils are cleaned from fungal colonies. An integral part of the therapeutic compound is iodine, which perfectly disinfects, dries and heals wounds.
Home Pharmacy: Preparing Throat Rinse
During the preparation of any medicinal product it is very important to observe the proportions of ingredients indicated in the recipe. So that gargling with soda, salt and iodine is beneficial, do not neglect this rule.
Salt, soda and iodine solution
- Take 1 tbsp. warm boiled water.
- Put in water for ½ tsp. soda and salt.
- Add 2 drops of iodine to the liquid.
- Wait until all substances are completely dissolved.
- On the first day of illness, gargle with this solution every hour, then gradually reduce the procedure to 3 times a day.
If desired, you can replace the kitchen salt sea. In this case, there is no need for additional addition of iodine: the agent will still be iodized.
- In 250 ml of warm water dissolve 1 tsp. sea salt.
- Add to the rinse 0, 5 tsp. baking soda.
- Stir the composition so that there are no crystals or sediment in the liquid.
- Use the drug at least 6 times a day.
Properties of the drug are enhanced if you cook it according to a more concentrated recipe. But this solution can be used no more than 2-3 times a day.
Iodized solution with salt and soda
- 1 tbsp. warm boiled water, place 1 tbsp. l salt and 1 tsp. soda
- Enrich the agent with 3-4 drops of iodine.
- All components mix.
An effective remedy, but not a panacea
Such solutions are used in the complex treatment of many diseases of the upper respiratory tract:
But be careful - iodine will have to be excluded from the prescription if the patient has:
- chronic atrophic pharyngitis;
- excess iodine in the body;
- nephritis or kidney failure;
- hemorrhagic diathesis;
- age up to 3 years;
Soda-salt compound can not gargle those who:
- a stomach or intestinal ulcer;
- disorders of the heart;
- first trimester of pregnancy.
You should also abandon this rinse, if you are allergic to any of its components.
5 golden rinsing rules
- Do not use cold water (it will aggravate the disease) or hot water, which can burn the mucous membrane of the throat.
- During the procedure, repeat the sound "s" so that the tongue does not interfere with the medication to get to the foci of infection.
- Try not to swallow the liquid.
- Gargle for about 5-7 minutes, dividing the process into a series of rinses of 30 seconds.
- After the procedure, do not drink or eat for half an hour.
To stop the development of the disease, you can gargle with soda, salt and iodine. If you prepare the composition, respecting the proportions and carry out the procedure according to the recommendations of the doctors, a positive result is visible the next day. Carefully read the list of indications and contraindications to the use of this tool - and do not neglect the home remedies, proven experience of many generations.