Millions of women around the world are familiar with urinary tract infection. Frequent urging to the toilet, difficulties with urination and endless pulling pain in the lower abdomen do not bring joy. Taking antibiotics is not the only way to deal with such symptoms. Folk remedies for cystitis in women also show good results.
Two sides of the same coin
Why is cystitis most often affects the female part of the population? This is because women have a much shorter urinary tract than men. In addition, women do not have physiological protection in the form of prostate secretion, which allows bacteria to have easy access to the urethra. From a medical point of view, the disease is divided into two groups. Consider them.
At this stage, there are frequent urges to the toilet and painful urination, sometimes urine may be cloudy due to the discharge of pus from the genitals. In extremely severe cases, small blood clots can be observed in the urine. The cause of acute cystitis often becomes a sharp overcooling of the body, reducing its protective functions as a result of stress or severe physical exhaustion.
Cystitis in the chronic stage of development
A previously underestimated problem can lead to chronic cystitis. Most often, this disease is accompanied by other pathologies of the urinary system. The main symptoms are similar to the acute form, but in addition to them, an increased body temperature usually comes. During periods of rest, signs may be virtually absent or less pronounced. Remember that the treatment of chronic cystitis in women folk remedies should not be contrary to traditional medicine.
Herbal medicine comes to the rescue
If you want traditional medicine recipes for cystitis, you can find an uncountable number. But be prepared for the fact that, unlike traditional medicines, such methods will require long-term treatment. Thus, in acute forms, the process of complete recovery will take about two to three weeks, and for the treatment of the chronic stage, additional repeated courses will be needed.
Folk remedies for cystitis in women suggest the treatment of soda, vinegar and various herbs and collections of medicinal plants, such as parsley, dill, horsetail, valerian, chamomile, tenacious bedcloth and many others. We offer you several recipes to choose from.
We benefit from the seeds of dill
Be careful: decoctions and infusions based on dill are not recommended for people with low blood pressure, gall bladder diseases and individual intolerance to the plant.
- 1 tbsp. l dill seeds;
- 1 tbsp. water.
Preparation and use:
- Dry fennel seeds grind in a mortar or grind in a coffee grinder. Then pour boiling water over it.
- Now build a dough on the stove and boil the dill liquid for about 10-15 minutes.
- After that, the broth is filtered through a fine sieve.
- Ready pure infusion take one and a half glasses 3-4 times a day for two weeks.
Wheat groats are not only porridge
- about 1 kg of millet;
- 1-2 liters of water.
Preparation and use:
- To get started, find a clean three-liter jar or similar glassware.
- Pour millet on the bottom of the can so that the croup takes exactly half the volume.
- Top with boiling water over the neck and cover the vessel with a lid.
- Wrap the container with a warm blanket or towel, and then clean in a dark place for 24 hours.
- The next day, we filter the liquid through gauze, and the infusion itself is used for half a cup twice a day.
Try bearberry leaves
Just like dill, bearberry does not belong to the category of harmless medicinal plants. Take with caution infusions based on it or replace them with analogues if you have problems with the kidneys. It is not recommended to give such a tool and young children, as well as pregnant women.
- 1 tbsp. l bearberry;
- 1 tbsp. water.
Preparation and use:
- Grind the bearberry leaves in a mortar, put them in a metal dish and cover with boiling water.
- Place the container on the dough and boil for about half an hour.
- Then, the resulting broth is filtered and consumed before meals 5 times a day, not more than 1 tbsp. l
- Store the broth is recommended in the refrigerator for no longer than two weeks.
Warming compresses and baths - effective folk remedies for the treatment of cystitis in women. For example, grandmother's books recommend that in case of exacerbation of a chronic disease accompanied by high fever, a hot-water bottle made of boiled potatoes, hot bran, or onion peel should be placed on a patient's lower abdomen. Also try other recipes.
In chronic cystitis during periods of rest and without an elevated temperature, it is recommended to perform such simple manipulations:
- Take one standard red brick and split it in half.
- Then heat both halves over an open fire and place in a bucket.
- Along the edges of the bucket is covered with a thick blanket.
- We remove all underwear, gently sit on a bucket and wrap ourselves in a blanket.
- When the brick ceases to exude heat, we put on our underwear and go to sleep.
Healers claim that chronic cystitis can be cured by this method in just 3 approaches.
Tea tree oil
Everyone knows that tea tree oil has antibacterial properties. It will be useful in combating urinary tract infections:
- Mix 10 drops of essential oil with warm water and use this liquid for daily hygiene.
- In addition, you can try to mix the extract of tea tree, juniper and sandalwood oil, and then rub this mixture in the lower abdomen and in the bladder.
- Another way is to make foot baths. Mix 6 drops of tea oil in water with two tablespoons of milk, put your feet in a bowl for 10 minutes, and then put on warm wool socks. Perform the procedure at bedtime for 10 days.
Choosing treatment of cystitis with the help of folk remedies, be extremely careful. Not always such methods can replace traditional medicine and the help of a qualified specialist.