Folic acid - water soluble solution of vitamin B9, which is necessary for the body for normal growth and development of the immune system and the circulatory system. Basically, the vitamin is prescribed to pregnant women. But folic acid is no less important for the male body.
A lack of folic acid in the body can lead to serious consequences. Scientists have found that men who have low levels of this vitamin in their bodies are at risk of having an insufficient amount of chromosomes in their sperm. Subsequently, this may lead to a deviation in the development of the unborn child.
What is important folic acid for men?
- Necessary for normal blood (the formation of red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets).
- Together with vitamin B12, folic acid is needed for cell and tissue division.
- Promotes digestion, breakdown and transport of proteins. Helps to connect protein group in hemo - and myoglobin.
- Stimulates cell regeneration.
- Helps absorb amino acids and sugar.
- Folic acid is necessary for the formation of RNA and DNA, which are involved in the transmission of hereditary traits.
- Folacin, which is contained in the vitamin, prevents the development of atherosclerosis. If there is a shortage of this substance in the male body, there is a greater likelihood of atherosclerosis and megalobiliary anemia. Atherosclerosis occurs due to a metabolic disorder of sulfur-containing amino acids. This is dangerous because the body begins to produce a dangerous substance - homocysteine. The substance destroys blood vessels, leading to strokes and heart attacks.
- Vitamin is prescribed to protect against food poisoning and intestinal parasites.
- Provides healthy skin and good appetite.
- It is the prevention of ulcerative stomatitis.
- Participates in the metabolism.
- Affects the quality and quantity of sperm in the male body. With a lack of folic acid in the male body increases the likelihood of defective sperm. This leads to infertility or the birth of children with disabilities. Scientists have proved that if men include products containing this vitamin, sperm quality is significantly improved.
- Megaloblastic anemia is a disease in which the bone marrow produces poor quality red blood cells. This triggers the onset of progressive anemia, which can be fatal.
Lack of folic acid in the body of a man
A deficiency in the body of this substance may indicate serious violations, among which are the following:
- Incorrect and inadequate nutrition.
- Resection of the stomach and intestines.
- Malignant tumors.
- Liver disease.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Hemolytic anemia.
Blood levels of folic acid are reduced by drugs such as aspirin, estrogens, biseptol, anticonvulsants, etc.
What foods contain folic acid?
To increase the level of the substance in the body, you need to follow a special diet.
Experts say that 3 months before conceiving a child, men should definitely include in their diet foods containing folic acid and B vitamins..
This substance is found in large quantities in products such as:
- Dark green vegetables with leaves (spinach, lettuce, asparagus, etc.)
- Egg yolk.
- Pumpkin and carrot.
- Parsley and onions.
- Nuts, peas, buckwheat and legumes.
- Oats and barley.
- Salmon, tuna, pork, lamb, chicken.
- Milk and cheese.
- Apricots, avocados, oranges, bananas, melons, dates.
Fruits and vegetables must be eaten raw, as during heat treatment, about 90% of the nutrients are destroyed.
When you fill in the body of folic acid can not drink alcohol and take hormones.
Folic acid for men: dosage
The optimal level of folic acid in the blood - 3 - 17 ng / ml. Daily dose - 400 mg. There are drugs that contain this substance. They are available in tablets and capsules of 1 and 5 mg. Tablets in the package can be 50 and 100 pcs. The prophylactic dose of folic acid for the male body is 1 mg 1 time per day. The maximum therapeutic dosage of the drug can reach 5 mg per day.
Folic acid is simply necessary for the male body, if a man wants to leave behind a healthy and strong offspring. It is necessary for men at any age.
To feel great and not be prone to atherosclerosis and other diseases, eat foods that contain folic acid, and you will be healthy and full of energy.