Bacteria and viruses attack a person at every turn. Even banal colds face serious complications, not to mention more dangerous diseases. Sometimes it is only possible to save a person or restore his health with antibiotics. One of the most effective and safe - Flemoksin Solyutab. What helps this drug and how can it harm?
An antibiotic that pediatricians like to prescribe
Today, pharmacies have a large selection of antibiotics. But when it is necessary to use such medications for treating young patients, doctors most often prescribe Flemoxin Solutab. What is the reason for this choice and is it possible to trust the health of the child (and the adult) to this drug? Flemoxin has become a generic of a well-known and effective antibiotic - amoxicillin. This means that it is the prototype of the original medicine, but has a more affordable price.
Since amoxicillin has been used to treat various ailments for over 45 years, its safety and effectiveness has been proven in practice. Penicillin preparations, to which Flemoxine Solutab belongs, are potent agents and can be used to combat various types of bacteria.
Dispersible form - plus for medication or advertising move?
The main feature that favorably distinguishes Flemoxin from a number of similar preparations based on amoxicillin is a special form of release. It is made in the form of dispersible tablets, which have a large number of advantages compared with standard pills, "washers". Of the one hundred people who purchase Flemoxin in a pharmacy, most likely only a dozen have an idea of what a dispersible tablet is. Although the well-known manufacturers of medical preparations are trying hard to make this form of drugs.
Dispersible preparations have been developed for those patients who have difficulty swallowing. Pharmacists have found a clever and simple solution: they created tablets that can dissolve in the mouth to form gas. An example of such drugs is precisely Flemoxin Solutab. What are the benefits of dispersible form? There are a lot of them:
- high bioavailability. In simple terms, when the Flemoxin tablet is in the oral cavity, its active components immediately begin to flow into the blood;
- the effect of the drug comes much faster, because the maximum concentration is reached quickly. The standard tablet will begin to “work” in 15-20 minutes, dispersed - after 5 minutes already;
- the tablet is highly soluble in water, which is important if it is necessary to give babies or small children;
- long manipulations for tablet cultivation are not required. Suspensions should be diluted properly, then shaken well. With a disposable tablet, everything is much simpler: it dissolves on its own in a small amount of water;
- can be dissolved in breast milk.
All parents know how difficult it is to make a child drink a bitter pill. This is far from the first attempt. The developers of the Flemoxin Solutab tablets took this into account. They managed to make the tablet on the basis of bitter amoxicillin taste good. For this, they included citrus flavors and saccharin in its composition.
It is clear that the dispersible tablet may be affected by exposure to moisture or water. Since there is always moisture in the air, to protect the tablets, preserve their quality and medicinal properties, Flemoxin is placed in aluminum blisters. If due to carelessness the packaging was torn and the tablet fell out of its cell, then it will have to be thrown away (or immediately drunk). Homemade methods of rescue medications - wrapping in paper, in cellophane or foil - will not help protect Flemoxin Soluteb from decay. Using a tablet that has been stored outside the package will not give any result or harm.
What diseases can Flemoxin Solutab overcome?
In what cases does the doctor prescribe Flemoxine Soluteb? The use of this antibiotic is necessary for such diseases:
- bronchitis, pneumonia, tracheitis, exacerbation of chronic tonsillitis;
- otitis, diseases of the paranasal sinuses;
- pyelonephritis, cystitis (if severe kidney disease is detected, then such a drug is not prescribed);
- inflammation of the gallbladder;
- STDs - gonorrhea, chlamydia, urethritis;
- an ulcer that is located in the duodenum or stomach;
- Lyme disease (borreliosis).
This is a standard list, where it is indicated what helps Flemoxine Solutub, and in no case should parents take it as a guide to action. While curing one disease, antibiotics incidentally “touch” many organs and disrupt the normal intestinal microflora.
Who is contraindicated for flemoxin?
Although Flemoxin is considered one of the safest antibiotics, it can be used for treatment not for all adults, and even more so for children. Firstly, some people have an individual intolerance to penicillin antibiotics. The drug, because of its ineffectiveness, is not prescribed for infectious mononucleosis. This disease is sometimes mistakenly diagnosed as tonsillitis or tonsillitis and is prescribed Flemoxin. But it will not give a positive result. Contraindications in the work of the digestive organs, kidneys and liver are also contraindications.
Since Flemoxine Solutab, like any drug, can cause allergies, allergic patients must first make an allergy test.
Is Flemoxin suitable for treating pregnant women?
If the condition of the future mother requires the use of antibacterial agents, the doctor may prescribe Flemoksin Solyutab. Although the instruction contains a warning that it is necessary to match the risk to the infant for the benefit of the mother. Flemoxin has been used for a long time for the treatment of certain diseases in pregnant women, and no cases of fetal development have been recorded during this time. But this does not mean that such treatment is absolutely safe. The use of antibiotics for pregnant women is an extreme measure. Only a doctor can prescribe a potent medicine!
Features of taking Flemoxin: doses and methods of use
How to give the patient Flemoksin Solutab? Instructions for use for children contain strict dosage guidelines:
- Babies who are under 1 year old can take a dose per day, which is calculated using the formula 30 mg per 1 kg of baby weight. The medicine should be given 3 times a day. It is forbidden to give the child the entire daily dose for 1 or 2 times;
- Children who are more than 1 year old are given a daily dose of 50 mg per kilogram. It is also divided into 3 doses.
If the medicine is prescribed for an adult or teenager over 12 years old, then the doctor will calculate the dosage schedule and dosage. The standard course of treatment is the use of the drug for 10 days (but not more than 2 weeks). The dose depends on the disease. The manual contains such recommendations regarding the appointment of Flemoxin Solutab:
- in the treatment of infectious diseases, inflammation in the kidneys and urinary tract: 0.5 g three times a day;
- if the drug is used for the treatment of diseases of the upper respiratory tract, the dose remains the same - 0.5 g, but it is divided into 2 doses;
- if the patient is diagnosed with otitis, pneumonia, and ulcer, then the daily dose of 0.5 g is divided into 4 times.
Warning: side effects!
Acceptance of Flemoxin may be accompanied by such undesirable phenomena as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, taste disturbance, rash. More severe side effects are possible: colitis, nephritis, neutropenia, anemia. Uncontrolled antibiotic can cause exudative erythema. In exceptional cases, the drug can provoke angioedema and anaphylactic shock. If any side effects occur, you should inform the doctor so that he can decide how safe and appropriate it is to continue to be treated with such an antibiotic.
And you agree to live without antibiotics?
Attitudes toward antibiotics are ambiguous not only among patients, but also among doctors. But there are diseases that can not be cured by any folk remedies. Then there is no alternative to antibiotics. But it is desirable to use an effective, safe and relatively inexpensive drug. It is these qualities, according to doctors, has Flemoksin Solyutab. Responses of patients and parents who had to treat children with this antibiotic are 85% positive.
They indicate that taking pills improves the condition: the temperature drops, the symptoms of the disease diminish, the side effects are quite rare (usually a rash). A big plus parents consider convenient packaging and a pleasant taste of the medicine. Among the downsides is the high price. By drugs of similar action include "Amoxiccycline", "Amosin", "Ospamoks", "Hikontsil", "Gonoform". No matter how patients respond to these medications, the choice of remedies must remain with the doctor.
Antibiotics were salvation for humanity, but they also led to the emergence of new bacteria. Since these drugs are sold in pharmacies without a prescription, many prescribe them to themselves and their children, without taking into account the characteristics of the disease and medications. Even if the instructions for use of Flemoxin Solutab for children have a disease that a child suffers, it is absolutely not recommended to self-medicate. This can lead to tragic consequences.