Swelling of the intestine requires urgent treatment, because the symptoms of this disease may be a manifestation of a dangerous pathology. At a minimum, they make a person feel uneasy when communicating, lead to psychological disorders. There are many ways that are sure to help get rid of this delicate problem.
Most people at least once in their lives complained of bloating. The treatment of such a disease depends on the cause, sometimes simple and easily removable, and in some cases very serious. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks about it, as a result of which chronic diseases of the digestive organs or the nervous system are often diagnosed in adults and children.
What is flatulence?
In the body must be gases that emit beneficial bacteria necessary for the digestive process. In addition, a certain amount of air is swallowed during a meal or conversation. Typically, this phenomenon goes unnoticed by a healthy person. But, if too much gas accumulates in the intestines, this is accompanied by an increase in the size of the abdomen and swelling. Doctors call intestinal flatulence meteorism. Before you begin his treatment in adults, you need to get acquainted with the symptoms. It:
- periodic cuts in the peritoneum;
- frequent discharge of gas, in which the pain stops immediately;
- feeling of heaviness in the intestines or stomach;
- severe rumbling in the abdomen;
- sometimes constipation and diarrhea, replacing each other;
- belching without smell or with the smell of recently taken food;
Why is the tummy full?
Increased gas formation can not be considered an independent disease. Such is the reaction of the digestive system to the following factors:
- slowing intestinal motility due to frequent constipation caused by improper diet;
- violation of the assimilation of certain substances;
- penetration of large amounts of air into the air due to conversations during eating, hasty drinking, smoking, chewing gum, deformation of the nasopharynx or dentition;
- the abuse of carbonated drinks;
- excess in the diet of foods rich in fiber or indigestible carbohydrates;
- previous surgery on the intestines;
- enlarged uterus and hormonal changes during pregnancy.
Also, flatulence can be a symptom of serious diseases:
- ulcers, colitis, enterocolitis, gastritis;
- pancreatitis, peritonitis, cirrhosis of the liver;
- acute intestinal infections and helminth infections;
- intestinal obstruction;
- nervous breakdown.
How to help the intestines?
If a person suffers from an excess of gas caused by any pathology, it is necessary to eliminate the underlying disease. To relieve a sharp pain in the abdomen is not difficult with the help of antispasmodics. Gas formation will decrease after taking enterosorbents. The state of the digestive system after intestinal infections or long-term antibiotic therapy normalizes:
- Hilak Forte;
Gas production will be slowed down by Espumizan, Pepsan-R, and in order for them to move faster, it is necessary to take Zerukal or Motilium. When nervous disorders prescribed walks in the fresh air, positive emotions, sports, sedatives.
Swelling of the intestine involves treatment not only with pharmaceutical preparations. Medicines against flatulence are in the treasury of traditional medicine.
- Crush pre-dried lovage root.
- 20 g of the obtained powder pour 1.5 tbsp. water.
- Bring the product to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- After turning off the burner, the decoction should stand for 1 hour.
- Filter the liquid and take 1 tbsp. l three times a day, half an hour before meals.
- Stop taking after 2 weeks.
- 10 g of dill seeds put in 0.5 liters of boiling water.
- Wait 15 minutes for the medicine to infuse.
- Drink this water for ½ tbsp. 30 minutes before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Chop coriander seeds thoroughly.
- 10 g of raw materials pour 250 ml of boiling water.
- Boil means no more than 2 minutes.
- Wait 1-2 hours, then strain the infusion.
- Use the drink according to ¼ Art. 3 times a day before meals.
- Dry dried ginger root to form a powder.
- Take 0.5 g of powder 15 minutes after a meal.
- Take the medicine ½ tbsp. water.
Secrets of clinical nutrition
Taking medicines and herbal remedies is, of course, very important in combating bloating of the intestines and its extremely unpleasant symptoms, but the treatment of this ailment is impossible without a diet. Patients wishing to recover will be forced to abandon:
- fruit, carbonated and alcoholic beverages;
- peaches, apples, pears;
- chewing gum;
- whole grain products;
- hard sweets;
- milk, cheese and ice cream;
- sunflower seeds and nuts;
- honey and yeast;
- white and brussels sprouts, broccoli, artichokes;
- garlic and onion.
Also, when such a problem, nutritionists advise to eat less bread, fried meat, cereals, except buckwheat and rice. Recommended water and broth in large quantities. In addition, in the diet of the patient should prevail:
- chicken eggs;
- chicken breast;
- low-fat beef;
- red fish;
- carrots and beets.
Prevention is easier than cure.
So that one day due to flatulence does not deteriorate state of health and mood, follow simple rules:
- give up bad habits;
- eat silently, slowly, in small pieces;
- drink slowly, in small sips;
- stick to a balanced diet;
- include sour milk products in the menu;
- regularly undergo examination by a gastroenterologist and a dentist;
- in case of stress, visit a psychologist.
Abdominal distension does not pose a danger to life and disappears after the discharge of gases. But, if this trouble happens to a person all the time, it is possible that he admits errors in nutrition and lifestyle, or is sick. If simple ways of dealing with increased gas formation were powerless, be sure to seek medical help.