Almost every person has come across at least once with such an unpleasant phenomenon as eye inflammation. Especially often it occurs in modern urban dwellers, where environmental conditions and lifestyle provoke such diseases. Eye drops from inflammation help to get rid of the inflammatory process caused by both external stimuli and diseases of the body.
The eyes are a rather vulnerable organ, which is sensitive both to the influence of the external environment (dust, cold wind, bright sun, dry air, chemical exposure), and to overstrain from working at a computer, reading, watching TV. In addition, the following factors can cause eye inflammation:
- allergic reaction;
- eye injuries.
Inflammation is manifested in the form of redness and soreness of the eyes, burning, increased sensitivity to light, tearing, and swelling of the eyelids. In some cases, getting rid of these symptoms is easy. But sometimes they indicate the presence of serious malfunctions in the work of an organ (or the organism as a whole), and without proper and timely treatment, the process of vision loss can begin.
Types of anti-inflammatory eye drops
Eye drops from eye inflammation vary in their effects. Therefore, you need to select them strictly individually, after consultation with an ophthalmologist, who will accurately determine the cause of the inflammatory process. Drops are divided, first of all, into steroid (containing hormones) and non-steroid. Further, by the principle of exposure, the drugs are divided into the following categories:
- antibacterial. They are used both for the treatment of eye diseases of a bacterial nature (such as keratitis, barley, conjunctivitis, meybomiitis, blepharitis), and for the prevention of infection before and after eye operations.
- antihistamines. Because of a reaction to chemicals, flowering plants, animal dander, contact lenses, or other allergens, inflammatory diseases such as conjunctivitis, uveitis, angioedema, and allergic dermatitis may occur. In this case, drops are prescribed to relieve allergic symptoms.
- antiviral. The causative agents of eye diseases of viral nature are most often herpes viruses. For treatment, drugs are used to promote the production of substances (so-called interferons), which themselves fight viruses, stopping their further reproduction.
The most common cause of inflammation of the eyes is a bacterial or viral infection, which can easily develop if personal hygiene rules are not followed, an eye tissue injury occurs, and it can also spread to the eyes during acute respiratory infections, SARS, and flu. The most widely used in this case, the following drugs.
- Eye drops chloramphenicol. Reviews suggest that this drug copes well with inflammatory processes localized in the cornea of the eye and conjunctiva, eliminating redness, swelling and tearing for 3-7 days. It is used to treat blepharitis, barley, conjunctivitis (including keratoconjunctivitis), and keratitis. The exact dosage of the drug and the duration of treatment are prescribed by the doctor, but usually it is recommended to bury the eyes 4-10 times a day, 1 drop until the inflammatory process is eliminated and then 2-4 times a day to stabilize the condition.
- Eye drops albutsid. Reviews of this drug indicate that in the initial stages, it effectively and quickly copes with ripening barley, preventing its development. In addition, the drops are effective against inflammatory diseases such as: conjunctivitis, inflammatory disease, corneal ulcers, keratitis, as well as in the presence of infected wounds. For adults, 30% solution is used, and for children - 20%. Depending on the disease and its stage, the use of an agent is prescribed 5-6 times a day, instilling 2-3 drops before the onset of improvement. And then it is recommended to reduce the dosage until complete healing.
Children's eye drops for inflammation
Eye inflammation in children is perhaps even more frequent than in adults. This is due to the fact that during the outdoor games in the eyes can get dust, sand, organ injury can happen. And just in everyday life, babies often unconsciously touch their eyes with pens, which provokes the occurrence of infection in them. In addition, in places of large concentrations of children (for example, in kindergartens), there are frequent cases of conjunctivitis, which develops as a result of the transfer of infection from one child to another.
For the treatment of inflammatory eye diseases in children, the most benign and non-toxic agents are selected, because babies have not yet fully formed a system for removing toxins from the body. Along with the already mentioned albumin (its use is permissible for newborns, and only 20% solution) and chloramphenicol (prescribed for children from 4 months), experts usually recommend the following eye drops for inflammation for children:
In addition to drug treatment, a good result in getting rid of eye inflammation is also provided by some traditional methods: washing, compresses and lotions using various herbs, honey, seeds.
Effectively cope with inflammation and suppuration, calendula, bird cherry and plantain. Take 1-2 tsp. Pour any of these plants for 15 minutes with a glass of hot water. When the infusion is cool enough, strain and do with it using eye rinsing (2-3 times a day) or lotions.
Whatever way you choose - eye drops for inflammation or folk remedies, treatment should be coordinated with a specialist, and only after an exact determination of the cause of the disease. In order not to provoke worsening of the condition, one should consult a doctor immediately after the first symptoms appear - this will facilitate and speed up the treatment, as well as prevent the occurrence of complications.