Inflammation of the eye occurs, as a rule, unexpectedly and delivers a lot of discomfort to the patient. To cope with this problem will help effective eye drops from conjunctivitis. This is a convenient form of drugs, only they need to pick up after determining the nature of inflammation.
Types of conjunctivitis
When conjunctivitis eye treatment prescribed drops depending on the type of inflammation:
- bacterial (occurs when the conjunctiva is infected);
- viral (most often observed in children after acute respiratory viral infections);
- allergic (violation of histamine levels, which develops as a reaction to an external or internal irritant).
There are also drops of the combined effect, which are used in cases where the type of inflammation is not precisely determined.
Treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis drops
The main symptoms of any kind of eye inflammation are:
- constant feeling of "sand" in the eyes;
- swelling around the eyes;
- slight blurred vision.
With bacterial conjunctivitis are added:
- purulent discharge;
- dry eyes;
- intermittent acute pain.
Also, this type of inflammation may be epidemiological.
The key to successful treatment is properly chosen therapy. Inflammations of the organs of vision are treated in a complex way: along with tablets, ointments, ophthalmologists prescribe drops. Drops in the eyes during conjunctivitis in adults and children are prescribed the same, only the dosages are different - this depends on the severity of the inflammatory process.
- 30% Albucidum or Sulfacyl sodium (the average course of treatment is 2-3 days, you need to drip in both eyes, even if conjunctivitis struck one. For babies, 20% Albucidum is used, which is used from birth);
- Cypromed (the drug is an antibiotic, so the doctor determines the course of treatment; the drug is contraindicated for children under 12 years old);
- Levomycetin for the eyes (contains an antibiotic that has a wide range of action, is used for children from 2 years);
- Tobrex (created on the basis of tobramycin - a strong antibiotic; has proven to be a very effective medicine. The course of treatment does not exceed 3 days, it can be used from birth);
- Vitabact (an excellent antiseptic drug. Often these drops are prescribed for eyes from conjunctivitis for newborns; adults are discharged during the non-acute phase of the disease).
Features of treatment of viral pathology
Viral inflammation of the eyes occurs as a related problem of a similar process in the upper respiratory tract. In addition to common signs, there are:
- serous discharge from the lacrimal ducts;
- swollen lymph nodes in the jaw and ears;
- conjunctival film formation.
Viral conjunctivitis is treated:
- Poludan, which stimulates the action of interferon to activate the patient's immune system (a course of treatment is 2 weeks, the dosage is calculated individually);
- Florenal (has the ability to neutralize viruses, appointed in conjunction with ointments and tablets);
- Interferon (effective immunostimulant, used in the initial stages of the disease or as a concomitant drug).
Children eye drops from conjunctivitis of a viral nature should be dripped for about a week. The most effective are:
- Ophthalmoferon (should be instilled from the onset of inflammation and be sure 1-2 days after the symptoms have been relieved, to fix the result);
- Aktipol (course of therapy should not exceed 1 week);
- Oftan (not used for babies under 2 years; also requires a control application after the disappearance of symptoms throughout the week).
Eye drops for allergic conjunctivitis
Allergic nature of conjunctivitis manifests itself:
- constant itching;
- profuse flow of tears;
- swelling of the upper eyelid;
- runny nose (in some cases).
Medicines should contain an antihistamine component. These drugs include:
- Allergodil (relieves the symptoms of the disease after the first use; contraindicated for children under 12 years old);
- Lekrolin (a course of treatment must be repeated periodically in order to avoid relapse; children under 12 are not prescribed);
- High-chrome (on the basis of cromoglicic acid, blocking histamine; given to children from 4 years);
- Lodoxamide (stabilizes fat cells; used to treat children from 2 years).
It often happens that due to the similarity of symptoms, it is difficult to determine the nature of conjunctivitis. Therefore, doctors prescribe combined drops, which contain an antibiotic and active components of anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties. Among them:
In addition, the combined drops allow you to combine the treatment of several problems at the same time, not confusing in the preparations and their dosages. As for the treatment of conjunctivitis in children, these drugs are not prescribed to children under 12 years of age.
General recommendations for the use of drops in conjunctivitis
The basic principle of the use of such drugs is strict adherence to the advice of a doctor. Children's eye drops for conjunctivitis should be used according to age recommendations. However, it is important and:
- promptly inform your doctor if uncharacteristic reactions to drops occur;
- properly store the drug;
- wash hands well before use;
- bury it in the corner of the eye near the nose, slightly pulling down the skin of the lower eyelid;
- Do not apply the dropper to the skin, mucous membranes and eyelashes;
- when you need a few drops at a time, you should take a break after each pair of droplets;
- After the procedure, the eyes should be soaked in separate wipes.
Eye drops from conjunctivitis should be used only after consulting a doctor and determining the nature of the inflammation. Special care must be exercised in the appointment of the drug to children, given the age limit. And, of course, the key to successful treatment of conjunctivitis is compliance with the correct mode of using drops.