Extreme - entertainment spectacular and extraordinary. Therefore, it is not surprising that, following the United States and European countries, the wave of popularity of extreme sports has swept Russia.
Certain types of sports disciplines began to gain fans in the mid-50s, in the course of time they were categorized as extreme. Mandatory conditions of such sports: an increased edge of danger, a large number of complex techniques, the maximum adrenaline rush.
What are extreme sports?
- Aquabike - the cumulative designation of the disciplines of the Navy (powerboat), which is characterized by races on water scooters.
- Mountaineering - the main goal - the conquest of the mountain tops, where on the way to them there are natural obstacles.
- Base jumping is a rest in which a parachute (special) is used to jump from an object that is fixed in one place.
- HSP - tractor distillations (held only in the Russian Federation).
- Boking - runs and jumps on stilts with springs.
- Wakeboarding - combines water ski slalom and jumping. A wakeboard is a board that combines snowboarding, skateboarding and skiing.
- Wingsuiting is a flight in a specific fabric device that has the shape of a wing.
- Windsurfing - racing on wooden boards with a sail (Slalom). Swimming for speed (Speed) and performing tricks on large waves (Riding).
- BMX (fast cycling) - races with the combination of a variety of tricks with a bicycle.
- Alpine skiing - exit from the mountain slopes with the help of skis.
- Grafitty (bombing) - the essence of this sport is the rapid application of spray paint in hard-to-reach or dangerous places.
- Diving - jump and stay in the underwater world with special equipment (scuba gear).
- Hang-gliding - hovering on a special aircraft, which is called the "hang-glider".
- Zorbing - a quick descent from a high slope with a transparent ball.
- Kitesurfing - movement through the water cavity using a traction force created by a person and controlled by a kite (air traction kite).
- Canyoning - crossing or overcoming canyons from rivers. It does not use any means for swimming.
- Kayaking - crossing or sailing aboard for 1 person.
- Longboarding - downhill on an asphalt slope on an elongated board. This is more accelerated and plastic skating than with a skateboard.
- Mountainboarding - a modified skate, which has increased wheels, which allows you to move on any surface.
- Mountain biking is a very dangerous descent from the mountain with the help of a special bicycle.
- Paragliding - planning with the help of ascending flows, which give an enhanced air flow for the use of paraglider.
- Parachuting - parachute jumps, tumbling under the dome, etc.
- Rafting - swimming on a sports inflatable boat.
- Roup Jamping - jump from a high-placed object using a special rope for safety.
- Roofing is a quick ascent to the roofs and heights of tall buildings, where difficult passages stand on the way to the goal. It is not allowed to use safety devices.
- Surfing - riding the wave with the help of special boards or cut fins.
- Power Extreme - the following items are used when a person performs power sets: cars, stones, cars, etc.
- Rock climbing - ups and downs on natural or artificial terrain.
- Skateboarding - performing a variety of tricks with the help of a skateboard board.
- Snowboarding - downhill on snow-covered mountain slopes with the help of a snowboard.
- Snowkiting - performing sliding movements and stunts on the ice or on the snow cover, helping yourself to hold the kite.
- Sandboarding - moving through the sand with a snowboard. Most often, this is done in quarries for the extraction of sand or on the barcans of the desert.
- Spelunking is an active sport in which you need to pass inaccessible caves.
- Stunt riding - riding and demonstrating tricks on motorcycles.
- Trial is a kind of extreme entertainment associated with overcoming various obstacles with the help of trucks, a bicycle or a motorcycle.
- Free Boarding - reduction from asphalted descents using a freeboard.
- Rollerblading - moving using roller skates and performing tricks.
- Freeride - the descent from natural climbs and mountains on unprepared roads.
- Parkour - fast overcoming and passing obstacles: fences, stairs, handrails, roofs of houses in urban areas.
Extreme Fun Review
At some period of time, even parachuting was an extreme, because only people who did not know fear could jump from a height of 4000 m. Now, this activity will not surprise anyone, because extreme entertainment is progressing, and even more dangerous kinds of hobbies have come to replace the parachute jumps.
- Volcanoboarding. It is no longer fashionable to buy snowboards and ride to ski resorts. Now it's better to go to the volcanoes. And there move out at an insane speed along frozen magma.
- Train surfing. The meaning of this sport is to catch on the move for the car of a passing train and climb onto the roof. This is an illegal and extremely dangerous occupation, so think carefully before trying your luck in this way.
- Airking. This is a jump into the pool with the help of a special catapult, which is able to throw a person to a height of 8 m.
- Walk through the dunes by car. This movement on the highest dunes, while there is a big risk of falling from a cliff dunes or turn over in a car.
- Base jumping These are jumps with a parachute folded behind them from the highest points: bridges, rocks, roofs, etc.
- Speedriding This is a "mix" of paragliding and skiing. Thanks to the wing you can slide on the slope on skis with great speed.
- Slacking To do this kind of extreme, you need tough ropes and height: openings between rocks, houses, etc.
- Bull Run To get a double dose of the maximum allowable adrenaline man will help run from an angry bull.
- "Birdman". With the help of a wing-suit, a person will be able to fly, and will fly from one rock to another without any problems. The maximum speed of such flights reaches about 180 km / h.
- Sports street sled. To get more extreme sensations, people moved to the sleigh, and began their descents on the hills, which provides a fairly high speed and adrenaline rush.
Pros and cons of extreme sports
- Being engaged in extreme sports, you:
- Get rid of the fear of heights and flying
- Become more confident
- You will attract attention
- Get rid of stress and aggression
- Will have a sporty and fit body
- Provide yourself with positive emotions and joy.
- Permanent injury
- Risk of serious injury causing lifelong consequences.
- Expensive equipment
- The high cost of moving to the desired location
And yet extreme sport is extremely important for human health and development. It helps to relax, avoid unnecessary negativity and express your "I". For some people, the search for adrenaline is the meaning of life. Anyway, before joining the ranks of extreme, you must carefully weigh all the pros and cons.