Heart disorders can be of a different nature, it is very important to know in which case they are safe for health, and when it is time to sound the alarm. Heart rhythm disorder - extrasystole - one of the most common conditions. What is extrasystole, why extrasystoles arise, how to get rid of failures, you need to know anyone who has ever encountered such a violation.
Causes of extrasystoles
Extrasystoles are not an unequivocal index of serious heart diseases, on the contrary, they can be observed in absolutely healthy people. The daily rate is two hundred supraventricular extrasystoles and the same number of ventricles. But if they are accompanied by other violations, then the doctor should pay close attention to them.
Separate functional and organic extrasystoles:
- The name of the first group speaks for itself. They arise on the basis of strong stress, negative emotions, develop in addition to the depressed psycho-emotional state. Extrasystole occurs at rest, after physical exertion, the work of the heart is normalized. Functional extrasystoles are often observed in young healthy people. A similar condition can provoke smoking, drinking strong coffee or tea.
- Organic extrasystoles are observed in people of pre-retirement and retirement age, they are associated with heart diseases, endocrine diseases, and chronic intoxication of the body.
What does traditional medicine recommend?
Whether extrasystoles are dangerous, only a doctor can determine, he also prescribes treatment. If the disorders are of a psychogenic nature, then therapy is prescribed to level the mental state - sedatives.
When organic extrasystoles are prescribed the following drugs:
- Aymalin is available in the form of tablets and solutions for injection. It is preferable to administer the drug intramuscularly or intravenously. The drug may be accompanied by unpleasant sensations, nausea, fever, lowering blood pressure.
- Ritmodan eliminates extrasystoles in the heart, levels the heart rate and reduces heart rate. The drug has a number of side effects, serious enough to self-medicate. Its reception can cause disorders of the urogenital sphere, leading to heart failure. Elderly people are especially susceptible to the negative effects of rhythmodan. This drug is prescribed by the doctor, correlating the expected effect and possible risks.
- For various cardiac arrhythmias, novainamide is used. It is administered intramuscularly and intravenously. In addition to the alignment of the heart rate, blood pressure is significantly reduced. The list of side effects is quite wide, an overdose occurs very easily.
- Quinidine sulfate is often used to treat extrasystoles, despite its high toxicity. Approximately half of the patients have side effects (nausea, diarrhea, weakness, dizziness) and the drug has to be canceled.
Traditional medicine in the fight against extrasystoles
- Among the sedatives, Valerian remains the most popular. Functional extrasystoles are treated with infusion of the root.
- In order to prepare the infusion of horsetail, 1 teaspoon of stems insist about three hours in two glasses of boiling water. Take one tablespoon 6 times a day.
- Black radish juice and meadow honey are mixed in equal proportions and stored in a dark cool place. Use dessert spoon several times a day.
In order for extrasystoles to be normal, you should take care of your health and take preventive measures:
- Stop smoking and reduce alcohol consumption;
- Control peace of mind, avoid stress;
- Eat right, fully relax, give the body feasible physical exertion;
- To undergo medical examination in time;
- Do not start diseases that can lead to the development of arrhythmias
Extrasystoles can occur in absolutely healthy people, but their manifestation is a reason to pay attention to their health, to change their habitual way of life. Any disease is easier to prevent than to cure, especially when it comes to heart disease. Self-treatment in this case is not permissible, because it can lead to a significant deterioration of the condition up to death.