On sale you can find a lot of modern products to care and improve the quality of hair. But many of them contain unnatural and even harmful components. Essential oils from ancient times are used for cosmetic purposes. They will help to solve almost all problems with hair, if applied correctly and regularly.
Methods of application of essential oils in hair care
Essential oils are a concentrate of biologically active and beneficial substances. For cosmetic purposes, the concentration must be reduced. They are used mainly in the form of masks or enrich ready-made store cosmetics with them. In order to choose the right essential oil that is right for you, you need to study the properties and peculiarities of each of them.
Methods of application of essential oils for the treatment and strengthening of hair:
- Nourishing massage with oil mixture (a combination of active essential oils is added to the base oil).
- Enrichment with oils of cosmetic products: balms, store masks, shampoos.
- Oil masks and hair wraps.
When using essential oils, it is necessary to exclude all possible contraindications and follow the rules of precaution.
Essential oils for hair: properties
These oils can be used both independently and in combination with others.
- Calamus oil can strengthen hair and prevent dandruff.
- Bitter orange oil helps to cope with the problem of hair loss, excessive hair loss and baldness.
- Basil perfectly strengthens the hair, accelerates their growth and helps to restore a healthy shine.
- Oil Bay stops the process of hair loss and enhances growth.
- Bergamot help solve the problem of dandruff and strengthen hair. It also regulates the sebaceous glands, removes fat from the roots of the hair, is a good antiseptic. If you feel tingling on your skin, do not worry - this is the normal effect of using bergamot oil.
- Geranium oil is one of the most effective against dandruff. In addition, it is a good antiseptic and helps to treat inflammation and bacterial diseases, strengthens the processes of regeneration of the skin and controls its fat content. May cause slight tingling and slight burning sensation at the site of application.
- Grapefruit oil will strengthen the roots, repair damage and reduce hair loss. It contains vitamins D, B, A, P, C. It normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands, improves the immune defense of the skin. Sometimes it can cause tingling and a slight burning sensation.
- Oil ate also effectively fights dandruff and prevents baldness.
- Ylang-ylang oil is very beneficial for hair. It prevents their fragility, heals split ends, eliminates torsion, well helps to restore thin and falling hair. For the scalp, it is also useful, has a tonic effect.
- Cassia oil nourishes skin cells, stimulates the blood supply and the supply of nutrients to the hair follicles, accelerates skin regeneration, and has a strengthening effect on the hair.
- Kayaput oil is recommended to be used in daily hair care and, in addition, it eliminates dandruff and prevents its appearance.
- Cedar oil is recognized as the 1st of the most beneficial to the body and hair. It will in a short time help solve the problem of loss and prevent dandruff and other problems with the scalp.
- Cypress oil strengthens hair well.
- Clove oil normalizes heat transfer, enhances hair growth, fights germs, dilates blood vessels and relieves fatigue.
- Cinnamon oil is very fragrant and healthy. It improves the blood supply to the skin and hair follicles, has warming properties and enhances growth.
- Lemon oil treat dandruff. It also gives the hair vitality and has an antiviral effect.
- Melissa oil is suitable for people with oily hair, it normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands, restores dull and drooping hair. In addition, melissa oil has a positive effect on the nervous system and emotional state of a person. It helps to treat depressive disorders, combating irritability and sleep disorders.
- Juniper oil regenerates the skin, dries hair oily roots, enhances growth and recovery. In addition, it calms the nervous system.
- Tea tree oil is very effective in treating itching and blackheads on the scalp, it eliminates dandruff and regulates sebum secretion, prevents hair loss.
- Eucalyptus oil tones the skin and disinfects it well, prevents dandruff.
- Pachulevoe oil is very nutritious and effective in getting rid of dandruff.
- Fir will restore hair, accelerate their growth, eliminate itching.
- Rosemary essential oil is one of the most valuable. It relieves pain and has an antiseptic effect, opens skin pores and resolves scars, removes scars.
Selection of essential oils depending on the problem
- Intensified work of the sebaceous glands: grapefruit, patchouli, bergamot, eucalyptus, lemon.
- Dandruff: tea tree, lavender, geranium, rosemary.
- Essential oils for hair growth: juniper, lemon balm, ylang-ylang, rosemary, clove, fir, cinnamon.
- Hair loss: beat, sweet flag, petigrein, ylang-ylang, verbena, rosemary, tea and rosewood, pine and cedar, mint, incense, coriander, cypress. These oils treat hair loss and at the same time help accelerate hair growth. The effect can be noticed already in 3-4 weeks from the beginning of application.
- With oily scalp help essential oils of tea tree, lemon, mint, eucalyptus, bergamot and cedar, verbena, sage and cypress, ginger, pine and kayaputa, lemon balm, cloves.
- People with dry and thin hair are suitable oils of sandalwood, palmarose, orange and mandarin, rosewood, ylang-ylang, incense and myrrh, chamomile and blue.
- Split ends heal: chamomile, geranium, sandalwood and ylang-ylang, rosewood, vetiver.
Lavender essential oil: effect and methods of use
Lavender oil has many beneficial and healing properties that is why it is so widely used in cosmetology. This oil heals well wounds and microdamages on the scalp, kills microorganisms, treats pustules and eliminates rashes. It nourishes the hair follicles and returns them health and strength, as a result, they become thicker and more beautiful.-
Lavender oil moisturizes the skin and enriches its cells with vital nutrients. It will be a real salvation for people with weak, brittle and dull hair, which strongly fall out and split off. Also, this oil is good to use on hair subjected to frequent staining, lightening and chemical perm.
Lavender oil is usually not used alone, but in combination with other therapeutic mixtures. For constant and regular care, as well as the prevention of problems with hair, it is recommended to mix lavender oil with shampoos and conditioners that you regularly use. For 30 ml of shampoo enough 3-4 drops.
Many girls note significant improvements after the use of essential oils. Oil masks work especially effectively. It is best to use a complex of oils: as a basis, you can take burdock, castor, coconut oil, and more. others, which are used as basic. They add a combination of essential oils, selected to suit your hair problem.
Most women who have experienced the effect of natural essential oils have concluded that they are much softer and more effective effect on the hair than the finished store supplies. In addition, the aromatherapy costs for hair are much cheaper than factory-made cosmetics based on natural ingredients.
- How to buy high-quality essential oil?
- How to apply essential oil?
Many recipes for masks have been invented using essential oils and aromatherapy methods for hair. Most remedies not only affect the skin and hair, but also have a positive effect on the nervous system, soothe and help to cope with depression. It is most convenient to use oils as a part of masks that can be left for 2 hours, and then wash the hair with rich shampoo and apply a balm or make a wrap of oils overnight. Dry oils can be applied to clean hair only in limited quantities. It is also desirable, at least for the time of aromatherapy, to abandon the use of a hair dryer and dry the hair in a natural way.