Electrophoresis is a therapeutic physiotherapy procedure that is used during the rehabilitation period. This technique is very effective and completely safe, so it can be prescribed for infants. There are cases when electrophoresis is necessary to ensure the child proper physical development.
What is the procedure assigned to?
Electrophoresis with aminophylline nursing infants is prescribed for the treatment of certain diseases. These include:
- burns of the skin;
- injuries sustained during childbirth;
- congenital heart disease;
- visual impairment;
- pyelonephritis, cystitis.
Types of electrophoresis
Taking into account which drug will be used during the procedure, electrophoresis is divided into several types:
- With papaverine. This is an antispasmodic drug that helps relieve muscle spasms of the urethra, the duodenum, removes dehydration.
- Electrophoresis with aminophylline on the cervical part of the infant is prescribed only by a doctor. The procedure helps to normalize the process of blood flow in the soft tissues located near the injured joints.
- With calcium. Appointed to get rid of gingivitis. It turns out a strong absorbable and anti-inflammatory effect.
- With dibazolom. There is a strengthening of the protective functions of the body, is normalized work of the brain. The procedure can be prescribed to infants upon receiving birth injuries, as well as various neurological failures.
Electrophoresis for infants mainly has positive feedback. This is not surprising, because this procedure can be carried out at home. This minimizes the chance of getting an infection or provoking a violation of the mental calmness of the child.
To this end, it is necessary to purchase a device, carefully study the enclosed instructions, not forgetting about the safety technique that must be observed during operation.-
To carry out the first procedure, an experienced nurse should be invited, who will have to show and tell exactly how the whole process goes. It is very important to carry out the correct overlaying of the pads of electrodes that are in the fabric previously impregnated with a special medication.
During the passage of electric current through the solution, the active movement of the drug's ions begins, which penetrate directly into the skin and mucous membrane, and then get further into the tissues of the body.
Then there is a uniform distribution of the drug in the extracellular fluid, as well as cells. It penetrates the lymph and blood, with which it enters all organs. The maximum amount of the drug will be stored directly in the area of administration.
Despite the fact that this medical procedure is considered one of the safest and most beneficial, it has certain contraindications:
- the presence on the skin of a variety of purulent infections;
- trauma to the skin in the overlay area;
- bronchial asthma, which is in the acute stage.
Only a doctor can issue a prescription for performing an electrophoresis procedure, while taking into account the existing problem, the drug used will be determined. In order for the body to benefit, you can not exceed the set time of the procedure (no more than 8 minutes) It is useful to combine electrophoresis with other medical procedures, for example, massage.