Treatment of bacterial microflora is not as simple as it may seem after viewing an advertisement. Therapy of candidiasis is quite long. That is why many women, in addition to the main treatment, perform douching for thrush at home. In this article we will describe how to carry out the procedure as safely as possible.
Fight against fungus or leaching of normal microflora?
For most women, the word thrush is associated with a burning sensation in the perineum, eternal itching and unpleasant vaginal secretions. This is not surprising: according to statistics, about 50% of the female population of the planet will encounter such a disease in their life course, and 20% still have a chronic fungal infection.
Thrush is an infectious disease of a non-venereal nature resulting from the proliferation of Candida pathogen in the vagina. Today, to assist women in the fight against this disease, pharmaceutical companies produce a number of effective and high-quality drugs. But sometimes just taking one pill is not enough. In such extremely rare cases, the doctor may prescribe a woman douching.
In fact, douching is the leaching of the pathogenic microflora from the vagina with special solutions and infusions. In the clinic, the procedure is performed using an Esmarch cup, but at home they use a special syringe - a rubber bulb with a long tube and a tip.
Be careful: use the same pear for douching and setting enemas is absolutely impossible. In addition, before using the syringe, rinse thoroughly, and disinfect the tip with an antiseptic or boil.
How to douche with thrush at home is understandable to many, but how to carry out the procedure correctly? In fact, all the intricacies should be told by the doctor who prescribed the douching, however, if for some reason the instructions were not given, you can use the general rules:
- Douching is best done in the bath. To do this, take a comfortable lying position, putting his feet on its edges.
- As gently and slowly as possible, insert the tip of the pear into the vagina to a depth of 2-3 centimeters.
- Try to relax your hip muscles and start gradually injecting the solution inside. Try not to press hard on the pear, the liquid should flow slowly, not under pressure.
- The duration of douching takes from 10 to 15 minutes. In addition, after the procedure, doctors recommend to lie in the bath for another 5-10 minutes.
Douching is carried out in the morning and evening, gradually reducing the procedure to only one repetition. Usually, doctors recommend injecting the solution for no longer than 5 days in order not to completely destroy the normal microflora.
Available funds from the pharmacy and not only
What can you douche with thrush? As a rule, for thrush well solutions of pharmaceutical or home-made, which have astringent, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. In bacterial vaginosis, charges consisting of one or more plants are used. These include:
- St. John's wort;
- Oak bark;
- tea tree.
For herbal decoctions and fees, it is customary to use the following ratio: one and a half tablespoons of collection per 1 liter of boiled water. Homemade infusions should be used immediately after preparation.
Not only medicinal solutions, but also methods such as soda douching, potassium permanganate, or special pharmaceutical preparations are popular with treating scabs. At the same time, the correct proportion is of particular importance:
- For soda solution is taken 1/2 tsp. soda on 1 tbsp. water.
- 2-3 crystals of potassium permanganate will be enough for 0.2 liters of water. The solution in this case should have a pale and subtle pink hue.
- Hydrogen peroxide should be thoroughly mixed in a half-liter jar of water.
- Pharmaceutical Malavit drug is diluted in this way: 10 ml per glass of water.
- Alcohol solution Chlorophyllipt is prepared at the rate of 1 tbsp. l 1 liter of boiling water.
- A mixture of tea tree and medicinal alcohol before use is diluted with water in the ratio of 1 tsp. on 1 liter.
It is important to strictly adhere to the specified dosage and never exceed the recommended guidelines. Any deviation can lead to irreversible consequences and only aggravate the course of the disease.
So that the treatment does not become a torment ...
Is it possible to douche soda, potassium permanganate or peroxide in thrush, only the doctor decides, since this method of treatment is not prescribed to all. It is not recommended to conduct such procedures in such cases:
- women with menstruation;
- during the whole period of pregnancy;
- in the presence of inflammation or infections of the genitourinary system;
- the first few weeks or even months after a miscarriage, abortion or childbirth;
- before visiting the gynecologist, as this may make it difficult to accurately diagnose;
- during menopause, and women with excessive dryness of the vaginal walls.
Do not forget that the douching is the washing out of both the pathogenic and quite favorable microflora of the vagina. That is why it is impossible to carry out the procedure only for the sake of prevention and without the recommendation of the attending physician. Self-treatment can only worsen the situation. Be healthy!