Both women and men do not like to go to the doctors. This is especially the case when the patient believes that the symptoms that concern him are “not serious.” Well, what could threaten dizziness and nausea? The causes of this malaise are most often associated with indigestion or pressure fluctuations. What is the body really trying to warn the human body by giving such SOS signals?
What causes dizziness and nausea - causes
In no case should not dismiss such symptoms. If all the organs are working normally and there is no infection with any virus, then the person will not feel any discomfort. Even a slight nausea and dizziness should be the reason for the visit to the doctor.
Attacks of nausea and loss of balance are observed in various pathologies. All the reasons leading to the emergence of this "couple" of symptoms can be combined into several groups:
- intoxication. These are typical signs of poisoning. It can develop as with the entry of toxins outside (it is a question of poisoning with poor-quality or expired products, drugs and toxic chemicals), and if endogenous toxins have accumulated in the body;
- metabolic disorders. This causes constant nausea and dizziness. The causes of this condition are fasting, vitamin deficiencies, diets (unbalanced diet), diabetes. Stool disorders may also occur;
- brain disorders. In diseases of this organ and nervous system, severe dizziness and nausea can occur. The reasons are quite serious: hypertension, a perceptible increase in intracranial pressure, brain tumors, atherosclerosis, diencephalic crisis, stroke. The same condition can occur during migraine or vascular dystonia;
- malfunctions in the digestive organs: ulcers, gastritis, gallstone disease, pancreatitis;
- hormonal changes during menopause. They are accompanied by dizziness and nausea. Causes in women of the onset of such symptoms are not limited to age-related changes in the balance of hormones. Temporary discomfort, manifested by nausea and vomiting, may be caused by menstruation;
- problems in the work of the vestibular apparatus and ENT organs. Diseases of the inner ear - labyrinthitis, otitis media - are often accompanied by similar symptoms. It is also found in motion sickness syndrome. The head may be dizzy with nausea and with a deep cold;
- Psychogenic, physiological factors. Prolonged or severe neuro-emotional stress - anxiety, stress, fear, depression, fatigue - will cause discord in the work of all organs, which can lead to nausea and feelings of loss of balance;
The only cause of dizziness and nausea, which cannot be attributed to health problems, is pregnancy. But in this case, medical intervention may be required. If such symptoms cause too much discomfort to the woman, literally deprive her of peace and sleep and do not allow her to eat, then treatment is necessary.
If nausea appeared in the third trimester of pregnancy, then this may be evidence of its pathological course. This condition is called preeclampsia and requires treatment.
When taking certain medications, dizziness and nausea also often occur. The causes (at normal pressure) may be associated not only with allergic reactions to the components of the medicine: the use of certain products can also provoke reflex nausea.
There are many reasons - how to find out the exact diagnosis?
If a person is not the first time losing his balance and feels an inexplicable nausea, then this is a sign of a somatic or neurological disease. Do not start the disease and try to find their own ways of treatment. Even if it turns out to get rid of unpleasant symptoms, the disease will not disappear, but only for a while will cease to be felt.
It may be necessary to consult an otolaryngologist, a neuropathologist, an oculist, an endocrinologist, a gastroenterologist, a gynecologist, an oncologist. To understand which doctor you need to consult, it is better to first go to the therapist.
Diagnosis begins with listening to the patient's complaints and examining it. The doctor will specify when symptoms appear, whether they are associated with eating or changing body position, whether there are other unpleasant or painful sensations. Then measure blood pressure.
Based on the analysis of complaints and visual inspection, the following diagnostic procedures will be assigned:
- general blood analysis;
- serum glucose analysis;
- cardiac electrocardiogram;
- MRI or computed tomography;
- X-ray examination of the skull;
- Doppler ultrasound (study of vascular patency);
- Ultrasound of the gallbladder;
- x-ray of the stomach;
- intracranial pressure measurement.
How to cope with nausea and loss of balance?
If such symptoms occur, and there are no other people nearby, it is best to sit up and tilt your head down (between your knees). If a person is not alone, then it is better to lie down. If you lose consciousness, you should bring a fleece to his nose, on which you can drop a few drops of ammonia.
If nausea caused stress, then first aid will consist in taking sedatives - motherwort, valerian, Novo-passit, Seduxen, Glissseda. If the reason for the indisposition in a sharp drop in pressure, it is recommended to drink strong sweet tea.
If this ailment happened at home and there is Atropine Sulfate in the medicine cabinet, then 7-10 drops of this drug are allowed to drink. If there is an instantaneous attack - a sharp dizziness and nausea (the causes of which have not yet been established), you can drink a few sips of herbal tea or just plain water (with the addition of a small portion of sugar).
But these are only emergency measures that do not eliminate the cause of the failure of the body.
What will be the professional treatment?
The main thing that should be established when choosing a technique and drugs to combat the disease, the symptoms of which are nausea and dizziness - causes. The doctor will prescribe a complex treatment - to eliminate the manifestations and the underlying disease. Drug therapy may include such drugs:
- Diazepam, Meloklozin (they belong to the vestibulolytic agents);
- Mannitol, Euphyllinum (intravenously to relieve the patient's condition);
- Cinnarizine (for the normalization of cerebral circulation);
- Reglan, Metoclopramide.
You may need surgery or special procedures. Massage therapy is added to medication therapy (this is effective, for example, in osteochondrosis), physical therapy, and acupuncture.
To insure yourself against unpleasant surprises that the body can present - incomprehensible nausea and dizziness, you just need to look after your health. You should not snack on the go, self-medicate and swallow all the pills in a row, get carried away with alcoholic drinks and strong coffee. It is useful to move more and give up cigarettes. And the most important thing - at the first signs of the disease, immediately make an appointment with the doctor!