Diarrhea can be the main symptom of the emergence of serious health problems. That is why it requires close attention and proper treatment. It will be useful for everyone to know in more detail what constitutes this intestinal disorder, what are its signs, as well as its causes.
What is diarrhea?
Diarrhea is a combination of various signs that indicate that a disturbance occurs in the body related to the work of the digestive system. Regarding the clinical picture, diarrhea can occur in 2 forms - chronic and acute. If the diarrhea is acute, it takes no more than 2 weeks and, in some cases, a shorter time. However, under the condition of the chronic form, its duration may be several times longer than the specified period.
If the measures taken by yourself do not give relief and diarrhea lasts for several days, it is necessary to seek qualified medical assistance as soon as possible, since only the doctor will be able to determine as accurately as possible the reasons that provoked this phenomenon and prescribe treatment.
Irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea: signs
Irritable bowel syndrome is a fairly common occurrence. The fact is that the intestinal microflora is hypersensitive, therefore, it reacts sharply even to minor changes occurring in the human body. Today, doctors can not immediately determine the presence of such a disease, even if it is manifested by pronounced signs.
In about 50% of cases, irritable bowel syndrome is mistaken for certain disorders manifested in the work of the pancreas, as well as for some forms of gastritis that interfere with proper digestion of food. Of course, it is digestion that is one of the most important causes of various diseases of the rectum. But at the same time, irritable bowel syndrome can act as an independent disease.
Today about 1/3 of the entire population of the planet suffers from this disease. However, the majority of patients do not rush to seek help from a doctor until the signs of the disease become pronounced and do not interfere with a comfortable lifestyle.
This disease does not pose a threat to human life, but it can also trigger the onset of the development of more serious health complications. It is imperative that the correct treatment be carried out, since the course of this disease in an acute form provokes the appearance of severe pain in the lower abdomen.
You should not try to diagnose yourself, even if there are bright signs. To diagnose irritable bowel syndrome, a thorough examination and appropriate tests are required.
In almost all cases, the disease will manifest acute attacks. For several days, the patient will experience fairly strong painful cramping in the lower abdomen. Gradually, an increase in the intensity of pain occurs - at first, minor shooters are felt, which very quickly disappear, after which the pain becomes more pronounced with each passing hour. Most often, a feeling of relief comes after emptying the bowels.
A characteristic symptom of this disease is diarrhea, combined with prolonged constipation. The patient feels an unpleasant feeling of clogging of the large intestine with fecal masses, at the same time he is disturbed by flatulence and bloating.
How to stop diarrhea: ways
- To stop diarrhea, you can use not only modern medicines, but also use more affordable methods, such as herbs and fees. An excellent antimicrobial effect has a decoction of oak bark. To prepare such a remedy, you need to take oak bark (1 tsp) and pour cold water (2 tbsp.), Leave for 6 h. Filter the finished medicine and take 3-4 times a day, 5 tbsp. spoons. It is important to remember that this remedy is prohibited for the treatment of diarrhea in children.
- You can also use another recipe - mix oak bark (3 parts) and horse sorrel seeds (2 parts), yarrow grass (2 parts), honeysuckle leaves (2 parts). Next, the resulting mixture (2 tablespoons). Pour boiling water (0.5 l) and insist 2 hours in a warm place. Then the drug is filtered, and takes 3-4 times a day for ¼ Art.
- To prepare the next cure for diarrhea, you need to take fresh cherry berries (100 g) and dry red wine (175 ml). In a warm place, the drug is insisted for at least 2 days, then we filter the tincture. For the treatment of adults takes 1 glass of tincture, and for children 1 thimble. The medicine is taken 3 times a day.
- In case of an upset stomach, it is recommended to drink a couple of sips of a solution of salt (10%), and the interval between taking this drug should be several hours. Such treatment is permitted only by adults. You can use another means - the potassium permanganate dissolves in water and is taken in 0.5 st. 2 times a day. The same solution can be used for enemas, however, it should be weak.
- With prolonged diarrhea, you need to pay special attention to the state of their own health. First of all it concerns food - for the first 2 days it is advisable not to eat heavy food. You need to drink as much liquid as possible (plain water, herbal infusions, teas, berry decoctions) to prevent the development of dehydration. You need to completely abandon the use of a variety of alcoholic beverages, milk, coffee, sweet, salty, flour and fatty foods, since these products can only worsen the situation.
Remedies for diarrhea in adults: what to choose?
In case of prolonged diarrhea, it is necessary to take medication, which only a doctor can prescribe. But, for accelerated recovery, the diet is not unimportant.
When diarrhea is strictly prohibited to eat foods that enhance motility, as they provoke an increase in gas formation and cause the fermentation process.
The list of prohibited foods include a variety of fatty and spicy dishes, milk, grapes, canned foods, as well as legumes and sweets. As a result of prolonged diarrhea, the development of severe dehydration occurs. That is why it is necessary to drink as much liquid as possible in order to compensate for its loss. It brings benefits and a simple decoction of chamomile, as it has an excellent strengthening effect.
In the event that acute diarrhea was triggered by severe poisoning, an adult can drink a weak solution of potassium permanganate (no more than 100 g). Such a solution should have a faint pink tint - just a couple of crystals will suffice.
Diarrhea can be a symptom of various diseases, such as irritable bowel syndrome. To find out what is the reason for it, you need to consult a doctor. The specialist will collect the tests, conduct the research and, based on them, prescribe the correct treatment.