Recently, many parents turn to pediatricians with the same question: why did diarrhea and vomiting occur in a child without fever? Optionally, these symptoms signal the development of pathology. And what do experts think about this?
Diarrhea and vomiting in a child without fever: causes and accompanying symptoms
Most often, such unpleasant phenomena as loose stools and gag reflex appear in young children. Various reasons may contribute to this. Mostly diarrhea or vomiting occurs as a result of overeating or dysfunction of the digestive tract. Such symptoms can be observed in infants. As practice shows, vomiting and loose stools appear as a result of various factors. This largely depends on the age of the crumbs.
Healing specialists identify a number of reasons why a baby may experience vomiting reflexes and diarrhea without increasing body temperature. These include:
- intestinal infection;
- food poisoning;
- allergic reaction to a particular food product;
- psycho-emotional disorders;
- change in the climatic zone of the baby’s stay, etc.
Let's take a closer look at each cause and find out which associated symptoms can occur. An infection of the intestinal type can occur with or without an increase in temperature. The presence of such pathogenic microbes in the baby’s body will be indicated by the following symptoms:
- the urge to vomit appear arbitrarily and not associated with food intake;
- loose stools are characterized by a sharp odor, mucous impurities, foam, and, as a rule, have a specific unusual shade;
- the baby has colic, which causes his anxiety and moodiness;
- the crumb refuses to eat and drink;
- body temperature may rise in a few hours.
Most often, food poisoning in babies is the result of the use of dairy or low-quality store products. In infants, poisoning can occur due to consumption of breast milk. With the development of such a pathology, the following symptoms appear:
- emetic urges are observed mainly after eating;
- the stool is liquid, frequent, may be with blood admixture and a sharp disgusting odor;
- sharp and strong pain syndrome, spasms appear in the stomach;
- the baby becomes sleepy and capricious, and also refuses to eat and drink.
As you know, the children's body is constantly being formed, so it is most prone to the manifestation of allergic reactions. Most often, the development of allergies provoke food. The appearance of vomiting reflex and diarrhea becomes the primary sign of allergy. The following symptoms may also be observed:
- rashes on the skin;
- swelling of the airways.
Dysbacteriosis can cause vomiting and diarrhea. Disruption of the normal concentration of beneficial bacteria in the intestine may be due to various reasons, including the intake of antibiotic drugs. If vomiting and diarrhea are associated with the development of dysbacteriosis, then the baby will definitely have associated symptoms:
- intestinal rumbling;
- the appearance of white bloom on the tongue;
- pain and cramps in the abdomen, especially after meals;
- rash on the skin, with itching;
- loss of appetite or lack of it.
The above described states of a child’s body necessarily require complex treatment.
As practice shows, vomiting and diarrhea in the crumbs can occur as a result of exposure and non-hazardous factors for his health. These include:
- food indigestion;
- one-time intake of excessive amounts of food or breast milk;
- eating new foods, in particular, when children are feeding on fruits, vegetables, and so on;
- transferring a stressful situation;
- abrupt climate change.
If vomiting and diarrhea appeared as a result of an abrupt climate change, this is due to the adaptation of the child's body to the new conditions of its stay. In this case, these unpleasant phenomena will pass by themselves, but parents should always have on hand pharmacological preparations for vomiting and diarrhea.
Often the appearance of diarrhea and gag reflex in a baby can be associated with experiencing a stressful situation. In childhood, the nervous system reacts to negative external factors in this way. In this case, you should protect the child from a conflict or stressful situation. If necessary, you can give him pharmacological drugs, but only after consultation with the attending specialist.-
How to treat a baby in 2 years?
Before treating diarrhea and vomiting in a baby at the age of two years, you should consult with your doctor and find out the reason for the appearance of such symptoms. If the appearance of loose stools and gag reflexes is associated with overeating or food poisoning, then parents at home should immediately take the following measures:
- balance the diet of the baby and feed him only the right foods;
- exclude from the diet carbonated drinks and juices, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as fatty foods;
- to ensure abundant drinking, especially herbal teas should be given (the best is to cope with vomiting and diarrhea decoctions of St. John's wort, peppermint, fennel and immortelle).
If vomiting and diarrhea appeared on the background of the development of dysbacteriosis as a result of taking antibiotic drugs, then the baby needs to restore the beneficial intestinal microflora, for which pharmacological probiotics and prebiotics are allowed. These include pharmaceuticals Hilak-forte and Linex. It is not recommended to take pharmacological preparations without consulting the attending specialist.
If diarrhea and vomiting in crumbs do not pass, it is necessary to resort to medical assistance as soon as possible. Perhaps the baby develops an intestinal infection or intoxication of the body occurs.
What can be given to children 3 years?
Older children for the treatment of diarrhea and gag reflex, not accompanied by fever, can be given solutions prepared on the basis of pharmacological powders for the stomach. If it is not possible to purchase such a powder, it can be made independently using ordinary table salt and granulated sugar in the ratio of 1: 5 per 1000 ml of warm boiled or purified water.
Give such a solution to the baby should be a teaspoon. Be sure to diarrhea and vomiting need to replenish the water balance. A child can be fed with astringent fruits, for example, bananas or pears. If the liquid stool is preserved, and the gag reflex is enhanced, it is necessary to urgently call the attending specialist to the house. It is not recommended to give the child pharmacological drugs, for example, Loperamide, because they eliminate the result itself, that is, diarrhea, but do not fight the cause of its appearance.
Komarovsky gives advice
Famous doctor Komarovsky E.O. always happy to inform parents about childhood diseases and the correct actions in the manifestation of various symptoms. With vomiting and diarrhea in the baby, according to Komarovsky, the following actions should be performed:
- give the child plenty of drink;
- with the permission of the attending specialist, give the child a pharmacological agent that will slow down intestinal motility and maintain the microflora balance;
- eliminate from the diet the product that caused such an organism reaction.
Komarovsky urges parents not to self-medicate and in any case not to give crumbs of antibiotic drugs. If gag reflexes and diarrhea do not pass within 3-4 hours, this is a good reason to go to a medical facility.
There are many reasons that can cause the appearance of diarrhea and vomiting in the crumbs. Even teething can provoke such an organism reaction. If such symptoms do not disappear within a few hours, you should seek qualified help.