A world masterpiece created by the hands of breeders, a vegetable of long-livers, a Japanese miracle ... As soon as they do not call daikon. The most interesting thing is that these characteristics are true. The vegetable is really special. It combines the benefits and pleasant taste. This means that you should think about how to enter daikon in your diet. The easiest way is to make a salad out of it.
In essence, daikon combines the taste of radishes and radishes. Fruits are considered to be the most delicious, not exceeding its length of 40 cm. It is this vegetable that will be more tender to the taste. As for the benefits, the root vegetable contains a large number of substances that have a beneficial effect on digestion (pectin, phosphorus, fiber). There are in it and vitamins - B and C. But this is not all the impressive properties of daikon. It is low in calories. In its raw form contains about 18 kk. This means that you can try to lose weight on salads from daikon (of course, if you do not curry a lot of mayonnaise). Japanese radish must be included in the menu because of its properties of cleansing the body. Scientists have found that daikon does not accumulate toxic substances. The Japanese believe that he can display radionuclides.
Do not think that you can cook only a salad of daikon. In Japanese cuisine, there is a whole tradition of using vegetables. Daikon, sliced in thin layers, is often served with dishes that include fish. It is eaten from sushi. In some parts of the country, the root vegetable is added to soups, which gives the ready-made dishes a savory taste. In Japanese families, daikon is stewed along with seafood. From the grated vegetable make spicy seasoning, mixing it with soy sauce. Daikon radish salad can include different ingredients.
Daikon Salad: Recipes
Daikon Vitamin Salad for losing weight
- Half the average daikon
- Sour apple
- Lemon juice, salt to taste
- Prepare a bowl for salad. Grate a daikon on a grater and place in a bowl.
- Peel and shred the onion.
- Peel the apple and grate it. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Salt and sprinkle with lemon juice to taste.
Japanese daikon salad
- Eggs - 3-4 pcs.
- Crab meat (sticks) - 100 gr.
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Boil eggs hard-boiled, peeled from the shell and finely chop. Daikon grate a large grater. Peel and shred the onion.
- Crab sticks or crab meat is also finely chopped. All ingredients are mixed in a salad bowl. Before serving, fill the daikon salad with mayonnaise.
Daikon and carrot salad
This salad is one of the most simple and delicious. In addition, due to carrots, celery and apples there are a lot of vitamins in it.
- Daikon - 100 gr.
- Apple - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Fresh celery
- Raisin - 30 gr.
- Vegetable oil and salt to taste
- Raisin wash and soak in water. Daikon grate for carrots in Korean. Peel the apple and finely chop it.
- Carrots are also grated. Celery finely crumble.
- Mix everything in a salad bowl, add raisins and vegetable a little. Salt
Daikon salad with cucumber
- Daikon -1 pc.
- Bunch of parsley and dill
- Sour cream - 200 gr.
- Cucumbers - 2-3 pcs.
- Vegetable oil and spices - to taste
- This salad is great as a supplement to the second meat dish or potatoes baked in the oven.
- Daikon tinder for Korean carrot. Cucumbers cut into thin strips. Onions cut into half rings.
- Greens finely crumble. Next, make a dressing: mix sour cream, vegetable oil and salt. Vegetables spread in a salad bowl.
- Before serving, add dressing and mix thoroughly.
For those who think what to cook from daikon and loves sushi and rolls, we recommend to pickle Japanese radish. This appetizer is made in the form of small bars, which are served separately to sushi (like pickled ginger) or cooked rolls with them.
- Daikon - 100 gr.
- Rice vinegar - 50 ml.
- Water - 50 ml.
- Sugar - 50 gr.
- Turmeric and salt - 0, 5 tsp.
- First you need to prepare the marinade mixture. To do this, pour water, sugar, spices and rice vinegar into the pan. Start heating the mixture over low heat. Keep on fire until the sugar in the solution dissolves completely.
- While the marinade is ready to peel the daikon and cut into small circles 3-5 mm thick. Salt radish, put in a colander and leave for 60 minutes, so it will leave all the bitterness.
- After an hour, wash the daikon, wash off the salt, and dry it with a towel. Put the circles of root vegetables in a jar or other container and pour them with marinade. Leave to pickle for 8-9 hours. The resulting snack can be stored for 10-14 days.
By the way, another way of cooking is fried daikon. It is not particularly common: the radish is cut like potatoes and fried in a pan with onions. You can also add mushrooms. It can also be mixed with rice. For this, the daikon is thinly sliced, a saucepan is placed on the bottom, some rice and water are poured. Then they put it out together.
Daikon salad with meat
Also very tasty to use in salads from daikon meat.
- Boiled meat - 300 gr.
- Daikon - 250 gr.
- Bulbs - 2 pcs.
- Little vegetable - to taste
- Boil meat, cool and chop. The strips should be narrow and thin. Daikon grate also long strips.
- Shred bulbs. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan and fry chopped onion on it until golden brown.
- Put all the ingredients of the salad in a bowl, mix and salt. Salad can be filled with mayonnaise or any other dressing.
- During fasting, meat can be replaced by boiled mushrooms.
By the way, in cooking, they use not only the root crop, but also the shoots and daikon leaves. Unfortunately, they are not often found on sale - too quickly they lose their presentation. Leaves can be served as a side dish. The shoots are finely chopped and used as the usual parsley or dill. It should be remembered that the daikon salad is best eaten quickly and not stored for a long time - its taste changes over time.
Unfortunately, daikon can be far from all. It should not be included in the diet with exacerbation of gastritis and peptic ulcer disease, kidney problems. In all other cases, this vegetable is very useful. It serves as a prophylactic against diabetes and atherosclerosis. It is believed that Japanese radish helps the body fight pathogens in the digestive tract. In cosmetology, it is used to whiten skin and remove freckles, as well as to strengthen hair.
Daikon - one of the favorite Japanese vegetables. It is extremely simple to cook: you can simply grate and sprinkle with sunflower oil - the healthy and tasty dish is ready! To taste, he is very gentle and does not taste bitter, as is the case with radishes. Daikon can be used in different ways: in soups instead of potatoes, stew with vegetables or meat, make spicy snacks of it. Traditional medicine considers root vegetable cleansing. It removes harmful toxins from the body and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
See also:Green radish: useful properties