Cystitis is not a very common disease among men.Most women suffer from cystitis. However, cystitis for men is no less a threat to health than cystitis for women.
Cystitis is an inflammatory disease of the walls of the bladder.In men, as in women, cystitis can be chronic and acute. Consider the symptoms by which a man can recognize this disease.
Symptoms of cystitis in men
- The most important and clear sign of cystitis in men is sharp pain when urinating.Pain caused by the onset of the inflammatory process. He, in turn, often occurs on the basis of strong hypothermia.
- Frequent urge to urinate, sometimes false.A man with cystitis notes that he often wants to go to the toilet. Moreover, the urge to urinate is often deceptive, because the bladder is almost empty or not filled.
- Frequent and very poor urination.With frequent urging with a bladder filled with at least a little, urination is frequent. However, the volume of urine is very, very small. A sick man may go to the toilet even every fifteen minutes or more.
- Acute cystitis increases body temperature..In chronic, this is usually not observed. However, in acute cystitis, the body almost immediately reacts with changes in body temperature. It becomes subfebrile (37.2 ° С - 37.5 ° С). Rarely the temperature rises higher.
- Inability to restrain urination.In men, when restraining the urge to urinate, there are sharp pains and heaviness, a feeling of constriction in the pubic area.
- Changing the nature of urine - a clear cause of cystitis. Urine changes its transparency. It becomes muddy. It can float sediment, often represented by pieces of epithelial tissue, etc. Sometimes, urination is accompanied by some blood or mucous secretions, with more serious forms of inflammation.
The duration of cystitis is usually a week or a little more..If untreated, cystitis becomes chronic. Chronic cystitis has a latent course of symptoms. Exacerbations occur in spring and autumn, for some men, and more often.Chronic cystitis often carries such an unpleasant symptom as urinary incontinence.. If urination arises, they cannot be contained. And if there is no possibility to go to the toilet, spontaneous emptying of the bladder can occur.
Treatment of cystitis in men
If you find one or more of the above symptoms, you should consult a specialist. He is to confirm the diagnosis should conduct tests. Be sure to in this case, a urine test, urgently, on the day of treatment.
In cystitis tests, there is an increased number of leukocytes, erythrocytes, as well as residues of epithelial tissues. With strong cystitis, other components can also be detected. If tests do not reveal cystitis, an ultrasound examination of the bladder is indicated. Here it is necessary to follow the instructions of the doctor, because the examination has its own nuances.
Acute cystitis is easier to recognize and treat accordingly too. The situation with chronic cystitis is more complicated. The doctor sometimes prescribes urine culture and other studies (for example, urodynamic, uroflowmetry).
After confirmation by the doctor of the diagnosis, it is necessary to proceed to treatment..Independently treat cystitis is not worth it. It is easier, having found it for the first time, to cure and not allow the disease to go into the chronicle.
The doctor prescribes a treatment aimed at eliminating inflammation, the causes of inflammation and the restoration of normal bladder function.
- At the initial stage it is possible to use antibacterial drugs.But, as many of us know, the treatment is effectively complex. Therefore, together with the appointment of the drug from a series of antibacterial prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs. These can be either pills or injections or rectal suppositories.
- Restorative means appointed by the doctor to improve and restore the functions of the bladder, strengthen its walls and damaged tissues. Such drugs are prescribed a course that exceeds the course of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- The complex treatment includes and painkillers, referral to relieving cystitis pain.
- Sometimes a physician urologist prescribes antibacterial drugs to improve treatment. vitamins.
- To eliminate the side effects of antibiotics (anti-inflammatory drugs), urologists should prescribe preparations restoring intestinal microflora.
- After a course of drug treatment, the doctor advises the patient to undergo physiotherapy to consolidate the effect.
- As noted above, chronic cystitis is much more difficult to cure. The course of complex treatment has to take place during each exacerbation. In addition, it is necessary to undergo a physiotherapeutic treatment. The doctor gives the patient and other recommendations related to lifestyle and nutrition.
With a long course of chronic form of cystitis, which is not subject to treatment, there may be an undesirable major change in the structure of the bladder, which will require surgical intervention..therefore men can never be allowed to develop chronic cystitis. It is necessary, identifying the symptoms and confirming the diagnosis with the doctor, immediately begin treating such an unpleasant disease as cystitis.