Cucumbers - one of the most ancient vegetable crops. This vegetable came to Russia from India and since then has won love and respect. It is especially appreciated by girls who watch their figure, because a cucumber is 95% water. Vegetable is famous for its beneficial properties, versatility of use and taste.
Useful properties of cucumbers
Cucumber contains the most valuable alkali salts, which slow down the aging process, the formation of stones in the liver and kidneys. In this vegetable there are easily digestible and useful compounds of iodine, therefore, the use of cucumbers improves the functioning of the heart, thyroid gland and blood vessels.
They contain a large amount of fiber, which improves the digestive tract and the liver, cleanses the walls of blood vessels from harmful cholesterol, removes toxins and toxins from the body. Due to the high calcium content, the vegetable removes excess fluid, relieves swelling, lowers blood pressure and has a mild laxative effect.
In addition, cucumbers contain vitamins B, vitamins A and C, sugar, protein, folic acid, potassium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, chlorophyll, magnesium, zinc, copper, chromium, silver and chlorine. Vitamins and minerals in the composition of cucumbers are useful for the prevention of viral diseases and prevent the development of atherosclerosis.
Cucumber juice has useful properties - it contains a large amount of mineral salts, sodium and phosphorus. Juice has a rejuvenating and tonic effect on the body as a whole. With it, you can maintain the health of your teeth and gums, maintain skin tone and freshness.
Cucumbers are also useful for cosmetic purposes: they are often used to relieve swelling, cleanse and rejuvenate the skin. Vegetable can help get rid of acne and acne: just eat one every day and you can forget about skin problems.
As for contraindications, cucumbers are not recommended for use in acute and chronic nephritis, in case of exacerbation of renal failure and kidney stones. People who suffer from peptic ulcer disease, colitis, gastritis and enterocolitis are also advised to limit the use of this vegetable.
Salted cucumbers should be abandoned to people suffering from obesity, obesity, nephritis, pyelonephritis and cholecystitis.
How many calories in a cucumber?
Calorie cucumber is only 15 kcal per 100 g, so it is often included in the diet. Kefir-cucumber is considered one of the most popular diets, during which it is possible to eat only cucumbers, and only kefir should be drunk. During the day you should not eat more than 1.5 kg of cucumbers, and drink kefir no more than 1 liter. This amount should be evenly distributed to 6 meals.
The last time you can eat no later than 1 hour before bedtime. In the morning it is advisable to have breakfast within an hour after waking up. In order not to harm the body, diet can be no more than 4 days. During this time, you can lose weight somewhere in the 3 kg.-
With the help of fresh cucumber you can prepare useful and natural cosmetics (lotions, masks, scrubs, creams, etc.).
- Mask for the face
Peel the cucumber and rub it on a fine grater. In grated cucumber, add 1 tsp. honey and a few drops of lemon juice. All mix thoroughly and apply on face for 20 minutes. Wash off the mask with warm water. This procedure is ideal for all skin types, it is well whitening, refreshing and moisturizing.
- Body Scrub
Grate 3 cucumbers on a fine grater, pre-peeling them. In a separate bowl, dilute 5 tbsp. ground coffee 1 tbsp. boiling water and leave for 5 min. You should have a fairly thick mass. Add 5 tbsp to coffee. starch and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix the ingredients with the cucumber gruel. Apply the scrub in the usual way, applying all over the body.
- Vodka lotion
Take 3 cucumbers with the peel, grate them on a coarse grater. The resulting gruel fill with 1 tbsp. vodka, put in the fridge and insist day. Prepared lotion should be used regularly, preferably in the morning and evening. This composition not only treats acne, but also eliminates oily shine, and also gives the skin a matte finish.
What is the calorie content of pickled cucumber?
Surprisingly, salted cucumber contains less calories than fresh. 100 g of pickled cucumber contains only 12 kcal. From it you can cook a variety of salads and soups.
Lenten pickle with mushrooms
- Potatoes - 4 pcs.
- Pickled cucumbers - 4 pcs.
- Champignons - 400 g
- Rice - ½ tbsp.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Tomato paste - 3 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bay leaf
- Vegetable oil
- Wash and clean all vegetables. Grate carrots on a coarse grater, finely chop the onion, and cut the potatoes into cubes. Rinse and clean the mushrooms, cut them into thin straws.
- Salted cucumbers crumble cubes. Pour into a large pot of water, boil it. Add potatoes, rice, half onions and carrots to boiling water. Boil all 20 min.
- Preheat pan, pour vegetable oil. Put the remaining onions and carrots. Simmer vegetables on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add tomato paste and mix. Put the cucumbers and mix again. Pour some vegetable broth and pickle into the pan. Stew for 5 minutes.
- In the pan to the vegetables lay out the frying with the pickle. Add salt and spices. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat. Remove ready pickle from the heat, let the soup stand for 20 minutes.
- Finely chop the greens and add to the pickle. Ready soup is poured into plates, seasoned with sour cream and served hot.
Energy value of pickled cucumber
The energy value of pickled cucumbers is only 17 kcal per 100 g. With their help, you can cook a lot of delicious dishes, but salads are especially popular.
Olivier with capers and shrimps
- Shrimp - 300 g
- Chicken breast fillet - 3 pcs.
- Potatoes - 5 pcs.
- Capers - 4 tbsp.
- Pickled cucumbers - 5 pcs.
- Olives with lemon - 15 pcs.
- Mayonnaise - to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Black caviar - to taste
- Olive oil
- Cut chicken breast into small cubes and fry in olive oil. Boil the potatoes in a uniform, peel and slice them. Pickled cucumbers cut into cubes or strips.
- Mix the ingredients in a salad bowl, add capers and olives. Salt and pepper. Season with olivier mayonnaise. Decorate the ready salad with peeled prawns and black caviar.
Cucumbers are a very useful vegetable, containing many vitamins and trace elements important for the body. Due to the low calorie content, it can be consumed during diets. Use cucumber also for cosmetic purposes. It will help to cope with acne, refresh the skin of the face.