The fact that ice can be useful for the skin, heard many women. Surprisingly, the use of low temperatures today is a separate cosmetic and even medical procedure. Cryotherapy will help to return the skin to its former youth and heal other ailments, indications and contraindications to which should be considered before the start of the sessions.
What is the method?
With the help of cryotherapy specialists activate metabolic processes occurring in the cells of the skin or other organ. A person experiences extremely cold conditions for a very short time.
The temperature often reaches -160 degrees. It is this shock that accelerates metabolic processes and stimulates blood flow. As a result, the vessels are cleansed, the nervous system is strengthened, and muscle tone returns to normal.
During exposure to low temperatures, the capillaries spasm and narrow. Their successive narrowing and expansion, followed by stimulation of blood flow, is the basis of the method. The short duration of the session is one of the important conditions for treatment with cold. Cryotherapy allows tissues to regenerate and eliminate toxins.
There are several types of treatment with low temperatures:
- General cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen is carried out in special cryochamber, where the skin is cooled to zero degrees and below;
- local cryotherapy is applied pointwise on certain parts of the body using liquefied nitrogen;
- during cryomassage, they also resort to liquid nitrogen, while performing manipulations with cotton buds;
- Private cryotherapy is a case of using low temperatures at home.
Who is cryotherapy useful for?
Indications and contraindications to treatment with cold - this is the first thing you should pay attention to if you decide to try this unusual method. Most often the effect of low temperature is applied in the following cases:
- chronic tonsillitis - removal of damaged tissue;
- treatment of adenoids and rhinitis - with the help of a special nozzle, the nasal mucous membranes are irrigated, as a result of which inflammation is eliminated and breathing is normalized;
- pharyngitis - treatment is carried out under local anesthesia;
- gynecological diseases, in particular, cervical erosion;
- skin diseases;
- removal of papillomas and nevi.
Chronic tonsillitis is one of the most common and very unpleasant diseases. With this disease, cryotherapy allows you to freeze the damaged tissues of the tonsils, which is a more benign alternative to surgical intervention.
Cryotherapy of tonsils, according to reviews of patients, is one of the most effective methods of curing the disease. After this procedure, no scars or damage remain. The operation itself is painless, and food can be taken already 30-40 minutes after it. Often, patients need 1-2 procedures to reduce the tonsils, acquire a healthy texture.
The benefits of cryotherapy for the face
To improve the appearance and facial rejuvenation, cosmetic procedures are used - cryo-massage and cryo-peeling. These methods allow you to slow down aging, improve skin texture, normalize metabolic processes. Also known is an effective method of rejuvenation called "cryoelectrophoresis". Its essence lies in the introduction of frozen drugs under the skin by means of current.
The photo before and after cryotherapy of the face clearly shows how cleverly this method removes acne, minor scars and blemishes. In addition, cryotherapy is one of the best ways to remove tumors on the face, because after the sessions there will be no traces on the skin.
Cryomassage can also be done at home by replacing liquid nitrogen with pieces of ice. In this case, the ice is pre-saturated with essential oils, extracts of medicinal plants. This method allows you to prevent the appearance of wrinkles, maintain a healthy look and turgor of the skin.
An aerocryotherapy session involves the effects of low temperature on the entire body. Similar procedures have a wide range of indications:
- fight against cellulitis and excess weight;
- prevention of colds;
- treatment of dermatitis and other skin problems;
- improved immune defenses;
- body skin rejuvenation;
- treatment of rheumatism, osteochondrosis, arthritis;
- fight with nervous disorders, migraines;
- increase potency;
- treatment of psycho-emotional disorders;
- elimination of endocrine disorders;
- strengthening of vessels.
Before the start of the session, the patient undresses before swimming trunks and takes an air bath at a temperature of 20 degrees. After a thorough examination by the medical staff and measuring the pressure, the person should listen to instructions on the rules of behavior in the cryochamber. Having protected the feet and hands of the patient, the specialist sends him to a special cabin where the whole body sinks. At the same time, the head remains outside the chamber, and it is necessary to breathe with outside air. The procedure lasts 2-3 minutes at a temperature below -130 degrees.
What are the contraindications?
For the procedures used apparatus, called "cryosauna". Indications and contraindications to the use of low temperatures apply to all types of such activities.
Among the cases in which it is necessary to abandon the conduct of cryotherapy, are the following:
- allergic reaction to cold;
- the presence of infectious diseases, especially in the acute form;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- hypertension and stroke;
- ischemic heart disease and heart attacks;
- advanced age and age up to 16 years.
In the absence of contraindications, cryotherapy sessions are well tolerated by the body, making the method rapidly gaining popularity. Today it is a great alternative to some surgical operations, as well as a great opportunity to improve the body.