"CREON" is a preparation of the German manufacturer Solvay Pharmaceauticals, which is part of the group of enzymatic agents for the digestive tract. Available in the form of gelatin capsules, differing in the concentration of the active substance: "CREON 10,000" and "CREON 25000" are on sale. Instructions for use for each of the options are identical, since the composition has no differences. How effective is this drug, and is it possible to find low-cost counterparts that give the same performance?
Description of the drug "CREON" and instructions for use
The main active ingredient of Creon is pancreatin: its task is to facilitate the absorption of proteins, fats and carbohydrates through the acceleration of their breakdown. In addition, amylase, lipase and protease, which are also among the active substances, are observed in the preparation. Due to the fact that they are natural enzymes of the pancreas, problems with the assimilation of these components usually do not arise. After the gelatinous capsule shell dissolves under the influence of gastric juice, the released elements are transported to the intestine, where they are broken down and completely absorbed into its walls.
- According to the concentration, “CREON 10,000” and “CREON 25000” are distinguished, which contain 150 mg and 300 mg of pancreatin, respectively. Capsules can be packaged in blisters (10 or 25 capsules per 1 pc.), Or in bottles containing 20 or 50 capsules. The choice between the 150 mg version and the 300 mg version is determined by the degree of enzyme deficiency and other aspects associated with a particular disease.
Among the indications for the use of the drug “CREON”, the main cause is pancreatic insufficiency of any origin, from chronic pancreatitis to hereditary cystic fibrosis. Also, the tool can be used to treat inflammatory processes in the gastrointestinal tract, their dysfunction or degeneration, during recovery after surgery (in particular, removal of the organ) and chemotherapy. In the complex therapy, "CREON" is used to eliminate disturbances in the bile ducts, stabilize the process of food digestion, and normalize metabolic processes during a long, fixed lifestyle. Once a drug can be used to prepare for abdominal ultrasound.
- Despite this list of indications, as well as a rather attractive composition, “Kreon” cannot be called safe: there have been cases of provoking exacerbations of pancreatitis, the appearance of allergic reactions during the accumulation of active substances in the blood and urine. For this reason, "CREON" in any dosage is prohibited for persons suffering from exacerbation of pancreatitis and sensitivity to any of the components of the drug. Most of the reactions are observed on the part of the digestive system in the form of dyspepsia, diarrhea, nausea, painful spasms.
There are no cases of “Creon” conflict with other drugs, it has no effect on coordination and consciousness, therefore it can be applied in situations requiring maximum concentration.
The negative point of this drug - it interferes with the absorption of iron, so in long-term therapy, you must simultaneously fill the deficit of this element.
How to calculate the dosage of the drug "CREON 10,000"?
The most commonly used is "CREON 10,000". Instructions for use and dosage of the drug is as follows: in children under 4 years of age, the daily rate should not exceed 5 capsules, after this age and up to 12 years - up to 10 capsules. Adults are prescribed 15 capsules, with severe conditions (complete absence of enzymes) may be the cause of increasing the dosage to 40 capsules. However, the primary intake for children and adults should be 1 capsule "CREON 10,000" (children) or "CREON 25000" (adults).
- Individual calculations depend on the disease: persons with cystic fibrosis need to take 500-1000 lipase units for each kg of net weight, while the maximum number of lipase units for the same weight is 10,000. This dosage is relevant for initiating therapy and decreases with time.
Other cases of enzyme deficiency require adjustment according to the patient's body weight, as well as his diet (the amount of fat in the food is taken into account). At the same time, if for dense meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) the maximum dosage of the drug is 7.5 capsules "CREON 10,000" or 3 capsules "CREON 25000", then for snacking - not more than 2.5 capsules "CREON 10,000" or 1 capsules "CREON 25000". For an adult, 20,000–25,000 lipase units are considered the optimal dosage, which corresponds to 2 capsules “Kreon 10,000” or 1 capsule “Kreon 25,000”.
- An important nuance to which attention should be paid during the course of therapy is the method of using the drug in children and adults. A portion of the capsule should be consumed before meals (no more than 1/2 or less), the rest should be taken along with the selected dish. This allows you to make the enzymes contained in the preparation work as faithfully as possible.
Therapy with "Creon" in children, as well as those with difficulty swallowing, requires the opening of the capsule and the transfer of its contents into a liquid. The drug should not be chewed or otherwise disturb the integrity of the elements enclosed in a gelatin capsule shell, since this leads to the loss of the main mass of beneficial properties. In addition, the drug diluted in liquid is not subject to storage and must be consumed immediately.
CREON: low cost analogs of the drug
Due to the high cost of the product, whose minimum bracket is 250 rubles for 10 capsules of the minimum dosage and from 500 rubles for 10 capsules of the maximum dosage, the issue of searching for analogues of the CREON preparation is cheaper, but without loss of effectiveness. What do pharmaceutical companies offer?
- "Pancreatin-LekT"The simplest option, having the same component with the same name as the active substance. Unlike Creon, it is available in tablet format with a coating that dissolves when it enters the intestine. The concentration of the active substance is lower than that of Creon - lipase units only 3,500 tablets per tablet. The cost of the drug starts from 40 rubles per pack.
- "Pancreatic"The drug, produced in Taganrog, already differs somewhat from" Creon "in composition: besides lipase, trypsin and its derivatives are seen here. The latter’s task is to work as a light anesthetic for the pancreas, thereby relieving pain. Indications for use, and also a list of possible adverse reactions and contraindications are identical to those indicated for “Creon.” The cost of Pancreatymim is from 78 rubles per pack.
- "Gastenorm Forte". The drug is available in the classic concentration and in the form of" Forte 10,000. " Among the side effects indicated is a frequent allergic reaction on the part of the child’s body.The cost of the drug “Gastenorm Form” varies from 45 to 70 rubles per pack.
- "Mikrasim". A Russian-made drug based on pancreatin, the concentration of lipase units is 10,000 or 25,000 per capsule. Composition, indications, contraindications and precautions are the absolute equivalent of Creon. The cost of the drug is 160 rubles per pack of 20 capsules.
- "Penzital". Means, approximate in composition to the" Pancreatin-LekT ", produced in the format of tablets. Indian production, the price of 100 tablets - 55 rubles.
- "Panzinorm Forte". Available in formats 10,000 and 20,000, which indicates the appropriate number of lipase units per capsule. Among the indications are only insufficiency and errors in nutrition, in contraindications - children up to 3 years or up to 15 years in the presence of cystic fibrosis. Also, the drug can cause side effects on the part of the digestive system.The price for 21 capsules - 110-140 rubles.
- "Mezim forte"The most famous substitute" Creon ", which has a similar effect and a minimum number of side effects. The composition is identical, there are 35,000 lipase units per tablet. The price for 20 tablets is 60 rubles.
Thus, if you compare cheap CREON analogs by price, then Pancreatin-LekT becomes the clear leader, which is not surprising: drugs with the same substance usually have the lowest cost, as well as a nondescript look and lack of additional “extra” components. In terms of efficiency and demand, Mezim leads.