Man's hands are his business card. They are always in sight and easily give out not only our age, but also the type of activity, even the peculiarities of character. Taking care of the beauty and health of their hands is an important task for every woman.
Sometimes cracks appear on the fingers, which not only spoil their appearance and cause discomfort, but can also be a sign of some diseases.
Cracked skin on the fingers. The reasons
The reasons for which appear dry skin and cracks on the fingers, usually divided into external and internal.
- Temperature or humidity drops. For example, during the holidays with a sharp change of climate or in winter in extreme cold.
- Prolonged contact with chemicals. Most often it is household chemicals, which we use for home cleaning or glue, varnishes, paints, for example, during repairs.
- Constant contact with water. The eternal problem of housewives, as well as people involved in professional cleaning.
- UV exposure. Long stay in the sun contributes to the drying of exposed skin, including on the hands.
- Vitamin deficiency (sometimes hypervitaminosis)
- Allergic dermatitis
- Hormonal disbalance
- Violation of water-salt balance
Cracked skin on hands: first aid
- Getting rid of cracks in the skin of your hands can be quite difficult. therefore the best treatment is prevention Problems. Remember that our hands are constantly subjected to various aggressive influences, and care for them must be particularly careful.
- Be sure to use high-quality nourishing hand cream.
- Wear warm gloves during the cold season.
- When cleaning, washing or washing dishes do not be lazy to wear protective gloves. A little trick! Use medical gloves to protect your hands. They are comfortable, as they fit the palm tightly. Apply a thick layer of nourishing cream to your hands and wear gloves. Thus, you protect your hands from exposure to water and detergents, and your skin will delight you with softness and tenderness.
- If a cracks in the fingers still appeared, first of all, it is necessary to establish the cause. If it is external, immediately stop contact with harmful substances and protect your hands from the harmful effects.
- Try doing hand bath with a decoction of herbs (chamomile, plantain, calendula). They contribute to the rapid healing of cracks, soften the skin of hands.
- Cracks in the fingers may be due to unbalanced nutrition.. Be sure to include in your diet foods rich in proteins, vitamins of group B, ascorbic acid, vitamins A and E, iron. It is necessary to eat lean meat, butter and eggs, cheese, liver, carrots, broccoli, almonds. Be sure to drink several glasses of water a day to avoid dehydration.
Treatment of cracks on the fingers of folk remedies
- Traditional medicine offers many different ways to treat cracks in the fingers. Please note that these remedies are good only if the causes of unpleasant symptoms are external. If there is even the slightest suspicion that the skin on the hands is cracking for internal reasons, no self-treatment - immediately consult a doctor!
- A wonderful folk remedy to restore dry skin of the hands - mask based on honey and glycerin. To prepare it, mix 1 tbsp. l honey, a spoon of glycerin and 2 spoons of warm water. Add a little oatmeal to the mixture and mix thoroughly. Apply the mask on your skin and hold for at least 25 minutes. Rinse with warm water and brush your hands with nourishing cream or warm vegetable oil (almond oil is best!)
- Perfectly heals skin cracks on homemade olive oil based cream. To make the cream, mix turmeric powder, olive oil and honey in equal proportions. Thicken the mixture with a pinch of flour and add a few drops of sandalwood oil. The resulting tool is applied to the hands at least twice a day for 15-20 minutes. To wash off the cream is best decoction of chamomile, series or calendula.
- Effective remedy for the treatment of cracked fingers are rightfully considered milk starch baths. This bath is easy to prepare by stirring a tablespoon of starch in a glass of warm milk. Hold your hands in this solution for 5-10 minutes, wash it off and apply olive, sea buckthorn or castor oil on your skin. If desired, instead of butter, you can use a moisturizer.
- Quickly heals and softens cracked skin potato mask. Mash boiled potatoes, mix with 2 tablespoons of preheated milk and apply the mixture to your hands. Keep the mask must be at least 20 minutes.
Cracked skin on the fingers: medication
If the cracks on the fingers do not last long, seek medical attention immediately! The specialist will prescribe the necessary tests, determine the cause of the unpleasant symptoms. Remember that with certain diseases, such as fungus or eczema, self-medication can only harm. A dermatologist will select the right medication for you. Most importantly, carefully follow all the recommendations of the doctor and do not stop the course of treatment, even if there was a noticeable improvement.
Chapped skin in the nail most often indicates a lack of vitamins in the body (vitamin deficiency). But do not take their own vitamin complexes, without consulting the doctor, because the same symptoms may be with hypervitaminosis. In the latter case, the vitamins can cause great harm to your health!
- Heel Crack Ointment
- What should I do if the skin on my hands is loose?
- The skin on the fingers breaks: causes
Cracks on the fingers look unaesthetic and cause a lot of inconvenience.. Caring and caring for your hands and taking preventive measures in time will allow you to avoid this problem. But if unpleasant symptoms appear, do not delay treatment! If necessary, always consult a doctor.